Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Futures 2010 - A Career Planning and Support Programme for Lone Parents

Options
  • 26-07-2010 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭

Thought this might be of some help to fellow parents. Will contact them myself to see if it's available to dads, as it states
    The project is funded as part of the Access to Employment Strand of the Equality for Women Measure.

Here's the info:
    Career Planning course starts in September

If you are a lone parent in need of help with career planning, One Family’s ‘New Futures’ course could change your life. It’s free and it starts in September for 14 weeks….
    New Futures 2010 – A Career Planning and Support Programme for Lone Parents

‘I finally have some clarity about my possible future and know if I stay motivated I can achieve my goals’ – New Futures past participant
    New Futures is a five month training and support programme that includes a 14 week FETAC Level 4 course which helps you….
    • Discover what jobs or courses suit you
    • Become more confident
    • Find out how returning to work and / or education will affect your finances
    • Get the support and friendship of a group of parents in the same situation as you
    • Learn how to balance work and family life
    As part of the course the following are available
    • Childcare
    • One to one support
    • Information, counselling and parenting support
    Funding for the project has been received from the Department of Justice, Equality and Law Reform and also the European Social Fund (ESF) through the Human Capital Investment Operational Programme 2007-2013. The project is funded as part of the Access to Employment Strand of the Equality for Women Measure.

For further information please call Helen or Clodagh on 01— 6629212 or email: hconway@onefamily.ie

Here's the LINK

Advertisement