Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

.avi to dvd and burning issue (+ adding a menu)

• 26-07-2010 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi.

I have an 8.5GB video file in .avi format. I have imported it onto my computer from a digital camera.

I have used DVDVideoSoft's "Free Video to DVD Converter" to convert it to dvd format. After conversion 2 folders were created: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. There is nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder. I went into the VIDEO_TS folder and opened up and ran one of the many .vob files in windows media player. The video ran perfectly - no problems whatsoever.

I used DVDVideoSoft's "Free DVD Video Burner" to burn the above folders (and their contents) to a dvd disc. However, after finishing the burning and running the video from the DVD, the sound is perfect, but the video sort of distorts when the image is moving. I am wondering if anyone can tell me why this is and how can i sort this?

Also, i wish to create a very very very simple menu so that when you insert the DVD into your DVD player, a menu appears just showing a picture of the video so that the viewer has to click on the video picture to run the video. I have done this before but cannot for the life of me remeber how. If anyone could advise on this, please do - thanks, in advance, for all your help.

Thanks again.

DJT.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

djt0607 wrote: »
    Hi.

I have an 8.5GB video file in .avi format. I have imported it onto my computer from a digital camera.

I have used DVDVideoSoft's "Free Video to DVD Converter" to convert it to dvd format. After conversion 2 folders were created: AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS. There is nothing in the AUDIO_TS folder. I went into the VIDEO_TS folder and opened up and ran one of the many .vob files in windows media player. The video ran perfectly - no problems whatsoever.

I used DVDVideoSoft's "Free DVD Video Burner" to burn the above folders (and their contents) to a dvd disc. However, after finishing the burning and running the video from the DVD, the sound is perfect, but the video sort of distorts when the image is moving. I am wondering if anyone can tell me why this is and how can i sort this?

Also, i wish to create a very very very simple menu so that when you insert the DVD into your DVD player, a menu appears just showing a picture of the video so that the viewer has to click on the video picture to run the video. I have done this before but cannot for the life of me remeber how. If anyone could advise on this, please do - thanks, in advance, for all your help.

Thanks again.

DJT.
    Cheap media (DVDRs) can cause pixelation and image corruption, thats due to the dvd players laser not being able to read all the disk so it skips pieces, if the .vobs play fine on the pc its probably a media related issiue, if the dvd players old it just may not like burnt discs, as for a simple menu the freeware DVDFlick should do that, its normal for AUDIO_TS folder to be empty btw, afaik that is reserved soley for music DVDRs although may be wrong on that

Nick

Advertisement