Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UT3

Options
  • 26-07-2010 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Reinstalled this the other day and it's great fun, don't know why it was never popular

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

it tried to trump UT2004

which is impossible

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'll take UT99 any day. Still a lot of people playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

best one is UT99 imo.
    so many mods, so much fun :D never get tired of playing it

UT2004 was great as well, but i don't think it compares to UT99, except for the vehicles.

UT3 on the other hand, didn't really introduce anything new. campaign was short, and the AI wasn't as good as the earlier releases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 login1

whiteman19 wrote: »
    campaign was short, and the AI wasn't as good as the earlier releases.

but it's a multiplayer the other stuff doesn't matter :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

but if you have crap internet (like me :() which is no good for multiplayer, you need good AI for Instant Action. it's got crap AI even on Godlike. on UT99 and 2004, i play Masterful and i might win 1 game in 5 and even then it's close.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

UT3 is decent but it just isnt as good as 2k4. again, they tried to design for consoles which n00bed up the gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I have it around here somewhere...I remember it did flop quite badly cause it had dropped down to a ridiculous price in GAME when I picked it up and that was just under a month after release.

From what I remember they tried to put a story linking the single player together which was zzzzz

And the design was nothing to scream about. I dont remember many of the maps being stand out levels in fact it felt more like a chore learning the in and outs of them, compared to maps in earlier editions (and other games) where learning the nooks and cranny's of a map was an enjoyable experiance.

But it did have hover boards!!!

i remember that

I also remember them not being nearly as cool as I'd hoped (too much trickstyle for me)

• Registered Users Posts: 83,309 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jazzy wrote: »
    again, they tried to design for consoles which n00bed up the gameplay

633801847724396865-FlameShield.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

thats not a flame shield this is a flame shield

120px-Fire_shield.png

the classic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Worst online game I've ever played.. and I've played just about everything..

Awful badly designed out of date game, barely even worked out of the box, patches did little, covered in ridiculous claptrap like hoverboards and flying tanks and unicorns and whatever muck they could come up with and throw in

Deep breaths.. calm blue ocean

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Fcuking hover boards, you spend more time bumping into ****e on them better off running.
    Anything which was good in this game was in UT2k4.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Jazzy wrote: »
    UT3 is decent but it just isnt as good as 2k4. again, they tried to design for consoles which n00bed up the gameplay
    Completely agree, second only to Deus Ex 2 in the biggest console gimping awards. :(

Advertisement