Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

Miami Heat are great tbf :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Over to the Ice again tonight where i will be backing Boston to beat Montreal at evs.

2-0 up with 1.58 to go and Montreal come back and score 2 goals:mad:, im jinxed pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

ya cant win em all jonjo....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

I know the feeling man, my most confident bet of the treble on the NBA tonight gets beat and the other 2 win easily in the end, despite them being the worrries early on, i hate that Derek Rose lol.

Whats the story with gambling in Canada btw, im setting up there in 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Cartel Mike

Lepordstown on today televised.
    My higest stake on a horse these days would always be€5 but i have this thing with irish jump racing where i back a horse,he starts the race from near last and.... finishes near last (regardless of odds).

I notice that the winner (90% of the time) comes from the first four horses to start the race and thats basically it!
    The value is terrible, there are few eventfull races,often too many horses and near no comebacks.
    Haven't ever won a bet on irish racing in 3 years(that dosn't bother me) but can't help but feel conned every time i have a pop.
    Never get that 'conned' feeling from Chepstow or Wincanton or wherever else , difficult to explain it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Cartel Mike
    I notice that the winner (90% of the time) comes from the first four horses to start the race and thats basically it!
    Then why not do some research on the horses in the race and see which like to run from the front
    Haven't ever won a bet on irish racing in 3 years
    That has got nothing to do with irish racing they are your selections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Verance

@Cartel Mike. You're right in saying the value on the Irish racing is poor with the bookies, they seem to offer a huge over-round but this is because the racing is so unpredictable and there's nothing we can do to change it. Switch to Betfair!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lepordstown on today televised.
    My higest stake on a horse these days would always be€5 but i have this thing with irish jump racing where i back a horse,he starts the race from near last and.... finishes near last (regardless of odds).

The value is terrible, there are few eventfull races,often too many horses and near no comebacks.
    Haven't ever won a bet on irish racing in 3 years(that dosn't bother me) but can't help but feel conned every time i have a pop.
    Never get that 'conned' feeling from Chepstow or Wincanton or wherever else , difficult to explain it.

That's cos half of irish runners are non tryers

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭livdmg

I put a bet on joe cole and 2-1 to liverpool f.a cup match with man u but joe cole did not play at all what happens to the bet?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,252 ✭✭✭Juwwi

livdmg wrote: »
    I put a bet on joe cole and 2-1 to liverpool f.a cup match with man u but joe cole did not play at all what happens to the bet?????

The bet became a single of liverpool to win 2-1 when cole did'nt play so unfortunately its a loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Player A Highest Match Checkout Hide
    Martin Adams Under (128.5)
    5/6
    Martin Adams Over (128.5)
    5/6

Does this mean if I put 6 euros I will win 5 euros if he has a check out over 128.5

He just had a 161 check out for the first set so I won I think??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Bumsex

yes.

has anyone got a stream to the darts final

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭investment

Bumsex wrote: »
    yes.

BBC 1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

yes.

http://www.filmon.com/tv/?mid=13&a=ch_show&id=25

:(There ranting and raving at us gamblers over on the you guessed it the ranting and raving forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Did this match really go on this long is is this just another error by PP?

dqm59y.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,845 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

:(There ranting and raving at us gamblers over on the you guessed it the ranting and raving forum.

Are they upset about being losers?

Are they upset about being losers?

More than likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Half way through my college exams (hopefully an A in todays one), Shels annouce first friendly of the pre-season and we manage to sign our on-loan top goalscorer of last season from Sporting Fingal, not a bad day, now hopefully when I ask my new manager for Fridays off she won't moan!:o

ahhh come on,auburn were 3 and goal and an open 6 yard pass was thrown short....:eek::mad:

ffs....still though any1s game,you cant be doing that kinda **** and still win though...:o

• Advertisement

TOUCHDOWN AUBURN...:D:D:D

This is some game so far,end to end stuff..

heres an excellent stream

http://itsstreaming.com/bcshd.php

What defence by Auburn...
    as good as a touchdown...
    cmon now lads go back up and get a touchdown and finish this game off..

**** DRAW GAME WITH 2.20 LEFT.....

DONT DO THIS TO ME...PLEASE..:o

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

yessssss coughlan boy!!!!!!!!1hahahaahahaha.just noticed ur still up.what a way to win it.my biggest bet in a long time.delighted.was ****ting it there at the end when they got a TD!

yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssss.

JACKPOT..:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:D Who's the man, was worried for you there.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭panthera

christ i jumped the gun a bit.great way to win it though.i did not see that finish coming:D;):p

big game of darts down in the local tonight.semi final of the cup,501 double start..:p
    going down now for a few pints and throwing a bit of darts..
    Wish me luck..:)

p.s Will be back later for the basketbal tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Good luck,I'm brutal at darts.

I saw this somewhere on here before lads. I used it in Universal Studios when I was over there.

It was ****ing fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V-yphI7JPk

• Advertisement

^ God bless America.

big game of darts down in the local tonight.semi final of the cup,501 double start..:p
    going down now for a few pints and throwing a bit of darts..
    Wish me luck..:)

p.s Will be back later for the basketbal tonight.

just back now,had a few pints to settle the nerves.
    we were down 8-4 and won 12-10,first to 10 but you had to win by 2..
    finals next month 1800 for the winning team and a lovely trophy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

searchin around for info on the basketball tonight and found this! http://www.online-betting-guide.co.uk/blogs/blog_post.php?t=deco121&id=116961 could be worth a few bob, put a small bit on at 17/10 on bet365. have plenty of stuff to do tonight and had to make a bet just to have somethin to keep me entertained!

San Antonio Spurs vs Minnesota Timber wolves went for under 207.5 pts with ladbrokes.
    I really feel this is a great bet, they played last Sunday and only got 185 pts.

San Antonio Spurs vs Minnesota Timber wolves went for under 207.5 pts with ladbrokes.
    I really feel this is a great bet, they played last Sunday and only got 185 pts.

just took that in running @ 215.5, seems like a good bet given that hitting 215 is not easy!

116 Pts in the first half:(

• Advertisement

164 Pts after the 3rd, cant watch the last quarter.

just wanted to go through the cards there and oddschecker is down,feck that anyway,thats going to slow down the process dramatically...:o

My heart my poor heart, total 203pts, its a winner baby:D

nice 1. got nervous meself in the 3rd even though i had under 215.5! nice win :)

Up nearly 7 buy-ins at poker today, gonna quit now and take a few days off, ala go on the piss:p

• Advertisement

what do you play,,,sngs..?
    what buyins..
    i myself play 30s and 50s buyin with top 3 out of 6 get paid(double up)..

havent played in 2 months though as i dont have the time,hopefully when i get back to collage il find some..:p

i have a bank of 2000 for this,would you think this is sufficient enough for these buyins,
    thanks

You have 40 buyins which is good but i always have 50 buyins at least before i play.
    I only play cash 200nl at the moment, i just grind it for the rakeback which works out at to a nice monthly income even though most of the time i loose playing poker over 100,000 hands.
    Basically every month i get my rakeback on the 1st and my rake race money gets payed on the 15th. Every month i put a few hundred of that into my sports betting account, thats why you will always see me betting at the start of the month:D.

Went to bed at 2.00am and cant sleep:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

what do you play,,,sngs..?
    what buyins..
    i myself play 30s and 50s buyin with top 3 out of 6 get paid(double up)..

i have a bank of 2000 for this,would you think this is sufficient enough for
    tbh, I think your Br is too small be play $50 tables. Variance can be huge, 10 tourney is 10% of you total roll, which is a lot.

If I was you i'd stick with $20-30 BIs
    I only play cash 200nl at the moment, i just grind it for the rakeback which works out at to a nice monthly income even though most of the time i loose playing poker over 100,000 hands.
    Basically every month i get my rakeback on the 1st and my rake race money gets payed on the 15th. Every month i put a few hundred of that into my sports betting account, thats why you will always see me betting at the start of the month:D.

What sort of hands are you clearing a month?
    ite? RB?

Do you post on any poker forums (seeing as boards doesn't have one anymore :D), sorry for all the questions, juist a bit bored in work at the mo.

can i ask which site you would recommend for me as a double ups player,6 player,and only 2 tabling,30 and 50 buy ins,will you take into consideration,quality of players,rake back and any other aspect you may think is needed,have so many accounts but dont know which one i want to go playing in again,have been to busy to play the last 2 months

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,657 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

can i ask which site you would recommend for me as a double ups player,6 player,and only 2 tabling,30 and 50 buy ins,will you take into consideration,quality of players,rake back and any other aspect you may think is needed,have so many accounts but dont know which one i want to go playing in again,have been to busy to play the last 2 months

Stars has the best game selection, but no RB (there is good bonuses though)
    FT has good RB deals
    ipoker has the worst players, but less games

Any of those is fine, i'd go with stars

I wouldn't play $50s, you don't have enough imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭fkiely

Working hungover is no fun...

Mark King just played his worst shot in 20 years to concede the first frame,ffs...:rolleyes:

obviously an error but is any body else seeing 109 viewers in the log/challanges section right now..:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement