Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

• 26-07-2010 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I was wondering and I have seen on examinations.ie that the results are available at 12 midday on the 18th...those that mean that we go to our schools earlier then this time to get our results as this is the online way of obtaining results?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

ayumi wrote: »
    I was wondering and I have seen on examinations.ie that the results are available at 12 midday on the 18th...those that mean that we go to our schools earlier then this time to get our results as this is the online way of obtaining results?
    Yes you can go in as early as you wish,9 am, and collect your results there,or stay at home and view them online.

I repeated this year and I plan on going into collect them again.Its all part of the experience in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Yes you can go in as early as you wish,9 am, and collect your results there,or stay at home and view them online.

I repeated this year and I plan on going into collect them again.Its all part of the experience in my opinion!
    yea,all the excitment so the earliest is 9 am?

Well thats around the time last year that my mates headed in,and they said that the school had just opened( I arrived about a half an hour after!).

It may depend on your school,I couldnt tell you for sure.

Well thats around the time last year that my mates headed in,and they said that the school had just opened( I arrived about a half an hour after!).

It may depend on your school,I couldnt tell you for sure.
    thanx anyways ,this will be the approx time to go

good luck :D

Anytime after 9 you should be fine,and if not,well you're gonna have more time to stew!

Same to you.What you hoping to do?

• Advertisement

Anytime after 9 you should be fine,and if not,well you're gonna have more time to stew!

Same to you.What you hoping to do?
    biomedical sciences in dit or science ucd ,what abt u?

ayumi wrote: »
    biomedical sciences in dit or science ucd ,what abt u?
    Hmmm I think I've a few mates doing Science in UCD,and they seem happy out!

Myself I'm hoping to do Primary Teaching in either Pats or Marino,and if not,Arts/Humanities in Pats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most schools are in a position to give results out after 9am. It depends on them being delivered (or collected) early and then on how big the exam group is and how many staff are on hand to check them, put them in envelopes etc..

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh I don't like the thought of the teachers seeing my results before I do!

For our JC results, we didn't get them until 3.05pm (which was cruel as I know for a fact they arrived in the school in the morning). My history teacher kept saying "I know what you got" to me but wouldn't tell me!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I've been involved in the checking for a few years now in our place. All I can say is you look at the results, but don't really look, if you know what I mean. We're usually scanning for subjects we don't do in the school. The LC Applied marks take a bit more checking then the LC Established as there are so many components to make sure got added in.

The overall mark sheet is then left in the staff room. This just has numbers and subject codes rather than names on it and really just gives people an idea of how things went in their subject. It's usually just a few teachers who come in the day of the results, so most of your teachers won't see your results until the end of August when everyone comes back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rororororororor

im sooo happy im going inter-railing 3 weeks before the results, if i wasn't i think i'd just sit at home worring about it! I dont get home till 11 at night on the 17th so im hoping ill be so tired after traveling ill be able to sleep!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Oh I don't like the thought of the teachers seeing my results before I do!
    As spurious said they're going to be quickly going through them all, it's not like they'll be sitting there memorising your results and having a good old chat with everyone in the staff room about them. And if it's anything like my school it'll just be the office staff, principal, vice-principal and a few career teachers that'll see them before you anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks!

Before my JC results were given out, all of the ex-third years were called into assembly, and the principal actually announced my JC results to everybody before I even opened the envelope myself (as I got the highest in my year). Now that was embarassing :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭muffinz

Thanks!

Before my JC results were given out, all of the ex-third years were called into assembly, and the principal actually announced my JC results to everybody before I even opened the envelope myself (as I got the highest in my year). Now that was embarassing :o
    omg! my friend got all As and 1B and nothin happened!! I woulda been morto xD

Thanks!

I really hate that sort of thing.

It makes kids who have tried their absolute best and maybe got a C feel like crap. It often makes the ones who are being 'praised' feel like crap too. It's terrible you were not let check your own results first and you certainly should have been consulted before they were announced to others.

One of the best results I ever saw was 2 Cs and 3 Ds including Foundation English and Maths at Junior Cert.. The little guy who got that was ten feet tall walking home that day, having spent most of primary and a lot of first year trying to hide the fact that he could not read at all. He used to be in tears (literally) he was trying so hard.

The level playing field of Irish education.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Im not sure if I should go in or not... In our school you get called into the principals office, he chats with you and then gives you your results :(. A friend was telling me he went in a few years ago and the principal asked him what did he want to do, he said Veterinary, and then the principal replied well there is no way you will be doing that anyway!

I don't think I want to go through that trauma!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

Cian92 wrote: »
    Im not sure if I should go in or not... In our school you get called into the principals office, he chats with you and then gives you your results :(. A friend was telling me he went in a few years ago and the principal asked him what did he want to do, he said Veterinary, and then the principal replied well there is no way you will be doing that anyway!

I don't think I want to go through that trauma!

Walk in take your envelope and dont entertain his carry on. If he wont give it to you tell him to feck off and that it has nothing to do with him

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭green909

I didn't go in last year my school is only a few minutes away from my house but I knew I had not done as well as I should have.

Waiting in the morning wasn't really that bad my parents went out, think they knew I would not want to see anyone.

The online check system is really easy to access. It was definitely the right choice for me because if I had gotten those results in school i just would have been a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'm dreading going in, not only because I don't want them back but because my Vice Principal is one of my teachers and I'd rather she didn't see my results >.< I know she'll have a lot on her mind and my results arn't exactly the most important thing for her but if I've been getting great results for the last two years she'll be expecting something great. :(

Can you imagine how nervous we'll be the night before?

I can't believe it's only a matter of days until the results, and then the Debs - this summer has gone far too fast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I'm dying to know my results already. I've had a good summer so far but these results are always at the back of my mind and it's come to the point were I just need to know how I did.

I suppose there isn't that much of a wait left (less than 3 weeks), I'm just really interested to see if I passed Maths or not. That's the only subject I feel I didn't do well enough on to pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

I hope I arrive late enough to avoid the braggarts. Not in a jealous way, but more of a don't kick someone when they're down type of thing. :o

well its 19 days or 2 weeks to the results :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Bring it on. I look forward to sh*tting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Bring it on. I look forward to sh*tting it.

i totally agree:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 rororororororor

My boyfriend missed a hell of a lotta school last year, so when it came time to pick up his results he got really freaked out. He was the sorta guy who didnt try but achieved so much, that guy with the brains who didnt apply himself as much as he could. He didnt want to go in at 9 with all the high achievers and "i dont give a f**k" people crying about how they done so well or failed horrible! He went in at 11 on his own, noone there but secretarys.....he got 535! the point is we never know what will happen we just gotta get on with it, and what ever is trown at us we know thats the route we gotta follow! Good luck everyone:):) and just remember whats ment to be will be!:)

xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Can you imagine how nervous we'll be the night before?

Can you imagine how God damn nervous I am now:mad:?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Every time I think about it my tummy squirms. I'm still refusing to say 'oh i think i got this in this'. I'm terrified about it all though D=. I don't really care about how high anyone got, I just want people I know get what they want and what's good in their eyes. It's not important to anyone else but yourself and just because some teacher expects an a and you get a b doesn't mean you should feel let down, we all gave it our best at the end of the day.
    My debs is the day after the results,complete FML there. Anyone who's unhappy will probably get wasted straight away =(.

Tha main thing to remember is there is ALWAYS another way to get the course/college you want.

Breaks my heart every year to hear of young people 'doing something stupid' (as we like to say in Ireland) over the bloody Leaving Cert., or worse still the Junior Cert..

You can go to college with no Leaving Cert. at all, it's not the end of the world if things do not go as planned. If they do go as planned, great.

• Advertisement

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Every time I think about it my tummy squirms. I'm still refusing to say 'oh i think i got this in this'. I'm terrified about it all though D=. I don't really care about how high anyone got, I just want people I know get what they want and what's good in their eyes. It's not important to anyone else but yourself and just because some teacher expects an a and you get a b doesn't mean you should feel let down, we all gave it our best at the end of the day.
    My debs is the day after the results,complete FML there. Anyone who's unhappy will probably get wasted straight away =(.

im feeling the same,whenever I think of it i have buterflies and start thinking of that where you u go in and ur parents are waiting outside for the great news.im soooooooooo nervous now that its near

Advertisement