Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

How does that work out? :p

Well it's pretty simple really?????

You add up the points that correspond with the grades???

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Behind you Joey

Reillyman wrote: »
    YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

F*CKING DELIGHTED!!! 4 A's 3 B's, 490!!!!!!!!

A2 in Maths & Economics!!!

Have to say it here because I'll be a "prick" apparently if I announce the fact that I'm happy on Facebook!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Your an awful prick hey!:)

Got 545! Fúcking DELIGHTED!!!!!:D Needed 530.
    A1 in French.
    A2 in English, Irish, Economics and Biology.
    B1 in Music.

Getting wasted tonight!:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I was so happy with my results. 545 (edit: exact same as above :P) - I didn't think I'd get anywhere close. And I was so nervous before this, yesterday I could barely talk to people when they mentioned the results.

All HL

Irish B1
    English B1
    Maths A1
    Accounting A1
    Geography A2
    Applied Maths A2
    Physics B2
    French C1

Congratulations everyone - your results are excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Unwilling

LS2010HIS

Go and take a break, comparin your resutls with 535's and 600 is not helping you.
    Thems the breaks....... but you can go on and lead a healthy successful life ........ I did, my sister did, my friends did.............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Pimptastic

Absolutely delighted... 590 points, wasn't expecting it at all- A1 in HL biology chemistry physics history and english A2 in HL maths and applied maths and B1 in OL Irish (but who cares about that :D). This may look like showing off but I'm just so happy I wanted to post something :p... Best of luck to everyone else and hope it works out for ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Got 480 :D about what expected but just so happy to know :D

Construction A2
    Technology A2
    English B2
    Art B2
    Maths C1
    French C1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Congrats to those who got what they wanted. I hope you get what you want. As for those who may not have done particularly well it's not the end of the world. There are other ways into college via PlC course etc.

The Leaving Cert, though stressful is not a reflection on how your life pans out.

There is always another option. It may take a little longer but you will get there in the end.

You did your best and that's all that really matters. You can have all the brains in the world and something may have happened that day to throw you off your exam a little bit.

Go out tonight, celebrate and assess your options tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭zeroonetwothree

I got 345...
    that's bad right? ;_; So upset

• Registered Users Posts: 43 TRAPASARMY

580! off to get absolutely ****faced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I got 345...
    that's bad right? ;_; So upset

There's no such thing as a bad or a good mark. What's good for you may be bad for others and vice versa. If it helps in getting your chosen college course then it's a brilliant result for you.

Congratulations by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Any else peed off with Geography? Thought I'd get a lot higher than a C1!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

555! yahowwwwww!!
    A1 in spanish and biology
    A2 in english,chemistry and accounting
    and B1 in maths and irish!
    Thought i had an A2 at least in maths but i don't care!! nothin lower than a B1! YES!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

Got 550, fairly happy though I doubt I'll get my first choice:

Biology A1
    Spanish A1 (:eek: hated this subject, shocked)
    Economics A2 (:mad: gutted i didnt get the A1, will be appealing)
    English A2
    Maths B1 (messed up the exam on the day)
    Chemistry B1 (:mad: was my best subject, gutted, will be appealing)
    Irish ord A2

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Got 475 (All b's)!!!! Absolutely delighted with it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I repeated OL maths this year. Long story why I did, buy anyways...

C1, 30 points!!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

well done to all today... sounds like everyone has done really well... even those who seem disappointed.
    The Leaving Cert is one of the most stressful exams or events in a persons life and everyone should feel proud of themselves.

Not meaning to burst anyones bubble here or anything, but for those of you who are saying 'oh im off to UCD... oh tis in the bag'... please refrain from such ignorant arrogance! People havent been banging on about increased CAO applications for nothing! The results are just step 1. No one can be sure of anything till the offers come out!

SO for now, just relax... the wait is over... but dont count your chickens!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭LutherBlissett

Caroline1111, if all your results are higher level, you actually have 555, not 550.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Caroline1111, if all your results are higher level, you actually have 555, not 550.

she said she did ordinary irish do 550 is right!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

440.. smitten

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Bookmarked

i only got 530 and 160 in hpat, so 690 in total :( goodbye medicine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

I got an A1 in DCG, Delighted. That f*ckin' project almost killed me, obviously worth all that work now though. Also proof that the mocks mean absolutely nothing as I got 25% in the mock, gas :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

its kinda sickening seeing people disappointed with 300 points, I think people posting their points especially ones who get 500+ points means that everyone compares each other to everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Monksie

410...repeating didnt work out for me
    im 5 points off vetinary nursing in ucd.
    wanted to do veterinary nursing too! didnt get the points tho! still managed to get all honours...seriously annoyed....doubt il repeat dont think i'd have the patience! what a stressful year! x :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

DB10 wrote: »
    Hard luck man. All these happy people are annoying but fair play to them.

I was around 40 points below what I wanted. Abolutely gutted, rips the life out of ya for a few minutes.

Probly wont get anything I wanted, might have to repeat. Worst is I done my best, I'm not the sort of lad that will repeat next year and do alot better, I just know it and I will **** it next year if I do repeat.

correction: hard luck GIRL :(

oh ya, i mean fair play. ye all did great! sorry i sound like a wet blanket. really, congrads to everyone! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

mink_man wrote: »
    its kinda sickening seeing people disappointed with 300 points, I think people posting their points especially ones who get 500+ points means that everyone compares each other to everyone.

I got 335 last year, Delighted with it, I came on here this time last year and saw the 500's all over the place, But I was still happy. My mocks were terrible and I saw aiming for 300, so 335 made me happy, If I got 500 yeah I'd probably be a bit happier, But it's worthless to me.

I got my course, and have just done really well in first year. So to everyone who has come on here and not got 400 or 500, If you got what you wanted that's all the matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

mink_man wrote: »

Well everyone has their own goals... if someone was hoping for something high, say medicine, and 'only' got 300/400 then of course they're going to be disappointed.

If someone was worried about just passing the LC and got all honours then of course they'll be delighted.

Everyone has their own goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Apparently Libya was a county doing the leaving cert where candidates did the leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

475 points.

Irish (H)- C1
    English (H) - A2
    Maths (0) - B3
    French (H) - C1 LOL!
    History (H) - B1 Would appeal it if I was bothered but I'm not.
    Biology (H) - B2
    Religion (H) - B2

Absolutely delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

plonk wrote: »
    Apparently Libya was a county doing the where candidates did the leaving cert.

Yeah but they replace Irish with Arabic or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mulner92

well done everybody i'm fair delighted extra year was well worth it got 410 and got an A2 in english and B3 in history have 40 points extra for my 1st choice finger crossed congrats again

Advertisement