Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

whats the site for pyro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Dublin knackers

On my way home tonight, dropping my mate off after work, going through a few side roads in Crumlin, come to a group of teenage lads, see in the middle of them there's 2 lads, boxing gloves and all, bashing each other. :D

Just watched the Mechanic

What you think? Ending is class.
    whats the site for pyro?

http://www.jamesboyleracing.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Haha I knew that was gonna happen Gav.

The Revolver makes no sense at all

Just had a lovely chicken fillet roll, not bad for two quid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

empty calories US, straight to the hips!

Healthy eating has been put back another week

If I answered yes to nearly all of these what does it mean:

Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
    Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
    Did gambling affect your reputation?
    Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
    Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
    Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
    After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
    After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
    Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
    Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
    Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
    Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
    Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
    Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
    Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
    Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
    Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
    Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
    Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
    Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

If I answered yes to nearly all of these what does it mean:

Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling?
    Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
    Did gambling affect your reputation?
    Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
    Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
    Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
    After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
    After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
    Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone?
    Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
    Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
    Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
    Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
    Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
    Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
    Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
    Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
    Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
    Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?
    Have you ever considered self destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?

Your an efficient gambler:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

can't be good US

Did gambling affect your reputation? Ya a fooking LEDGE-IND
    Have you ever felt remorse after gambling? BARCELONA
    Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? Beer money
    After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? Duh
    After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more? Duh
    Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned? Duh
    Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble? Escape boredom
    Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping? thats what happens when you bet on South American soccer games
    Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling? bita gambling after getting laid = :cool:

Did you ever lose time from work or school due to gambling? I used to go dossing down to the bookies
    Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy? when I lose
    Did gambling affect your reputation? Best gambler ever
    Have you ever felt remorse after gambling? everytime I back a loser
    Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties? just whenever I have a bill
    Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency? most efficient gambler ever
    After losing did you feel you must return as soon as possible and win back your losses? all of the time
    After a win did you have a strong urge to return and win more? of course
    Did you often gamble until your last dollar was gone? no I bet in euro
    Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling? only all of the time
    Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling? my fine self
    Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures? gambling is my only expenditure
    Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family? often
    Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned? can't plan longer than all of the time
    Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble? In case I don't win yeah
    Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?selling a bit of white to make some green
    Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping? I couldn't sleep christmas night,was too excited about stephen's day racing
    Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?doesn't everyone
    Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune by a few hours of gambling?most definitely
    I couldn't find my self destruct button

• Advertisement

.... the ole gambling can be no joke though, most of us lose the head from time to time, some folk lose the head most of the time. I've seen lads get in serious financial difficulty due to it, at least one I reckon committed suicide due to gambling (difficult to be sure of that one) and I've seen one or two folk have gambling compound other problems/issues they had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

RoverJames wrote: »
    .... the ole gambling can be no joke though, most of us lose the head from time to time, some folk lose the head most of the time. I've seen lads get in serious financial difficulty due to it, at least one I reckon committed suicide due to gambling (difficult to be sure of that one) and I've seen one or two folk have gambling compound other problems/issues they had.

My uncle got into a bit of bother a while back, into thousands of debt, my aunt separated from him, try to do the job on himself (thankfully was found quickly) he was in a mental hosptial for a while and he's on the mend but it's taken a good few years off his life I'd say.

My uncle got into a bit of bother a while back, into thousands of debt, my aunt separated from him, try to do the job on himself (thankfully was found quickly) he was in a mental hosptial for a while and he's on the mend but it's taken a good few years off his life I'd say.

Never nice to hear stories like that especially when it's someone close to ya, good to hear he's on the mend though, only thing is with depression it's so unpredictable, takes a very long time to recover fully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,065 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Shouldnt even be posting in here these days. Haven't had a bet this year :pac: Waiting for my cashcard to arrive so will get back into then but 20 quid a week is my lot cus i haven't a clue. I can see how people get addicted though and its pretty depressing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Was told this week that apparently a classmates (from secondary) dad who killed himself was riddled with gambling debts..

All you can hope is that you know when your limits and stop when you need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Absolutely great to see Trump knocked out of the German masters. Liked him at the start but he's got so arrogant lately i hate to see him win now.

Absolutely great to see Trump knocked out of the German masters. Liked him at the start but he's got so arrogant lately i hate to see him win now.

Has he?

I've completely lost touch with snooker I'd say the last time I watched it was when Trump broke onto the scene at the World Championships (I think). Ragin I don't get to watch it as much any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Has he?

I've completely lost touch with snooker I'd say the last time I watched it was when Trump broke onto the scene at the World Championships (I think). Ragin I don't get to watch it as much any more.

Yeah, complaining about players being too slow when he loses, and saying he'd beat them anyday and crap like that.
    Maguire was 3-1 down and 4-2 and won 5-4:D

His twitter heading used to be 'aspiring young snooker player'. Now its 'part time snooker player,full time international playboi!
    welcome to the good life'!!!

Yeah, complaining about players being too slow when he loses, and saying he'd beat them anyday and crap like that.
    Maguire was 3-1 down and 4-2 and won 5-4:D

His twitter heading used to be 'aspiring young snooker player'. Now its 'part time snooker player,full time international playboi!
    welcome to the good life'!!!

Ye sounds like bit of a dick now so. Shame, it was nice to see a young confident long potter come out and play his own game against people he'd be expected to be hammered against.

• Advertisement

Playing Batman Arkham Asylum,good game

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Im really drunk now and depressed. I tried 2 make up with the barmaid today but after the text she sent me tonight I just want 2 talk 2 my cousin in the morning and then I will take an overdose

What are you on about johnny-what did she say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Im really drunk now and depressed. I tried 2 make up with the barmaid today but after the text she sent me tonight I just want 2 talk 2 my cousin in the morning and then I will take an overdose

http://www.samaritans.org/talk_to_someone/find_my_local_branch/ireland.aspx

You should try laying off the drink for a while Johnny.

ft9 wrote: »
    http://www.samaritans.org/talk_to_someone/find_my_local_branch/ireland.aspx

You should try laying off the drink for a while Johnny.

This is very true

I do love free bets

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Who's getting pissed tomorrow for the superbowl?

Who's getting pissed tomorrow for the superbowl?

Won't be gettin pissed I'd say :( But more than likely will watch it. Any decent bets for it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

yesno1234 wrote: »
    Won't be gettin pissed I'd say :( But more than likely will watch it. Any decent bets for it?

Going to go with the patroits on the handicap.

I'm trying to stay off the beer for a bit. Went for a six k run the other day, but don't do it often enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I'm trying to stay off the beer for a bit. Went for a six k run the other day, but don't do it often enough

Does the k stand for kebab or kilometre ? :D

• Advertisement

Kilometre unfortunately

9 x 100kg bench press today, surprised myself, had lots of biscuits too :pac:

RoverJames wrote: »
    9 x 100kg bench press today, surprised myself, had lots of biscuits too :pac:

Fair play. Personal record?

Yep, never did 9 x 100s on the trot before, was meaning to do 6 but kept going, no one spotting me either.

Never meant to do 9 €100 bets on the trot before, only for I got out on the last one it could of been 10

Oh 9 you so funny

That was hilarious last night to me.

Amazing what drink does.

Did you paint the town red

I was locked, but actually able to function, it was brilliant, usually I'd be messy as fcuk.

Check out this lunatic.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056540051

Hope it comes good for him. Doubt it but hoping.

Aw Christ.

• Advertisement

Sizing or Zeb today Urban?

I reckon Sizing Europe myself.

Oliver Brady was on ATR this morning, very honest re Imperial Shabra, said he saw feck all entries coming in, so he's sending the horse down to collect €4000 to pay his yard staff for a couple of weeks.

He's dead right, I like him.

I'm not touching the race to be honest. I'm debating whether or not to back United. Have lumped on Scotsirish too

He's dead right, I like him.

I'm not touching the race to be honest. I'm debating whether or not to back United. Have lumped on Scotsirish too

I have 50 on utd.

20 treble Newcastle, Ireland -5, Sizing Europe.

Great for a hangover when Sunday bets come in.

The mother just made me a mountain of sandwiches

Kempton off, that's a few quid saved :pac:

ScotsIrish and Utd DNB for me today I think, presumably I'll have to do singles as a DNB mightn't be the sort of bet they put in a double ????
    FEck that actually, just saw ScotdIrish's price.

Big Zeb v Sizing Europe is a coin toss, with a clear round I'd lean towards Big Zeb, not going to have any bet on it though.

They will let you put that in a double James.

that 8/11 last night on Scotsirish looks a gift. Pity I'd no bean in my PP account

Cheers :)
    Will do it so :pac:

I just backed United too, thanks to ft9 :cool:

Do you drive a Rover James?

Also, why?

• Advertisement

I just backed United too, thanks to ft9 :cool:

Certainty, free money, banker, etc etc.....

Advertisement