Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Harbour - Imagine, Airwave or who?

• 26-07-2010 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

We are getting fed up with the slow speeds and cost of Eircom BB here in Crosshaven. Don't really need the phone line any more so.... who has a reliable service?

Imagine have been calling us for a while - they say they are putting in a WiMax mast in Cobh that should provide coverage around the Harbour (with a wall-mounted antenna) from late August - any opinions?

Airwave have been mentioned - though their coverage map doesn't quite reach here.

Amocom seems to be here but I know nothing about them (maybe using the now defunct South Coast TV mast?)

My priorities would be surfing, upload/download at reasonable speed, VOIP, youtube and RTE player would be important, gaming not important at all. 1Mbit would be fine, providing it is consistant and reliable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Howya Pat, I seem to remember that http://www.novanetworks.ie/ supplied the Cork Week festival with their link so think they can sort you out.

Not linked with them in any way!

MC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Thanks MC - I'll put them on the short-list.

Must remember to ask all of them if they have any problems with torrents.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Torrent hound!

Advertisement