Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Gambling Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭Isotonic

Great result for Connacht tonight. Was absolutely thrilled for them. (Monetary gain enhanced this!). Tackled themselves to a standstill and i lost count of the amount of time they drove Quins backwards. 1.23 lay and 10/11 cap both come in. Good start to the weekend. Lets hope it continues. Well done to those who made a few quid :)

Go on so!

tell us what damage ya did the last 2 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Isotonic wrote: »
    Go on so!

tell us what damage ya did the last 2 days!

Seen the tip cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Huntey

Iso you are a fúcking tank. Machine.

Huntey wrote: »
    Iso you are a fúcking tank. Machine.

I presume thats a good thing lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭johnny_cash

Not looking foward to the morning I had words with her father tonight, only she stopped me he was getting it.He tried to get smart about me leaving her home at half 7 one morning like I was treating her like a slut.He was the one making her sound like a slut saying it in front of everybody.He tries to get her to go home with him then and she stayed drinking with me but she wouldnt come home with me because he made her feel real bad.I wouldnt mind but for the first time in my life I actually really care about a girl and its my birthday tomorrow anbd im really drunk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Having my worst day racing ever.
    Should have known what was coming when my first two horses both fell at the last when winning :-(

Just doing my accounts. Definately worst day in the eight years Ive been keeping records and from memory I think worst day in 30 years.
    Twelve bets and not one even placed :-(
    Made a few bob on Connaught alright (missed Isotonics tip again cos I was drowning my sorrows but backed them for patriotic reasons) but Im not really counting that as the horses are my usual game.
    Had a few bets on the Humana yesterday but not even going to check the scores till it finishes and hope Ill get a surprise.

Im just home from the pub :D I had a few drinks too many the barmaid came out for a few drinks with me when she finished working.Her father the bàstard tried to get her to go home with him instead of staying with me :mad: She's fcuking 19 ya stupid cnut she can make up her own mind.I knew i wasn't going to get the ride tonight anyway she told me she was going home early so she only had 4 drinks.I wouldn't mind only she dont even talk to him he's a fcuking bigger alcoholic than i am.Anyway it's my birthday tomorrow so im going to be drunker tomorrow if iots possible and she wont be going home early tomorrow:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Leeg17 wrote: »
    NEVER DOUBT THE ISOTONIC! :p

I never doubted him at all, I follow his tips religously, just had money tied up elsewhere at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Happy birthday Johnny,give her one for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

ft9 wrote: »
    I never doubted him at all, I follow his tips religously, just had money tied up elsewhere at the time.

I know yea, it was a joke :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Time for a late night feed of chicken and bacon pies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Time for a late night feed of chicken and bacon pies.

More like a breakfast of chicken and bacon pies Jonjo

Thursday night I was in bed and was absolutely starving so went down to the chipper at about half twelve, got a 12 inch pizza and a kebab meal

It's unnatural how sick I felt yesterday. I felt like puking all day,it was as if I'd a hangover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Thursday night I was in bed and was absolutely starving so went down to the chipper at about half twelve, got a 12 inch pizza and a kebab meal

It's unnatural how sick I felt yesterday. I felt like puking all day,it was as if I'd a hangover

that could be your bodies way of telling you, don't ever pull that stunt again without giving me copious amounts of alcohol.

• Advertisement

Aw I bet it was

UrbanSea wrote: »
    ........ got a 12 inch pizza and a kebab meal

Impressive that you put that away, more so when it was a midnight feed as opposed to an actual meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

anyone watching this african nations cup, guinea got off flying start and where on top and went 2-0 up big price still at 1-0 up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I'd say we're due a check-in from JohnnyCash shortly:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

Im just home from the pub :D I had a few drinks too many the barmaid came out for a few drinks with me when she finished working.Her father the bàstard tried to get her to go home with him instead of staying with me :mad: She's fcuking 19 ya stupid cnut she can make up her own mind.I knew i wasn't going to get the ride tonight anyway she told me she was going home early so she only had 4 drinks.I wouldn't mind only she dont even talk to him he's a fcuking bigger alcoholic than i am.Anyway it's my birthday tomorrow im 50 going to be drunker tomorrow if iots possible and she wont be going home early tomorrow:D
    I'd say we're due a check-in from JohnnyCash shortly:p

He's out for his birthday bash. 50 :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Gav said he knew the black lad (one that was third last on) :p

He's some man for having the balls to go on and take the piss!

He's some man for having the balls to go on and take the piss!

Oh, 100% agree!

Afternoon all. Have been looking at the Biarritz Ospreys game since yesterday and the more i do the more i think THe Home side will cover the 6 point cap. I will be having a decent bet as a result. Biarritz know that a bonus point win should be enough to see them through to the next round and in my opinion they will leave behind their recent gameplan of keeping it tight and throw the ball around to day and undoubtedly they have the backs to capitalise.
    Good luck if you follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Mthor5

Spot on as usual,much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Unreal thanks iso

Edinburgh -7 V London Irish. Have opposed Irish the last 4 times they have played either on the cap or outright and will do so again today. Pro 12 teams are a cut above the Premiership and hopefully thos will play out again today. (Ps Irish have nothing to play for too)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭manafana

Quick no time for write up. Edinburgh -7 V London Irish.

keep up good work, hope your wrong on this one meant stake 3.50 On +8 irish but did 35 by accident so hoping irish can pull it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Edinburgh -7 V London Irish. Have opposed Irish the last 4 times they have played either on the cap or outright and will do so again today. Pro 12 teams are a cut above the Premiership and hopefully thos will play out again today. (Ps Irish have nothing to play for too)

Excellent :D, thanks

Not a bad day on the rugby front . Biarittz dominated at home as did Edinburgh bar one scare in the second half. Made a nice few quid. Well done those who made few yo yo's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭evosteo

cheers iso :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

missed your 2 bets today Iso, thankfully managed to get something outa Treviso +10 but great calls on Biarritz and Edinburgh to beat the handicaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fair play Iso. Really must get an online account set up again.

Lads Ebay or adverts for selling stuff? Moving house in the summer so want to get rid of junk :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,251 ✭✭✭Juwwi

How did the lad in last man standing do I did'nt see who he went for in the end?

robbie1977 wrote: »
    How did the lad in last man standing do I did'nt see who he went for in the end?

Got knocked out Robbie, I chose Stoke, pack of wasters

Was really down to them and Sunderland and with Swansea's great defense I feared Sunderland might not score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

eh i dunno wrote: »

Lads Ebay or adverts for selling stuff? Moving house in the summer so want to get rid of junk :D

Better not use that description whichever site you use :-o

Well i'm fcuking dying :( Roll on 9'0clock im going on the beer for the day :D

Some man for one man

Try Adverts I'd say

Eh, I dunno. (:pac:)

Seriously though, I'd say adverts, though you'll probably get alot of chancers offering €10 for a €100 item.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Very strange thing happened me at supervalu today

I parked in an area I thought was grand, not handicap parking sign anywhere and this man comes over and tells me, "I shouldnt park there" and I said "oh im not parking in a handicap zone" he keeps saying "I shouldnt park there" and finally he tells me that is for "parents and children only" I said "oh sorry ill move away" not a word from ya man saying thanks or anything

That may sound okay but the way he said it to me was really unpleasant and he was really a pig

He went into supervalu and I parked my car in a different area which I had no problem in the 1st place doing because I was wrong and there was plenty and plenty spaces free to park

If that asshole said it to me nicely I wouldnt have a problem what so ever

So I went into Supervalu and I meet the asshole again and I told him "I hope your happy where I parked now" Oh I know well I shouldve of but I just couldnt let it go but if someone acts like a douche to me, ill give it back 10 fold. So he stared at me and I ****ing stared backed and walked away to do my shopping

Next thing I know at the shampoo section the gentlemen in question comes after me and asked do i have a problem. I said ya I do, with your attitude. He said " ill get the manager of the store involved and get you banned from here" "I said go ahead". He said "have respect for people", I said "next time have some manners, I had no trouble moving but I didnt see the sign"

"Do you want to take this outside" he said, I was very bemused that he wants to fight me over something so so trivial. He probably wanted to seem the bigger man and knew well that I wouldnt except. I replied, "no im not going to fight you over parking"

Next thing I know he goes over to the near by manager and complains about me. I walked over and got the end bit of it, went somthing like "he parked in a parents and children section". The gentlemen walked away to the check out. I told the manger that" I had no problem moving the car but didnt want to be spoken to like I was". Manager said "fine" and I told him that fella must have some stick up his arse" manager agreed

Sad to see a 40yr old acting like that tbh

Sure it's not illegal to park there HS, it's simply priority parking for parents.

I park there all the time, screw the haters! I look 16 though to be fair :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone know any one who has done au pair in America?

Had a nice paella today

The program about Colm Murray's struggle with MND is on now, frightening. Wonderful chap Colm seems, I loved his commentary on the racing.

RoverJames wrote: »
    The program about Colm Murray's struggle with MND is on now, frightening. Wonderful chap Colm seems, I loved his commentary on the racing.

Watched it myself. Pretty sad stuff. Wish him all the best and hopefully a cure is found. Think everyone should watch it and it might stop people moaning over nothing

• Advertisement

Lads roughly what % of 1/10 shots win?? Surely its up around 80-90% is it?

should be 90%

Dunno, but you can be sure 'tis closer to 80% than 90% :)

Anyone heading to Leopardstown Saturday

.... would love to be.

• Advertisement
Advertisement