Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPRAOI Festival Waterford 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

tonc76 wrote: »
    Could you be more vague?

I figured pimping/promoting my band would'nt be appreciated here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

dermo909 wrote: »

Maybe you're right but still. Like I said I'm most looking forward to seeing O Emperor on The Plaza tonight and there's no problem with that so I don't see any harm in you saying "Yeah I'm playing in Kitty Kiernan's at 10 o'clock on Saturday" or something. It's not the same as trying to sell something really which is what the rule is there for I think.

Anyway, we're all intrigued now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

yea, but you're offering something cool to visitors to Waterford and the locals this weekend so stop procrastinating and spill the flippin' beans :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Saw O Emperor on the plaza for the first time last night. They are some band. Won't see a better gig this year I reckon. Great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

First time i'm ever missing it this year! summer just wont be the same now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Is the fireworks tonight or Monday Night ?And what time do they start ? 10.30??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Is the fireworks tonight or Monday Night ?And what time do they start ? 10.30??

Tonight at 10:30,be best to get there around 10 just to be sure..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Tonight at 10:30,be best to get there around 10 just to be sure..

Thank you ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Did anybody else see The Destroyers in The Forum last night? Or even on the TalkTalk stage? Best night I've had on the forum in ages. They were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭LETS BE AVN IT

What happend to the days of people allowed to drink cans on the Plaza , a few years ago it was grand to watch a band and drink a few cans down there , they wont allow drink in at all know a bit sad :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

What happend to the days of people allowed to drink cans on the Plaza , a few years ago it was grand to watch a band and drink a few cans down there , they wont allow drink in at all know a bit sad :(

I was drinking cans down there yesterday as was loads of people,there was a few guards around but they said nothing,i was stopped by two undercover gardai but they just asked my name and that,said nothing about the drink,i saw them taking ID from a few of the skateboarding fellas though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Yeah was down there myself last night and there was loads of people with cans, I think there might be a limit to the amount you can bring "in" though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Did anybody else see The Destroyers in The Forum last night? Or even on the TalkTalk stage? Best night I've had on the forum in ages. They were amazing.

Saw a bit of them on the TalkTalk stage, just great fun, they're on in the tower at 10pm tonight i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bol_Whelan

They were certainly very entertaining. Brilliant.

old gregg wrote: »
    yea, but you're offering something cool to visitors to Waterford and the locals this weekend so stop procrastinating and spill the flippin' beans :p
    Since the gig is over now there's no harm in mentioning it! My band is called FUSE and we played the kazbar on fri night. Awesome gig, one of the best ever. Hopefully some of you were there and enjoyed it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Torann were quite amazing, as always. The atmosphere they create in the Forum is always electric, not sure if they played anywhere else as I was far too busy in work. Never has our place been so packed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

AdMMM wrote: »
    Torann were quite amazing, as always. The atmosphere they create in the Forum is always electric, not sure if they played anywhere else as I was far too busy in work. Never has our place been so packed!
    They played the Plaza on Sunday afternoon aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

"Tops off lads, and swing em in the air!"

Since the gig is over now there's no harm in mentioning it! My band is called FUSE and we played the kazbar on fri night. Awesome gig, one of the best ever. Hopefully some of you were there and enjoyed it!

Yeah I was in there on the second floor. Listened to a couple of songs upstairs and you sounded really good. My brother and a couple of friends stayed on later and said the gig was great. Well done.

I ahte the third floor in the Kazbar though. They get some great bands in but if you put more than 20 people in there, it feels packed and is like a sauna.

Be quiet or Chocheese will get a big head. :p

Nah they were deadly yet again. They played Cathedral Square a couple of times and the Plaza once I think as well as the forum gig. Was teh Forum good last night?

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Yeah I was in there on the second floor. Listened to a couple of songs upstairs and you sounded really good. My brother and a couple of friends stayed on later and said the gig was great. Well done.

I ahte the third floor in the Kazbar though. They get some great bands in but if you put more than 20 people in there, it feels packed and is like a sauna.
    Cheers, it was a great one alright! If you hate upstairs in the kazbar spare a thought for the poor musicians who have to carry all their gear up and then back down after the gig. For example, my guitar amp weighs 34kg!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Cheers, it was a great one alright! If you hate upstairs in the kazbar spare a thought for the poor musicians who have to carry all their gear up and then back down after the gig. For example, my guitar amp weighs 34kg!

We played up there Friday last week and I have a 4x10 bass cab as well as an active 18" sub for the PA and 2 guitar amps. :( Still better than the first time we played there though with 5 of us squashed in beside the stairs on the bottom floor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Jesus some of the reports I have gotten are that it was one of the best spraois in a while. Fair play.

Asmodean wrote: »
    Jesus some of the reports I have gotten are that it was one of the best spraois in a while. Fair play.

I've been to every Spraoi for more years than I can remember and I'd rate this one as the best yet. The quality of the acts was very high. It was really well-organised. Having no break between the afternoon and evening events is a great idea when it's executed right. Really enjoyed myself this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

What would probably be great for next year is if they develop an iPhone/iPod app to help people find their way around to acts. (Can you tell that I've recently joined the Apple bandwagon? :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 29 donaloflynn

What would probably be great for next year is if they develop an iPhone/iPod app to help people find their way around to acts. (Can you tell that I've recently joined the Apple bandwagon? :p )

Had the same thought myself, the one for Oxegen seemed really good. Definitely an idea for next year.

Did the next best thing this year by putting the programme PDF in iBooks on my iPhone (great for reading it in the dark too!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

we had a house full of visitors for the weekend and they were very impressed with the whole thing and with Waterford in general which was nice.

my personal minuscule gripe is that there was no Metal to assault my ears with. Other than that I enjoyed it all and as usual loved the fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭1967

I really enjoyed spraoi this year city centre had a great buzz about the place and the publicans and cafe and restaurant owners must have been happy.Saw some excellent bands including a 13 piece band from Birmingham The Destroyers saw them for a short while in John Roberts Square saturday night but caught there whole set after the fireworks in the Tower Hotel they were excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

Definetly the best Spraoi in a long time. Well done all. Special mention to Torann and O Emperor as highlights for me. Both on the plaza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

"Tops off lads, and swing em in the air!"
    Then bouncers started telling people to put them back on :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I've been to every Spraoi for more years than I can remember and I'd rate this one as the best yet. The quality of the acts was very high. It was really well-organised. Having no break between the afternoon and evening events is a great idea when it's executed right. Really enjoyed myself this year.

Agree with this 100%. Last year the Sunday kind of fizzled out too early, but not this year. The kids particularly loved Magmanus and the American "Mr Bean" :-) The skill level of the performers generally in such close quarters was breathtaking.

Well done to all concerned. Well worth a fiver each!

SSE

Advertisement