Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Is Sligo the place to go?

• 26-07-2010 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I'm off to Sligo in a couple of days for a weeks stay. We'll be wild camping for most of the time but we will stay in a campsite for a couple of nights.

Does anyone have any reccommendations for good campsites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭SARZY

Just spent the weekend in Strandhill. The campsite is good, close to the beach and shop/ pubs etc.
    Just one gripe, as the campsite was very busy, it seemed to me that the toilet/shower block was under severe pressure and is just not big enough when the place is jammed.
    But having said that, in a van with a shower on board it was easier to suit yourself.
    Its clean and well run with all the facilities you would need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

tattoo wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    I'm off to Sligo in a couple of days for a weeks stay. We'll be wild camping for most of the time but we will stay in a campsite for a couple of nights.

Does anyone have any reccommendations for good campsites?

Are you in a van or tent?

Enniscrone is ok, so is Strandhill both expensive. I alway wild camp there no problem. The pub at Aughris head has a few mobile homes and takes tents and campers, the toilets are part of the bar so they are locked at night.Good food there too.

You can't park by the castle in easkey anymore but can park up outside or on the point. The toilets range between being boarded up to a full on bio hazard have a look when you are in the area, good fishing at times from the pier.

If it were me I'd hit Dunmoran strand for a night as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

For that real "end of the world/ a**ehole of nowhere feeling" try staying the night at Lough Easkey up in the Ox mountains.
    There are two or three wide bits at the side of the road where a camper could park for the night

Advertisement