If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTA01 Wireless adaptor for 7605H & 8605H TV's

Options
  • 26-07-2010 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭

Hi All

This may be of interest to all those who have bought a 7605 or 8605 recently, and is certainly a nice little device to add extra features to your TV

We expect to see the PTA01 Wireless USB adaptor in store by early next month...maybe even by the end of this month but that would be wishfull thinking....

Have a gander here --
    http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/p/pta01_00/pta01_00_pss_eng.pdf

This will turn the WIRED NET TV into a WIRELESS NET TV and as a bonus has something called WI-FI MEDIA CONNECT which as you see from the spec's pretty much allows you to play what ever you have on you PC on your TV wirelessly via your Broadband router

These will sell for only €49.99.

if anyone is interested in scooping one of these just pop a reply below and i'll reserve up stock as it comes in and contact you all.

ATB
    Ash

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

could it cope with hi def mkv's though? your talking 4gig upto 10gig file size

i envisage...stuttering...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi BArra

The small print at the bottom of the specs says "WiFi MEDIA CONNECT: the playback of video can be affected by your PC speed and WiFi bandwidth......."

Guess we wont know until we get hold of the dongle and try it out

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Macer123

Hi Ash,

My 7605 deserves one of these !!! Stick my name down for one please. TV still not mounted but will have that sorted by weekend.

Thanks

Dmc.

Yes it does!

I'll put you down for one and buzz you when it comes in.
    TV still not in action! How can you do that to yourself?

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Ash,

Go on and add my name to the list!! TV is wall mounted and I forgot to run an ethernet cable.......... doohhhh!!:o

Thanks again!!

• Advertisement

Hey Ryanno

No worries,

I'll put your name against one now.

Enjoying your TV I hope!

Cheers
    Ash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Zulian

Hey,
    I'm also interested. Please let me know when you have it.
    Thanks

Hi Zulian

I'll put you down for one and buzz you when it arrives in.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭andersat2

Sorry, but my opinion - 50.00 Eur it's a little bit rip-off from Philips side.
    Branded D-Link Wi-Fi usb adaptors goes for 22.99Eur. The only thing i'm not sure, are they 100% compatable with Philips TVs..
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

Hi Ash,

I was wondering if there is a similar device for the Philips 42PFL9803 tv ?

Thanks,
    CP.

• Advertisement

HI Couch.

I'm afraid not, nothing like that for the 9803.

Hey Andersat2

I've asked the question of compatability to the Philips tech bods and the answer is - probably not as they have not tested the different types out.

This dongle is specific to Philips TV's and dont forget it has WIFI MEDIA CONNECT software compatible with Philips TV's and once loaded onto your PC effectivly lets you stream pretty much everything on your PC to your TV.

Cheers
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Greenpoint

Hi All

... We expect to see the PTA01 Wireless USB adaptor in store by early next month...maybe even by the end of this month but that would be wishfull thinking... These will sell for only €49.99.

if anyone is interested in scooping one of these just pop a reply below and i'll reserve up stock as it comes in and contact you all.

ATB
    Ash

Please put me down for one. Thanks

Hi Greenpoint

Done.

if you could pm me a name and phone number I'll give you a buzz when these arrive into us

Cheers
    Ash

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 niallerf

Hi,

I bought a 42 PFL9664 off you late last year. The Net tv on it is hopeless. I would definitely buy one of these but it looks like its not compatible with it. This tv was top of the range a few months ago! Pretty shocking decision by Philips not to include it. Anyone any suggestions for a similar wireless product that would do the same job?

thanks
    Niall

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭forestman

Hi Ashley,

Do ye take laser for the dongle? I wouldn't be in a position to call into the shop so post/courier would be my only option.

Thanks

sending pm
    atb
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.