Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 26-07-2010 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi All,

I am moving to dublin to begin working in st james' hospital. Haven't a clue about where to look for accomodation? or what to expect in rent. What areas wud be best to search.....and are not rough and along the luas line? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to see a place in drimnagh, double ensuite- 495 a month ?? is this reasonable??

Thanks

K.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Hi All,

I am moving to dublin to begin working in st james' hospital. Haven't a clue about where to look for accomodation? or what to expect in rent. What areas wud be best to search.....and are not rough and along the luas line? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Going to see a place in drimnagh, double ensuite- 495 a month ?? is this reasonable??

Thanks

K.

thats reasonable you could also try rialto which is just a short walk to james st or goldenbridge is also a nice area

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Blackjack

edellc wrote: »
    thats reasonable you could also try rialto which is just a short walk to james st or goldenbridge is also a nice area

Kilmainham too, all are close to James Hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭conorhal

There are a good few appartment complexes about the area, Bridgewater Quay and various appartment blocks along Coynningham Rd near Hueston, Herberton Appartments near Rialto spring to mind and there are loads around Inchicore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Just a general tip: when going to view an place, try and do it at dusk or when it's dark. What can look lovely and welcoming in daylight may not necessarily be a well lit or safe entrance at night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just a general tip: when going to view an place, try and do it at dusk or when it's dark. What can look lovely and welcoming in daylight may not necessarily be a well lit or safe entrance at night.

Big time.
    Good comment HardyEustace......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 catbro3

i work in james aswell and live in terenure but i cycle. harolds cross is nice but not on luas line, i lived in landsdowne gate and paid €400 for a double ensuite. so maybe 495 is a bit expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

catbro3 wrote: »
    i work in james aswell and live in terenure but i cycle. harolds cross is nice but not on luas line, i lived in landsdowne gate and paid €400 for a double ensuite. so maybe 495 is a bit expensive.
    Agree with that.

You should be able to get a place relatively close to St. James for about €400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

make sure you look at it in day time too i viewed my place at night and when i paid deposit and seen it in the cold light of day OMG so be warned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 brainoc23

brown_eyes88 we have a double room available in a 2 bed house right beside Jame's hospital if your interested.

Advertisement