Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for great places to fish(especially for pike)in the north east

Options
  • 26-07-2010 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi there

I love fishing and i am looking for great lakes/rivers...hidden gems for fishing in and around Louth/Cavan/Monaghan/Down and Armagh.

Any of you seasoned fishermen out there have any information on the best places to fish.

Would be interested in renting out boats and also love sea fishing...if anyone has any info big or small I would love to hear about it.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

dg you wont get too much info on that here......the mutton-head fish mongers are watching and if anyone its thick enough to give away such info on their favourite place to fish then the savages will come and clean it out for them... it happens all the time.....they provide that service for free you know, and they would eat anything that swims....if s**t had fins they would eat it

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Cavan is full of pike lakes, pick a lake and fish.

You won't get anybody recommending a particular water due to the killing of fish that goes on after this is done. Nobody wants to cause the elimination of fish stocks in their favourite lake by illegal nets.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Should have added - there is plenty of piking info about that area here:
    http://www.fishingireland.net/fishing/pike/index.htm

Hope this helps.

Advertisement