Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should i do if i don't have a landline number?

• 26-07-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭

hi,

I just moved in a new apt and i'd like to install broadband.

I found a Vodafone product is good for me. In order to have the net i must have a landline number now. Should i contact Eircom by myself?:confused: or Vodafone can do it for me?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

I presume when you mean you dont have a landline number that there isnt a landline going to your apt.

I suppose suggesting UPC isnt an option because if it doesnt have simple infrastructure such as a landline then it defo wont have the infrastructure for Cable phone/broadband from UPC.

Have you asked your landlord about the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭idayang

Thanks Hogzy

i did find some sockets in the wall. but we just don't have any number. i suppose i should contact someone to get a number. I called Vodafone in the afternoon and asked them whether should i contact Eircom by myself. They were patient, but i have to admit that i didn't understand them...my English listening is so poor....

Actually, i contacted UPC at first, they examined my apt and told me there's something broken in the cable box, they want to dig a hole in the wall and draw a new cable into the room. I think my landlord would be very unhappy with that, so i cancelled the order.

Hogzy wrote: »
    I presume when you mean you dont have a landline number that there isnt a landline going to your apt.

I suppose suggesting UPC isnt an option because if it doesnt have simple infrastructure such as a landline then it defo wont have the infrastructure for Cable phone/broadband from UPC.

Have you asked your landlord about the situation?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Ok. i wouldnt be the best to advise you on actually setting up your number. It is very rare for an apartment to not have a phone line.

I linked the official boards.ie vodafone forum below. Post a thread here regarding your problem and the lads from vodafone should respond tomorrow during business hours. Just tell them you english isnt the best and they will help you out.

VODAFONE FORUM

Thank you !
    *^_^*
    Hogzy wrote: »
    Ok. i wouldnt be the best to advise you on actually setting up your number. It is very rare for an apartment to not have a phone line.

I linked the official boards.ie vodafone forum below. Post a thread here regarding your problem and the lads from vodafone should respond tomorrow during business hours. Just tell them you english isnt the best and they will help you out.

VODAFONE FORUM

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

We can install a new line or reactivate an old line. Does this sound like it would suit?

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

idayang wrote: »
    :) hi, Magnet ,are you a Vodafone staff?

Nope, we're another provider. We may have a solution for you. We set up phone lines and reactivations of existing lines for free.

In saying this I have to note that it 100% depends on where you are located.

God..i found my mistake immediately after i posted that reply. So silly.....I am sorry Rory
    I tried to conceal it but you are too quick....:o

Nope, we're another provider. We may have a solution for you. We set up phone lines and reactivations of existing lines for free.

In saying this I have to note that it 100% depends on where you are located.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Knasher

Unless you plan on going with Eircom you definitely don't want to ring them yourself as that will put you into a 6 month contract with them. To get out of it early you would have to pay the 6 months line rental before you can go with another provider. Whoever you decide to go with its best to talk to them directly.

Advertisement