Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 repair

Options
  • 26-07-2010 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭

A while ago black lines started to appear across the lcd of my n95 and I bought a replacement screen from deal extreme. I was fitting it today and accidently broke the clip that holds the lcd ribbon in place and now I can't get the screen to fit in perfectly and connect. Would anyone here be able to fix this or know where I could get it done and for how much? Is it worth my while getting it fixed or should i just put it on adverts for parts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Im not sure exactly what you broke, so its hard to say. I know where the ribbon connects, did you crack that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

sorry, i should've been clearer. say you're connecting the ribbon of the screen, and you slide it under a little thing on the phone by first loosening the clip by moving it forward. Well i pushed the clip too far forward and it snapped off, but the connecting area is still there, i just don't think the end of the lcd's ribbon is staying in properly. The phone still turns on rings and stuff, the screen is just totally black!

Ah I think I know what your saying now. You could get a new flex ribbon and replace the whole unit. This will mean the whole unit coming off the housing (its kinda clued down) and the keyboard and front camera being replaced. It all comes in one unit. You could get one for less then €30, just make sure its not a flexi for the n95 8gb, as they are different.

You could take it to fonemenders and they would do it for you if you wanted.

Thanks, I'll bring it to phonemenders tomorrow. If they want more than 20 or 30 I'll probably not bother though and just get another one. How much would it would be worth for replacement part value on adverts do you think? I just want a working n95 back, i just moved to 3 and have unlimited internet for the month (well 250mb) and was really enjoying it :(

Dont think it would be worth much on adverts, you can get parts cheap enough for them, or even the phones themselves.

• Advertisement

Got an n95 8gb on adverts for €110. Man I love this phone, it's a big improvement on the original n95 and with the data plan from three it's really cool. The main advantages are the bigger ram and extended battery. I find 3mail really useful as well. It would take something really special in a phone to make me change from an n95, especially seeing as I have no interest in touch screen phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

I have a screen for the 8gb and older model from two scrapped phones. That screen riibon clamp on the 4gb is a known priblem for breaking.

I have a screen for the 8gb and older model from two scrapped phones. That screen riibon clamp on the 4gb is a known priblem for breaking.

They are indeed, the design of the housing is usually the problem, its runs of the plate, and the hole is angled which seems to make it worse, and then over time the ribbon snaps

Advertisement