Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Matt_Teddy wrote: »
    It's going to be great craic altogether trying to get to sleep tomorrow night. :D

Sure is! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I can't believe tomorrow night is the night before. Eek this is coming very fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

I can't believe tomorrow night is the night before. Eek this is coming very fast :(

It's not coming fast enough! Every day feels like a week to me! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

It's probably because I havn't done much today (stupid rain) but I feel like the day is going incredibly slow. I just want to get it over and done with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

RTE news will probably have the failure/pass rates for the exams tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Surely that is a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CillianPA

Matt_Teddy wrote: »
    It's going to be great craic altogether trying to get to sleep tomorrow night. :D
    i think i might just stay up on skype talking to my friend who also can't sleep!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

lemansky wrote: »
    Surely that is a good thing?

I don't really think so. Once we get our results, it's down to 5 days of wondering whether our points our enough for college, wondering whether demand has gone up or down, wondering if places have been added or removed, and then the search for accomodation.

I feel like once we get our results we won't be able to enjoy our summer as much, but that doesn't really make any sense. There are still nights out, and the debs to look forward to - and of course college itself!

Also I'm nervous about getting the results themselves, so I'm trying to put it off (if only time would slow down for me).

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Reading bits of this thread has now made me nervous too. I didn't even really think of it until now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

only a matter of hours now really getting more frightened since yesterday i'm repeating so i'm praying it goes ok i'm sick of it all now and just want to know what i got best of luck to ye all by the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

don't worry lads, you've got this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

After tonight, only 1 more sleep!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

I don't really think so. Once we get our results, it's down to 5 days of wondering whether our points our enough for college, wondering whether demand has gone up or down, wondering if places have been added or removed, and then the search for accomodation.

I feel like once we get our results we won't be able to enjoy our summer as much, but that doesn't really make any sense. There are still nights out, and the debs to look forward to - and of course college itself!

Also I'm nervous about getting the results themselves, so I'm trying to put it off (if only time would slow down for me).

Well the results have to come at some point, as does the rest of it. If you had a whole extra year before they were to come out, you'd still be feeling this way 365 days from now. May as well get them over and done with. Besides, as you point out, there are many positives to come-debs/college, neither of which are really possible without finishing school and hence doing the leaving, getting results, and doing the CAO dance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

In the words of the Leaving Cert Song #Lets just get through this#
    There's nothing we can do now except wait.
    I'd advise tryna get a good nights sleep tonight as you might not get a whole lot tomorrow!! :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

don't worry lads, you've got this.
    This. Once you guys all get to college (or whatever else you pursue), you'll realise how little an obstacle the Leaving Cert was.

For now though, my only advise would be to not think about it. What's done is done, and as was the case with everyone in my year, you're going to far exceed what you think you did. Either way, good luck year of 2010 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭ummtea

On our results paper this year it should say somewhere that we survived mass flooding, a big freeze, an earthquake and the passing away of Gerry Ryan(RIP). In fairness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ummtea wrote: »
    On our results paper this year it should say somewhere that we survived mass flooding, a big freeze, an earthquake and the passing away of Gerry Ryan(RIP). In fairness...

We had an earthquake? :confused:

We had an earthquake? :confused:

We did down in Clare and Limerick. 2.1 on the Richter Scale :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

ummtea wrote: »
    We did down in Clare and Limerick. 2.1 on the Richter Scale :rolleyes:
    Huh, never even heard about that

Lawliet wrote: »
    Huh, never even heard about that

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_County_Clare_earthquake

Ngl, I was scared :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

best of luck to ye all tomrrow and monday i'm doing it again a second time so i feel under more pressure one of my courses last year went up 5 points above my points total so hoping that won't happen again do ye think arts will go up much?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

20 hours, 32 minutes.......

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Liveit

looking forward to see what everyone got :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

Liveit wrote: »
    looking forward to see what everyone got :)

ya nosy yoke! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Matt_Teddy

I'd love to keep my results a secret, but realisticly that's not going to happen.. :P

I hate people who go around asking every single person what points they got.. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

good luck to evryone on boards forum who are waiting for results tommorw ^_^

I'm not going to ask people how they did, unless they volunteer the information. I don't really know how to react if somebody is upset with the points they got.

I'd also prefer if people didn't ask me, for similar reasons, but I don't think that's going to happen. I might just say "I'm happy" or "It could have been worse" or those vague answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Good luck to everyone who get getting their results tomorrow.

Don't worry if you didn't get the result you wanted. There's a way around everything. I did crap in the leaving in 09 and now starting DCU this September via PLC. If really want a particular course, you will get it.

Like I said, There's a way around everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

good luck everyone!

what time will ye all be going in at tomorrow morning?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

My school isn't opening until 10 :rolleyes: so I'll head in around 10:30, I want to avoid the crowd that'll be there when they open the doors - don't really want to ask anyone how they got on or have anyone ask me tbh.

Good luck to everyone :)

Advertisement