Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Shels match is given the green light for tonight! A win and we're promoted!

Please God may there be tears of joy tonight!

You've to buy me a pint Gav if ye win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Just eating my tae now, chicken dippers chips and few slices of bread.

• Advertisement

Hope you're making a sandwich with lashings of butter and red sauce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Geaser11

Has anyone tried the @10to1k Challenge on Twitter? Start with a tenner and keep betting the winnings until you reach 1000. Some people doing some very interesting bets! Highest anyone has got so far is £133 tho- looks tough

Never used Twitter,it seems a bit ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Ok here goes.

1) yes they were the only bets I had today.
    2) I really like my job and gambling full time is a very lonely profession and I need a release and routine that a job provides.
    3) won't piss anyone off by simply saying the horses I backed. ( not after we are on) share the love and all that. ) all about bashing the books. Hope that answers your questions.

Ps if people prefer I didnt post that's no problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Isotonic wrote: »

Thanks for reply and no you have livened up the forum.

And keep the tips coming :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

I don't think anyone would prefer that and I certainly wouldn't. I'm sure you've got plenty to offer and if you've time to start a log at some stage then it'd be great.

The only reason for the on-thread warning in the After-timing thread was to stop the vicious circle of people asking questions over and over again because of the stake sizes making you stand out in comparison to the majority.

Best of luck and hopefully you'll have plenty of success to come. Beating the layers (or backers if you're laying!) is something we all love to see. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Fursttimer

1) yes they were the only bets I had today

:pac: I'd doubt it.

Against all odds I made it into college today

*Stretches Hands* Just got up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

*Stretches Hands* Just got it up.

fyp.

Shels match is given the green light for tonight! A win and we're promoted!

Please God may there be tears of joy tonight!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Surprisingly Tolka didn't flood with the tears last night! Feckin' amazing!
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    Against all odds I made it into college today

:D Just a heads up Pyro, Urban was declaring love for you last night and everything.:D

How come im never inviting to these piss ups:(

How come im never inviting to these piss ups:(

Well I was in Tolka and he was in DCU, the mad fecker was walking home so I told him I'd pick him up in the taxi I was in. Then we went for a romantic pizza.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Derek!

Absolutely **** day of gamblin today, every bet lost despite all the research :mad:
    No doubt the other part of my double will come in with Real winnin already.
    Gamblin can be an awful bitch :P

Well I was in Tolka and he was in DCU, the mad fecker was walking home so I told him I'd pick him up in the taxi I was in. Then we went for a romantic pizza.

Was planning on walking home.

• Advertisement

Tell me about it Dereck, had been on a bad run for months, luck finally changing but only have a few bets a month now.

Was planning on walking home.

You'd probably still be walking.:D

Haven't had a pint in 9 days:eek:
    Time for a 4-5 day drinking binge.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

Does anybody know any good horse racing forums?I was looking at gg but it's a bit mad over there :rolleyes:

I'm yet to come across a really decent one.

TheRacingForum.co.uk is surprisingly disappointing,but not bad

I wonder what forum Coughlan hangs out on these days.

You did the research very quickly there US.

Have you 'inside' information?

I write to him the odd time.....xoxox

• Advertisement

Does anybody know any good horse racing forums?I was looking at gg but it's a bit mad over there :rolleyes:

OLBG isnt too bad. Few comps and stuff but I got bored after a while cos its not very mobile friendly but it should be ok from a computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭luis suarez

LOL i won't even ask how you found that site.

Tell me about it Dereck, had been on a bad run for months, luck finally changing but only have a few bets a month now.
    I'm thinkin about doin that myself for a while, no point bettin when I keep losin anyway.
    They say research is important but it does **** all for me :(
    1 or 2 bets at the weekend for a while I think and more research :rolleyes:

D, one word: Singles.

Do them.

Good advice, with the football I keep gettin tempted into doubles and more.
    It's an awful bad habit that I find hard to break

I know the odds seem a bit "meh" when doing singles on the football but adding on more and more selections is a recipe for disaster. It's tough enough to show a profit betting on singles, anything more is just plain crazy.

I've learnt from experience - hence why I don't even bother with football betting any more. It's just more hassle that it's worth. Although I've the horses to fall back on and making a sizeable profit on that every flat season keeps me contented. If I didn't I'd probably still attempt to hit the holy grail accumulators with football selections. :pac:

• Advertisement

x PyRo wrote: »
    I know the odds seem a bit "meh" when doing singles on the football but adding on more and more selections is a recipe for disaster. It's tough enough to show a profit betting on singles, anything more is just plain crazy.

I've learnt from experience - hence why I don't even bother with football betting any more. It's just more hassle that it's worth. Although I've the horses to fall back on and making a sizeable profit on that every flat season keeps me contented. If I didn't I'd probably still attempt to hit the holy grail accumulators with football selections. :pac:
    Sorry man just seen this now, i'll defo try singles for a while though.
    It's common sense when you think about it but so many people dont do it.

As for the horses I do love to watch the racin but apart from your tips I rarely win anything.
    2 years ago I done great on the horses on bet365 for a while just by pickin from that little bit of info they give you and lookin at the numbers :p
    That was just pure luck though and it doesn't work anymore

Waiting around for a maths tutorial at six. If I knew the maths was going to be this hard I wouldn't have done the course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Waiting around for a maths tutorial at six. If I knew the maths was going to be this hard I wouldn't have done the course.

What course is it dude?

Business Economics and Social Studies

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

x PyRo wrote: »
    D, one word: Singles.

Do them.

Strong this. A double maybe. A triple RARELY. Anything more than that and you may as well be doing a hand stand against a wall and pissing on your own face.

I rarely bet on football anymore (I used to bet on it almost exclusively) and when I do it's usually just singles and the occasional double (OK I do the very rare mad accumulator for like .50c when I'm watching Geoff Stelling and the men if I'm not busy on a Saturday :D).

People's downfall with soccer is that they really like one game but then they're like "mmmmmm I'll add in this team and... oohh nice rise in returns.. and that team... ohhhhh nice... and.." etc. Then comes the "XXXX ARE SOME IDIOTS, THERE'S ALWAYS ONE TEAM - NEVER BETTING ON LIVERPOOL/ARSENAL/XXXX AGAIN!!! W4NKERS!!". And then they hit up that same team again the next weekend. Find a game you really like and are confident with and put your money on that, forget about all the other malarky. If you studied different teams and even obscure ones you'd find much better value than a premiership accumulator with a few Spanish and Italian teams thrown into the mix just because.

• Advertisement

What type of maths is it man? If anything there's one course I've been great at in my 3 years so far in college and that's maths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

jive wrote: »
    Strong this. A double maybe. A triple RARELY. Anything more than that and you may as well be doing a hand stand against a wall and pissing on your own face.

I rarely bet on football anymore (I used to bet on it almost exclusively) and when I do it's usually just singles and the occasional double (OK I do the very rare mad accumulator for like .50c when I'm watching Geoff Stelling and the men if I'm not busy on a Saturday :D).

People's downfall with soccer is that they really like one game but then they're like "mmmmmm I'll add in this team and... oohh nice rise in returns.. and that team... ohhhhh nice... and.." etc. Then comes the "XXXX ARE SOME IDIOTS, THERE'S ALWAYS ONE TEAM - NEVER BETTING ON LIVERPOOL/ARSENAL/XXXX AGAIN!!! W4NKERS!!". And then they hit up that same team again the next weekend. Find a game you really like and are confident with and put your money on that, forget about all the other malarky. If you studied different teams and even obscure ones you'd find much better value than a premiership accumulator with a few Spanish and Italian teams thrown into the mix just because.

Thats my weekends summed up right there! Its great though, I love the bitchin and moaning about never backing Liverpool again, makes the pub of a Saturday night great crack too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

What type of maths is it man? If anything there's one course I've been great at in my 3 years so far in college and that's maths.

Same as, thats why I asked what course it was....

I dunno really,it's maths for business and economics the book.

**** like matrices was hard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Ok here goes.

1) yes they were the only bets I had today.
    2) I really like my job and gambling full time is a very lonely profession and I need a release and routine that a job provides.
    3) won't piss anyone off by simply saying the horses I backed. ( not after we are on) share the love and all that. ) all about bashing the books. Hope that answers your questions.

Have you been posting tips here? Seems like i missed out i will look closely in future you seem to be doing quite well. Best of luck hopefully il get some Christmas money from following you.

Jive described my bad habits perfectly, especially the part about cursin certain teams :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Any one know anything about this international rules in da morning? Australia +3 at 4/5 pp looks the bet considering Boyles have both teams at 10/11 for the win. Had a quick look at the Irish team and wouldnt be inspired to put anything on them tbh. Maybe im wrong, thoughts anyone?

Listen to Styles P's verse it's class

Any one know anything about this international rules in da morning? Australia +3 at 4/5 pp looks the bet considering Boyles have both teams at 10/11 for the win. Had a quick look at the Irish team and wouldnt be inspired to put anything on them tbh. Maybe im wrong, thoughts anyone?

I think we have a stronger team tbh.

I watch the Aussie Rules myself and none of the big guns are there, mainly young lads they feel are good runners, accurate kickers and mobile.

The squad last year was MUCH stronger.

This year there are no Collingwood players, who finished 1st in the ladder before losing to Geelong.
    Geelong have just two players Defender/Midfielder.

Carlton, Hawthorn and West Coast make up the other strong clubs and none of their decent players are playing.

I'd lump on Ireland tbh, we may be missing some of our better players as well, but the Aussies have none of their marquee players to give a beating like last years series.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I think we have a stronger team tbh.

I watch the Aussie Rules myself and none of the big guns are there, mainly young lads they feel are good runners, accurate kickers and mobile.

The squad last year was MUCH stronger.

This year there are no Collingwood players, who finished 1st in the ladder before losing to Geelong.
    Geelong have just two players Defender/Midfielder.

Carlton, Hawthorn and West Coast make up the other strong clubs and none of their decent players are playing.

I'd lump on Ireland tbh, we may be missing some of our better players as well, but the Aussies have none of their marquee players to give a beating like last years series.

Yeah got off my a**e and actually read a few reviews about it and im going for Ireland. Cheers for that report man, it helped.

• Advertisement
Advertisement