Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting to the spirit store

Options
  • 26-07-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

anyone know whats the best way to get to the spirit store from dundalk centre without a car? is it far to walk? is it easy to get a taxi outside after a gig? thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

zac8 wrote: »
    anyone know whats the best way to get to the spirit store from dundalk centre without a car? is it far to walk? is it easy to get a taxi outside after a gig? thanks!

20-25 minutes from town centre should get you there on foot.
    You might be as well to pre order your taxi for afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

15 mins at most.
    From the Court house, which is central.
    Head towards the way the Taxis are facing and continue until you come to the Windmill bar.
    Take the left road until you come to the traffic lights where you turn left again.from the lights, you will see the entrance to the docks on the right hand side about 100m .When you enter docks, turn left and you can't miss it.
    042-9333333 Shevlins are local or 042-9377777 Sevens cabs will not take that long.
    Injoy your night

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

thanks for the help lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

Actually, it's quicker to go up Clanbrassil St and then along by the Marist, St. Helena's and the new Lidl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

qc3 wrote: »
    15 mins at most.
    From the Court house, which is central.
    Head towards the way the Taxis are facing and continue until you come to the Windmill bar.
    Take the left road until you come to the traffic lights where you turn left again.from the lights, you will see the entrance to the docks on the right hand side about 100m .When you enter docks, turn left and you can't miss it.
    042-9333333 Shevlins are local or 042-9377777 Sevens cabs will not take that long.
    Injoy your night

From the Square I think this is the easiest and quickest route.
    Ggreat spot for a gig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lolo26

Just a word of advice, never leave your car overnight at the Spirit Store. Its notorious for car break-in's.

I got my driver & passenger windows smashed last summer and has happened a lot of people I know since. I've never left my car there again as a result. Only last weekend a friend of mine slept in his car outside the Spirit Store and when he woke up the next morning the two cars parked either side of him had their windows smashed!

A lot of that **** happening round town lately. 14 cars broken into last night in Belfry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 lolo26

It's awful. As far as I'm aware, I don't think they don't actually steal anything from the cars, they just do it for 'fun', pure badness. I had foolishly left my ipod and a few other personal belongings in my car but they didn't take them, they just smash and run. Something needs to be done about it. :mad:

P.s I love the Spirit Store - and these thugs that come down after hours and break into cars should not be a reflection on the pub itself. It's a great spot, great music and generally nice, friendly punters!

Client I was working for had a Laptop stolen . Thing is that a lot of the cars were left open by the owners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

The parking around the Spirit store is in Darkness after hours.Looks good during biz hours when you hop out of your car, but is a haven for n"er do goods when the lights go out.Much the same as anywhere i guess.
    Complete madness to park down that area imo.

• Advertisement
Advertisement