Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The end of Turbonegro.

Options
  • 26-07-2010 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I’ve been listening to my Turbonegro albums a fair bit lately, great if you’re in a bit of a bad mood.:pac:

Anyhoo, I went on to the net to see if they’re touring soon etc. and was gutted to read on wikipedia that as of … July 9, 2010, it was announced in Norwegian newspapers that Hank has left the band[8]. Bassist Happy-Tom says this is the end for Turbonegro as a band. Hanks says the reason he left the band was his new lifestyle as a sober family man. According to Jess Margera on Ckyalliance.com the band has officially broken up.

It’s a big shame, the world needs a band like Turbonegro.

Freaked I never got to see them live.

For anyone that is unfamiliar with them I recommend you check them out.
    Here's a little sampler

Ok its immature its childish, bizarre, call it what you want.
    And sure a lot of their riffs have been heard before (Ramones etc etc)
    I think its great!! :p

I've a feeling they'll become one of those cult bands that will never die off....
    ...and rightfully so!!!!

The world needs a Turbonegro!!

SlaterTurbonegro.jpg

Turbonegro (1989 - 2010)
    Hvil i Fred Jævler

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

It's a shame alright, but maybe they had taken it as far as they could anyway?

How ironic though - Hank calling it a day because of his "sober family man" lifetyle. Didn't they break up back in the 90s mainly cos he went into rehab?

I'll crank up Ass Cobra as a final salute!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

What was their connection with CKY anyway? I never understood that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

What was their connection with CKY anyway? I never understood that.

Is it just cause Bam was a big fan? I don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Is it just cause Bam was a big fan? I don't really know.

this, bam also directed at least one of their music videos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Saw them 3 times, funniest was when they supported Maiden at the RDS, they were awesome, i mean, how many other bands could say onstage that we're pissed off because we've been deprived of potatoes!! (Or something to that effect!!!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement