Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Sensor moving?

• 26-07-2010 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭

Building on a small sun room which will result in the blocking up of one exterior door and the another one will become an interior door both of which have alarm sensors fitted..........is it as simple as i think with regard to moving/removing these sensors........i.e the one that I am moving I can just join on and re route to new door location and the other one I can just remove the sensors, join the 'in and out wire' and incorporate into the new wall???

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

A lot depends on how these doors are wired. If there are 2 cables at the door you are blocking up these 2 cables will need to be joined colour for colour. Ideally in a junction box that will always be accessible. You then simply wire in the sensor/contact onto the new internal door , in the same colours as before.
    Hope I am imagining this right.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Road-Hog

koolkid wrote: »
    A lot depends on how these doors are wired. If there are 2 cables at the door you are blocking up these 2 cables will need to be joined colour for colour. Ideally in a junction box that will always be accessible. You then simply wire in the sensor/contact onto the new internal door , in the same colours as before.
    Hope I am imagining this right.:)

I think you imagining correctly.........I was thinking along these lines

Advertisement