Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I'll probably be down there at ten to nine, hopefully I can get my results quickly and get out of there before too many people arrive and start asking me how I did. I want to keep my results to myself, but I don't like refusing to answer people either.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

i plan on keeping my results to myself only tell family and close friends i worked hard enough like many people i won't plan on asking too many either think its rude

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

I'm planning on being down for about 10 to 9 aswell! I just need to know by now like as nervous as I am the suspense is killing me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

i agree with people here...im gonna keep my results to myself even if i will be exceedingly happy or delated, i am not gonna go around asking people how they did, only if they decide to tell me themselves. i think im gonna get them go back to the car, and open them there on my own! :) waiting is torture though..

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

I don't see why some people don't want others to know their results(except if they're horribly disappointed).Jesus,I've been in the same class with the same people for 6 years,some even for 14.After being there for all of the highs and lows for their journey through the education system,I'd like to know what the end product of it is and how they feel about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

This day is going even slower than yesterday! Probably changed my mind a couple of times but i'll be at the school for around 9ish. Don't think it's open until half 9 but not actually sure. There will be people to talk to anyway to keep me occupied.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I just saw my dad's Irish Independent - 20 page Leaving Cert supplement tomorrow. Oh my God why do the media make such a big deal about this, it makes me more nervous!

As a side note, this is a graph of the amount of times people have googled "Leaving Cert" in Ireland. Probably a side effect of the media, or maybe just worried students logging onto boards and allhonours
    viz?q=leaving+cert&date=all&geo=ie&graph=weekly_img&sort=0&sa=N

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I'm going to try and completely forget about it, and go when I wake up and get dressed, be it 9am, 11am, or 1pm!!! It's the best way, I think. My parents aren't happy about that, though. It's like they want to know more than I do right now!

Sometimes I can't wait, others I wish it was still months away.
    The day of reckoning is here!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My parents aren't happy about that, though. It's like they want to know more than I do right now!

Eugh the same with mine. My mother is insisting on driving me and my brother in and waiting in the car while we open the results / talk to friends etc. as it's what 'usually happens' (so her friends tell her :rolleyes:)

I told her I'd prefer to drive my brother and I into school as the thought of a parent in the car outside makes me more nervous. I can just see myself walking towards the car and her trying to guage from our facial expressions how we did :eek:

She means well though.

She means well though.

Ah sure all they want is the best for us...and lol, before I'd even spoken to my parents about arrangements they'd decided Dad would wait in the car and Mum would come into the school with me! Talking them out of it is futile, and I'd feel mean anyway. The thing is, I could see Mum totally bursting into tears along with me whatever the result!!! Hope that doesn't happen...God. :P

• Advertisement

they'd decided Dad would wait in the car and Mum would come into the school with me!

That's a bit too far. I'm guessing you don't want this - I would be furious! Just calmy tell your mother she can come into the school if she wants but you won't open the results until you are alone. She might get the idea, without starting a fight or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i got a message saying that the results are available from 9 oclock tommorw

Hmmmm, maybe. Not sure she'd take it too kindly but I'm actually ok with it by now...I think she always regretted not being able to come with me for my J.C. results and that's why she's so insistent this time around.

Thanks for the advice though-I have to say, at first I was a little annoyed with their prior planning but I'm the eldest and it's the first time they've experienced all this-college, results, accommodation, etc. They also want to go in to get the results first thing but I'm standing my ground on that one-I'll go when I want, and no other time.
    I guess I'm grateful they have so much interest in the first place, it'd be worse if they didn't care at all! :)

But definitely, if I had an issue with it I wouldn't be able to bear the lack of privacy when I open my results. They're so personal...I mean, 14 years of schooling! It's hard to believe it's culminating tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Hmmmm, maybe. Not sure she'd take it too kindly but I'm actually ok with it by now...I think she always regretted not being able to come with me for my J.C. results and that's why she's so insistent this time around.

Thanks for the advice though-I have to say, at first I was a little annoyed with their prior planning but I'm the eldest and it's the first time they've experienced all this-college, results, accommodation, etc. They also want to go in to get the results first thing but I'm standing my ground on that one-I'll go when I want, and no other time.
    I guess I'm grateful they have so much interest in the first place, it'd be worse if they didn't care at all! :)

But definitely, if I had an issue with it I wouldn't be able to bear the lack of privacy when I open my results. They're so personal...I mean, 14 years of schooling! It's hard to believe it's culminating tomorrow...
    im like you that im the eldest and Im the first to experience all of this and as you said tommorw is the last day of our life in primary and secondary school and were entering a new phase of life!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

ummtea wrote: »
    We did down in Clare and Limerick. 2.1 on the Richter Scale :rolleyes:
    *climbs out from under rock*....jesus! Never even heard of it :p

Good luck tomorrow everyone :) The waiting is the worst, once you get them you can start planning what to do next Monday or in September, and repeating isn't the worst thing in the world! Might not be what you want to hear right now but spending an extra year to get something that you really really want will be worth it, so don't stress too much about the results! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, but remember that it really isn't the be-all and end-all. A number of years ago I fell short of the points I wanted from the Leaving. Nowadays I'm doing postgraduate research in my chosen field, and the path I was forced to take introduced me to some amazing people I would never have otherwise met, including I think my future wife. So two things I've learned;

1) There are more important things in life that LC points and college degrees. If, like me, a poor LC is the biggest disappointment you have in your life then you can consider yourself lucky :o

2) These things have a way of just working themselves out. If you are presented with a new challenge, even if it's not the one you wanted, then go for it because it might turn out to be your luckiest break :eek:

So get a good rest tonight, you'll need it for tomorrow night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I really can't believe it's nearly here. Does anyone else here talk about the LC non-stop and feels like it's compulsory to talk about it at every waking moment because I do -.- I looked up the english paper last night because I couldn't remember what questions I did, I'm that hyped about it >.-. I'm nervous as hell but at the same time I want to get it over with and just put it to rest once and for all. Maybe we'll even get that big climax that we all expected when we finished and didnt =/.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Grace16

Wow i'm getting really nervous now it's unreal haha but good luck to everybody else!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

Good luck everyone, I'm a repeat and I'm just hoping for an offer next week. I would be delighted if I got my first choice but I have big doubts.

Remember people we're just passing by. ;) Life will go on...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭allym

Good luck everybody :) it's been a tough year but it's almost over :D all that's left now is to partaaaaay tomorrow night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

allym wrote: »
    :D all that's left now is to partaaaaay tomorrow night!

That's the only thing keeping me going today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Good luck everyone. It's not the end of the world (or so I hear). Hopefully one day we can look back one day and laugh at how nervous we are now.

I was trying to sound optimistic but I just sound like a pompous idiot. Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Its so close! Good Luck Guys :) Hope everyone gets what they are looking for..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

Best of luck everyone!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Well guys its getting close!
    Im going to open mine by myself out of school and out of home..
    Just to process my thoughts before I face the Spanish Inquisition:D
    I have high hopes for a few subjects but seeing how life goes Im trying not to be too optimistic!
    And jesus i dont want to THINK about english :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭luv-eirexx

God i'm so nervous!!
    I'll be in school at 9am getting my results!!!
    I wont be sleeping tonight!!

Dont think ill be going to bed tommoro night either . . Gonna be some piss up!!!!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Lets go fúcking mental,
    Lets go fúcking mental,
    Na Na Na NA Hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

I've been pretty relax about this up until now, but for the past two hours the nerves have been hitting me. I'm probably going to be a total wreck tomorrow morning :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Best of luck everyone......i cant wait to be finished with the whole process tbh!:)

Advertisement