Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

**** COMPUTER DIDN'T SAVE MY COMMENT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭noelpat

RoverJames wrote: »
    Indeed, some of the decisions are looney by board.ie mods, a quick look a the dispute board shows that, most of the appealed ones get the ban time chopped in half.

Very true, dr.bollocks if you ask me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

* craics open can*

whats happening lads? Looking forward to Galway next week its drink drink women hookers and poker:D

Won't be paying too much attention to Galway to be honest, not my cup of tea at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,778 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

whats happening lads? Looking forward to Galway next week its drink drink women hookers and poker:D

Same as any other week in Galway so (except for extra hookers).

Same as any other week in Galway so (except for extra hookers).

Oh no i save my money for the hookers on race week, i like to indulge on race week:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.totegoracingclub.ie/Content/club/tgrclub.aspx

Any of yous have one of these cards? Fairly handy things tbh, although I haven't got a chance to use mine yet nor will I unless Leopardstown or the Curragh are on it for August.:D

They sent me one ages ago but never got any emails or anything since.
    Had actually forgot I have it till I seen your post. Must give em a shout.

I never get any emails, I just keep an eye out on the Events page to see where is on. Curragh is free in on the first Sunday of August but most likely I'll be working.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

RoverJames wrote: »
    Won't be paying too much attention to Galway to be honest, not my cup of tea at all.

I will be! Absolutely cleaned up there last year and intend to do so again this year. :pac: A 150/1 (BF) winner did help though.

x PyRo wrote: »
    I will be! Absolutely cleaned up there last year and intend to do so again this year. :pac: A 150/1 (BF) winner did help though.

*Note to self, keep track of Pyros thread from Monday religiously*

I'm sure to lose this year though. :'(

/reverse-jinx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

http://www.totegoracingclub.ie/Content/club/tgrclub.aspx

Any of yous have one of these cards? Fairly handy things tbh, although I haven't got a chance to use mine yet nor will I unless Leopardstown or the Curragh are on it for August.:D

I've got one yeah, great for the free entry now and then.
    Also you can get 2 tickets for the price of one for Galway on the Wednesday, Plate day.

ft9 wrote: »
    I've got one yeah, great for the free entry now and then.
    Also you can get 2 tickets for the price of one for Galway on the Wednesday, Plate day.

Have you used it before? They sent me out two of the same, same ID number and name on it, could I use one and a mate use one or do they scan in the ID number or something?

I got 2 myself, not sure if you'd pull off 2 of ye using them.

Yeah i have used it a few times, they do swipe them alright

Resting the liver before the Galway races:cool:

Im total opposite Jonjo, I'm gonna warm up me liver the weekend to be ready for Galway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Oh no i save my money for the hookers on race week, i like to indulge on race week:D
    Resting my dick before the Galway races:cool:

:eek:

Bored.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Bored.

Go get a kebab:pac:

Now im banned from the politics forum because i was talking about the bombings in Oslo, this place is turning into a left wing dictatorship.

Take it to the Dispute Resolution section JJ. We don't want to be getting in trouble here!

Sorry PyRo:o

No problem dude, it's just that discussing bans in other forums could lead to bother. We don't want that. :pac:

PyRo you going to the Galway races?

I'd say so, hopefully anyways. I've to attend something on Tuesday night and it'll involve a significant amount of pints, so I'll have to see how the head is on Wednesday. Will probably head up on Thursday, then back home Friday for another do that evening.

It's a tough life. :pac:

Going drinking all next week, will go out to the track Wed and maybe Fri, its going to be lunacy:D

Suppose the meet up is ****ed so.

• Advertisement

Are you still going urbansea?

Too many people would only go if Cat Stevens was there, unfortunately.

That video is terrible, and why are you posting it all over the forum? You've already posted it in horse racing betting, Galway city, and now here.

I bet you don't work for PaddyPower?

You posted it in a thread over in Galway City titled NON Racing tips 2011, and you posted it in that thread twice.

Hardly that stuck for business Paddy? Maybe give decent prices rather than post up this muck all over forums

Arly25 wrote: »
    Jeez conspiracy theorist much! I ll refrain from contributing so!! thought ppl liked tips, I did get one for the plate but ill just keep it to myself! ;p

Please do keep it to yourself, cheers!

Ha now I look like I was talking to myself with all those posts deleted, or was I???

• Advertisement

Its ok ft9. The drugs will wear off soon :-P

Are they my feet?

:confused:Okay ft9 perhaps you should lay off the gambling for a while.

Haha don't worry 9 I saw it.

I'd like to thank all of the Weld backers in advance for pushing out the price of horses I fancy this week for any bets I do at Galway

• Advertisement

I thought there was nothing worse than being woke by a vibrating phone, until today, a vibrating phone with a message off two of my mates saying that it was mentioned at Sunday mass that one of my best mates was rushed to hospital yesterday with what they think is meningitis! Turns out it was all true and he's in a drug induced coma! :(

Hope he's alright Gav

Haha sickened on this fella right.

There's a group of lads who go around town they would have been in my year. I get along alright with them but wouldn't hang out with them.
    They're not skangers but go around like they own the place.

So I have a friend a few years older and he's a quiet enough fella but is a skitzo I wouldn't want to get into a fight with him.

So my friend was out with me last night and one of those lads hit him.
    Someone told him who he was then and he came up petrified two minutes later being all like
    ''Man sorry I didn't know who ya were sorry man shake my hand man sorry''

Haha he wouldn't shake his hand and he told him when he sees him sober he's going to kick the ****e of him.
    Your man is scared ****eless now. Good enough for him going around hitting people for no reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I really really really really don't like Wexford footballers :mad: cost me big this weekend.. gonna be lucky to break even now :(

Had you them in a single?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Had you them in a single?

big acculator across all the football and hurling games.. had waterford+3 and all... only a euro bet but on for a bout 14 euro return to basically double my entire paddy power account :p I could have been rich but no...

to make it worse it's the second time Wexford footballers let me down badly in an accumulator... 2 years ago I think it was had a €5 down on them to win in a 10 game accumaltor.. all other 9 teams win but Wexford threw it away in the last few minutes.... could have been on for 80-90 euro return but no...

never betting on them again :p they just seem to loose anytime I try to have faith in them

I rarely bet on them because there one of those teams that could do really well or play poorly.. it's so hard to judge them... I just never seem to be surprised they either won a game or that they loose... just can't judge them at all...

Can anyone recommend a good mini fridge for chilling beer cans.

Our main fridge does'nt seem to get them cold enough l like cans of beer very cold.

I was thinking of something like this

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-60-00BG50&pages=1&prod=00BG50&brands=UNIVERSAL&image=

but not sure if there any good.

look at the price of this one :eek:
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-60-18WA40&pages=1&prod=18WA40&brands=SIEMENS&image=

Getting all ready for Galway, starting off my drinking binge early tomorrow afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

robbie1977 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good mini fridge for chilling beer cans.

Our main fridge does'nt seem to get them cold enough l like cans of beer very cold.

I was thinking of something like this

http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-60-00BG50&pages=1&prod=00BG50&brands=UNIVERSAL&image=

but not sure if there any good.

look at the price of this one :eek:
    http://www.powercity.ie/?par=40-60-18WA40&pages=1&prod=18WA40&brands=SIEMENS&image=

I have this one, but obviously it's not for everyone :pac:
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/9249240/Trail/searchtext%3EMINI+FRIDGE.htm

Derek! wrote: »

Is it good at getting the cans very cold derek?

That looks like what l need and its half price too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement