Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abortion

• 26-07-2010 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

I'd like to see where atheists stand and why

Where do you stand on abortion? 5 votes

Abortion should be available on demand
    0% 0 votes
    Abortion should be allowed if mother's health is at risk
    100% 5 votes
    Abortion should be allowed only if mother's life is at risk
    0% 0 votes
    Undecided
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

We stand in most places really. Out views don't really influence where we stand, unless it's a church or something, but even then we make exceptions.

Also, IBTL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

You won't get any consensus on this. The only thing that generally "binds" Atheists together is the lack of a belief in deities.

Their views on pretty much everything else will be widespread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

No 'abortion should be mandatory' option? Some people are so narrow minded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

rantyface wrote: »
    I'd like to see where atheists stand and why

I voted YES but you really need to define "abortion" or give more options.

I'm for early term abortion but not late term abortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

cavedave wrote: »
    No 'abortion should be mandatory' option? Some people are so narrow minded.

:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Should be available for sure, having to travel over seas only puts more stress on someone, it's a hard enough thing to go through as it is. It's not right.

I don't think an abortion should be allowed when the phoetus reaches a certain stage of development.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

Abortion is already allowed in Ireland if the mothers life is at risk. ( Ectopic pregnancy ..).

Its not termed as an abortion, the aim is not to abort the child but to treat the mother or save her life and in the process the pregnancy is terminated.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

rantyface - this has been debated at length here before.
    If someone can see a reason to do so again (and give myself and Robindch a pain in the head) then PM me as to why.

Between them the threads below have over 1,000 replies, and the first in the list even has a poll. :)

Abortion from a Atheist viewpoint

The All New Abortion Spin-Off Thread...

Atheism & Abortion

Closed!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement