Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRAOI Festival Waterford 2010

• 26-07-2010 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to SPRAOI 2010 a lot ... the line up looks great

www.spraoi.com

C'mon people of Waterford ... lets get behind this great festival ... tell your friends & colleagues about it .... spread the word far & wide ... post it on your facebook & myspace ....

a festival for Waterford to be proud off ... hopefully the sun shines :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah its lookin unreal comeraghs, some quality bands playing about the town as well. and the street performer wierdos look good too.
    to get in the festival mood i fully intend to support local drinking establishments this whole weekend.
    i will also be ooohing and aaahhing at the fireworks, which are usually the business.

altogether now..... oooooohhhhh aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

Good man Longshanks!

& I'll be joining you in helping our embattled publicans in their time of need!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah I always love Spraoi and I'm sure I won't be disappointed this year. Most looking forward to O Emperor on Friday night as shiftwork has stopped me seeing them on teh two previous occasions they've played here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Only a day left so I figured I'd bring this thread back up to the top incase someone doesn't know about it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I'm just glad I have monday morning off. Recovering from the after party in the forum is gonna be a challenge.

• Advertisement

Does anybody else feel that the festival has been receiving less publicity than usual in the run-up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

comeraghs wrote: »
    Does anybody else feel that the festival has been receiving less publicity than usual in the run-up?

A lot less! Last year I knew all about the acts/etc, this year I know nothing!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

oh yeah. the whole lot will be great fun??? walking around the streets watching 16-19 year old music heads ( or so they think ) p"£s and vomit all over the street that they are walking on.half of them off their heads on more than drink. cant wait to see all that. come on people of waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

tom thum wrote: »
    oh yeah. the whole lot will be great fun??? walking around the streets watching 16-19 year old music heads ( or so they think ) p"£s and vomit all over the street that they are walking on.half of them off their heads on more than drink. cant wait to see all that. come on people of waterford.

That's not very fair.

I'm 28, not 16-19. :D

But in all seriousness I've been at Spraoi for nearly everyone of the 18 years its been on. There are always those eejits that see it as a piss-up but the majority of people will be out to have a good time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

That's not very fair.
    tom troll doesn't do fair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

are you an idiot or something? 80,000 people come to see and enjoy all thats good about this weekend, and all you can contribute is that some teenagers might be drunk. big fuckin deal, the rest of the weekend rocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Just heard weekend has started on a sad note , Young lad was knock down on the Quay, Hope he is all right ,Prayers and thoughts with him and his family.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Just back from a ban and you start up again, eh? Take a longer break this time.

Banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Christ Church

Joe Duffy broadcasting right now from Tower Hotel Waterford for Spraoi!!

Great national coverage for Waterford, nice one. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

There was a segment on radio 1 yesterday morning. Great publicity I thought.
    Hopefully the city centre will be rockin tonight, I'm playing in a band thats, eh, playing tonight in one of the bars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

dermo909 wrote: »
    There was a segment on radio 1 yesterday morning. Great publicity I thought.
    Hopefully the city centre will be rockin tonight, I'm playing in a band thats, eh, playing tonight in one of the bars!

Could you be more vague?

It's SPRAOI TIME!!!!!! Fastastic! it's time to party!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 155 ✭✭hudsonriver

anybody know whos playing the festival club in the fourm tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

anybody know whos playing the festival club in the fourm tonight?

Should be on the website in the programme thing

SHOULD BE on the website www.spraoi.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

Go see Torann!!*

*not being biased there at all...... :D

Chochese wrote: »
    Go see Torann!!*

*not being biased there at all...... :D

I heard they're gone off the boil. There's one lad who often wears glasses who's apparently holding them back. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Chochese

..also, saw a half page advert in today's The Ticket magazine in The Irish Times.

I can imagine a fair chunk of the 'local' advertising budget may have been sarcrificed to place that one.
    nkay1985 wrote: »
    There's one lad who often wears glasses who's apparently holding them back. :P

I'll tell Marc you said hello... :pac:

What's the weather forecast looking like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Fine all weekend,

18/19 and partly cloudy. Should be grand!

ziedth wrote: »
    Fine all weekend,

18/19 and partly cloudy. Should be grand!

Poster, moderator, weatherman - is there anything this man can't do!

Are you not supposed to be in Vegas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm sitting by the pool with my laptop that's how dedicated I am :)

Na, tomorrow I'm off. you can talk about geoffs till your blue in the face for a whole week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Odats

Na, tomorrow I'm off. you can talk about geoffs till your blue in the face for a whole week.

What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas Ziedth remember no scenes like in the Hangover. Some spot for a stag my friend.

I think I'll head into Geoff's for a pint this evening.....

Oh, you're still here! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

I see delorentos are playing in geoffs on sunday in the beer garden. Good band defintely worth a look.

Advertisement