Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blurred Motion in Toy Story 3 (with 3D glasses on) !!!

Options
  • 26-07-2010 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,
    I saw Toy Story 3 (in 3D) in UCI Blanchardstown on Saturday evening. Throughout the whole movie any scene where there was movement caused a blurring/shimmering effect around the moving object and I found it very difficult to watch. My girlfriend had the same problem and she watched it without the 3d glasses on, as it was so bad! She had previously seen it in another cinema and there were no such problems. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Is it maybe a problem with the glasses (provided by cinema, new out of the packet) or a problem with the projection? I did see Shrek 3d on the same screen with no problems so whats going on???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Ah the 3D is pretty useless really unless the film is actually photo-filmed in 3D then its going to be pretty useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Did you not complain about it?

Was everyone else in the cinema seeing the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 skimonkey

No.. At the beginning I hoped it would get better, but it didn't. I will make a complaint to them this week and see what they say.
    The couple to my girlfriends left were taking off and putting on their glasses so maybe they were having the same problem or maybe they were just checking out the difference without the glasses on. Another couple did leave after about 10 minutes but apart from that no-one else seemed to be bothered as far as I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

skimonkey wrote: »
    No.. At the beginning I hoped it would get better, but it didn't. I will make a complaint to them this week and see what they say.
    The couple to my girlfriends left were taking off and putting on their glasses so maybe they were having the same problem or maybe they were just checking out the difference without the glasses on. Another couple did leave after about 10 minutes but apart from that no-one else seemed to be bothered as far as I could tell.

Had a similar problem with 'Monsters vs Aliens'. The 3D with the glasses was all fuzzy and gave me a headache. 30mins before the end of the movie a fella behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "Turn the glasses upside down", this worked perfectly.

We went to the manager and got our money back, no one else seemed to complain though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭celticbest

I saw it in Movies@Swords on Monday night and had the same problem.

This was the first time I bothered watching a movie in 3D, I thought 3D was supposed to come out of the screen but it never seemed to do this, I was really disappointed, I also found the movie to be quiet dark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'll just mention these things -

In 3D films, when objects move quickly, our eyes/3D can't keep up and so until that object slows down, it's blurry. It happened in AVATAR as well, during the action scenes. It's a fault of the current 3D technology. But that would be limited to running/rolling, not gesturing.....

Also, beware of "knock-off" 3D, where studio companies use half-assed post-production 3D, where it looks like it's just separated 2D images (like a diorama) rather than 'proper' Cameron 3D. Examples include "Clash of the Titans", "Alice in Wonderland",

AVATAR used the Fusion Camera System, but I'm surprised to hear Toy Story 3D isn't great, since it uses the same 3D tech (Disney Digital 3D) as UP, which looked great in 3D.

It's also possible that some muppet behind the projector in the cinema doesn't have it set up correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Went to see it in 2D in blanch (hate 3D) and it was out of focus and blurred. Crappy blanch not crappy movie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

celticbest wrote: »
    I saw it in Movies@Swords on Monday night and had the same problem.

This was the first time I bothered watching a movie in 3D, I thought 3D was supposed to come out of the screen but it never seemed to do this, I was really disappointed, I also found the movie to be quiet dark.

I prefer when movies do NOT do that, instead using the 3D to add depth to the movie.

The glasses always make the movie darker

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

The sooner the better they fook off with all this 3D shíte. It's a good novelty for visually spectacular films but when studios feel a Jackass film needs to be made in 3D they are really talking the piss and bringing this fad too far.

Advertisement