Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Girls Team Sports

Options
  • 26-07-2010 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hey just wonderin is there any ladies teams around meath that one could join for a bit of craic, meet new people and maybe get in some excerise or that. Bored in the evenings. Have tried some of the classes in the gym but think id rather a team sport, get to know some people n have a laugh and then the excercise wouldnt seem like such a chore.:o
    any suggestions considered lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Hi happyhat - don't know what area of Meath you are interested in looking for something to do - but almost every town/community will have either a camogie or gaa football team, plenty of soccer and rugby ladies teams around also and varying levels if you are just a beginner in something and just in it for the craic. Boot camp ireland were also running a programme in the navan rugby club as far as I know - think i saw signs up for that, but not sure if its still on - you would get fit doing that and meet plenty of people and its for all levels aswell. Hope that helps some - the only thing I find is with most team sports I think its hard just to go just for the craic and to get/keep fit - at some point it unfortunately turns competitive!! Tag rugby is a great thing for a team sport and having the craic even though its a mini competition - I'm not sure if there is any around meath - maybe someone knows??

• Registered Users Posts: 23 happyhat

Hey adelcrowsmel, thanks for your reply. Oh sorry yea the Navan area would be best but can travel for something unusual but worth a try :) yea i thought of gaa but have never played before :o n the nearest team is a different parish.;) The Tag rubgy sure sounds like fun i might give it a try. And wouldnt mind a bit of soccer either like maybe the ladies equilivant of 5 a side but i can be hard to track down a team looking for new members. anyways thanks again for any ideas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I just looked up the tag rugby in Navan - it unfortunately finished last Friday by the looks of things on their website.http://www.irishrugby.ie/tagrugby/15369_navan_rfc.php
    I don't really know anything about 5-a-side soccer - but it would be no harm contacting the soccer clubs directly - there are a good few aroung the area. You'll find them all at this link and they might point you in the right direction.http://www.meathlocalsportspartnership.ie/index.php?option=com_sobi&catid=65&Itemid=55 Sorry I couldn't help more!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 happyhat

Thanks for all your help adelcrowsmel. Thats been a great help. I didnt come across your second link before and was just gettin fed up tryin to find out where and what clubs are in the area. Turns out there a soccer club alot closer too me than i thought.:) Pity the tag rugby is over for this season but it sounds like fun so ill be keepin on eye on that website to see if/when its startin again.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Faddymackshyte

You could try the Navan hockey team either. They've started pre-season training and the season doesn't start until the end of September/beginning of October either. They train every Tuesday night in Mercy at 7.15.

• Advertisement
Advertisement