Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

coughlan08 wrote: »
    gay party my place if interested....:pac:

:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭Juwwi

baz2009 wrote: »
    Oh right I'd heard there was only the one. The one I go to is in kind of a square full of English pubs and a chipper. Can't think of the name of the bar, though.

Going to PDC as well.
    Whereabouts were the other bookies?

l saw 1 in old town 1 on the main strip in new town that was upstairs above a pub or restaurant and another off the main street in new town in an irish bar.
    they could have closen down since then tho ,there is always raids in spain and it was about 3 or 4 years since l was there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

robbie1977 wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek:

just because your not invited..;)

cock fests are the best anyway,sum laugh....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

baz2009 wrote: »
    I was in Boston there one Halloween, was motherfúckin cool.

Yeah I was in Boston Halloween 2007. They do it way better over there. Was in Philly last year at this party: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R40cezLY0s

Absolutely insane. Also that night was Pearl Jam playing the last ever show in the Spectrum (well known Philly arena since torn down) and Phillies playing in Game 3 of the World Series. So massive tailgating all day and an open bar all night.

Maybe I should go over...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

http://www.pokerstatic.com/hot-seat/interview-with-haralabos-voulgaris/

Great interview here ..not Poker related, but genreally gambling related, well worth the watch anyway.
    EDIT: it really ****ing drags on lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Meh i lived in the States for a good few years and then went back for college over there. They go all out for halloween but they go all out in a different way. Too much emphasis in competing with the neighbors and decorations and shít and not enough focus on getting bollixed drunk. I remember missing a class over Halloween in college and one of my friends recommended to the counciller that i see him over an alcohol abuse problem. Dude was my friend and i still talk to him to this day but i couldn't believe he done that. The average Irish person wouldn't have batted an eye lid to my scooping habits.

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Americans are weirdos anyways, I absolutely despise the majority of them with a severe passion!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Americans are weirdos anyways, I absolutely despise the majority of them with a severe passion!

bit harsh!

• Moderators Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Harsh but fair. :)

Ah no, I don't like them at all. The most ignorant nation of people that I've ever come across. Well, the people I've known from there are anyways.

PS. You're not American are you? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭blindpilot

greetings wrote: »
    I have before too. Wasn't a good day.

You'll look back in 7 years and laugh. Thats what I'm doing, Looking forward to the F1 on a new track. Should be good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I was in America last year or the year before for Halloween,can't remember which.
    Went to that Halloween yoke in Universal Studios Florida,it was one of the best things I've ever been to. They had armed security on the entrances with metal detectors,it's the kind of place you'd imagine some freak going in and shooting up everybody.
    This is the Hollywood video,but assume it's the same.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZDVNAuzqoc
    Well worth a watch,it's actually so scary,was very well done.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Harsh but fair. :)

Ah no, I don't like them at all. The most ignorant nation of people that I've ever come across. Well, the people I've known from there are anyways.

PS. You're not American are you? :pac:

Haha no. But I know exactly what you mean. The girlfriend is American and I went to college and worked there. I wouldn't want to be one of them, but it's fine looking in from the outside. They're a nation of stereotypes too. Been to the Jersey Shore recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

This never fails to make me laugh!

Last 79 cent in my PP account that I never use. Double on Arsenal and Cue Card. Returns 3 something,come on! :pac:

Love the new thing on oddschecker for each race where it shows a pie chart and the percentage of bets each horse is receiving in that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Love the new thing on oddschecker for each race where it shows a pie chart and the percentage of bets each horse is receiving in that race.
    Would be more useful if we could see actual numbers of bets placed.

I don't know of many people who bet directly through Oddschecker.com instead they go to the site having referenced it off Oddschecker.com

That pie chart wouldn't just be of bets made on oddschecker would it? I don't think it could,because it redirects anyway if you go to place a bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Ooh I see we have a thanks button on mobile now. Kewl B-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

That pie chart wouldn't just be of bets made on oddschecker would it? I don't think it could,because it redirects anyway if you go to place a bet on it.
    It's only bets made via the affiliate program from OddsChecker.com to the participating bookies. When you place a bet via OddsChecker.com they pass the information to the bookie via an api provided by the bookmaker. They then retain the information for their chart.

Bets places directly with the bookmaker aren't communicated to anyone.

Ah,that's gay.
    God I'd love a sausage sandwich.

• Advertisement

Anyone ever use the "at in-play take sp" option on Betfair? Tried it the other day on the phone and none of my bets went through, think I would have made a profit too :mad:

Never heard of it. Don't use betfair much,I still haven't gotten around to sending i.d confirmation

Don't think you need it if you have a laser card.

Hmm I didn't think of that I only recently got one. Must try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

A laser card is a debit card which is available to under 18s so therefore will not do the job.

I went through about 2 weeks of **** with them before i could withdraw.

They had no problem taking the bet though, paying out was the only problem, so it seems fine for underage gambling to take place if the kids are loosing :confused:

That's it ft9. Deposited 20 quid and went to withdraw 50 (this is a while ago) I was told I couldnt.Now the account is empty,as I was still allowed bet while waiting to confirm my i.d.

I was pretty sure that once I wasted all the money in my account, wasn't hard, and deposited with my laser, I could then withdraw to it straight away. Might be wrong, but I'm almost 100% certain I didn't have to verify any details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

You would be able to withdraw money as long as the amount is less that your total deposits. Once you request to withdraw more than this you need to have the account verified.

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Won €35 today on Mohawk Ridge.:cool:
    Only picked him cos I liked the name.:pac:

Holidays gambling is going well, betted on 4 races and two won.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭coughlan08

starspangledbanner Retired..
    super horse.gone to a stud.well deserved

Advertisement