Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭Monksie

mink_man wrote: »
    its kinda sickening seeing people disappointed with 300 points, I think people posting their points especially ones who get 500+ points means that everyone compares each other to everyone.

i got 385, still dunno whether im happy with it or not! its annoying though cuz its always the people that do really well that ask what you got! meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I was expecting 450-500, imagine my shock when I opened to get 375 :(. Absolutely gutted and I feel like all my hard work was literally for Nothing after getting that. The only bright side is I have my course already but it was still pretty horrible :(.
    Hopefully my appeals will bring it up to 400 or something but I don't think I've ever been so disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭AH92

I got 410.... absolutely delighted :) Im hoping its enough for nursing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

...you right now' thread.

Maths (H) - B3
    Phys/Chem (H) - B3
    Biology (H) - A2
    Geography (H) - C1
    Music (H) - C1
    English (H) - C3

I'm disappointed with my English and Music results, but other than that...

I'm so happy:D

How did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 TowlieMcD

Bookmarked wrote: »
    i only got 530 and 160 in hpat, so 690 in total :( goodbye medicine :(

I got 555 and 158 in the HPAT so 709...so close yet so far....
    Ah well.. secondary teaching is an easier life! :):pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭LadyGaga!

To be honest, I don't think anyone needs/wants to post their results. Anyone who does post them is either bragging or lying, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

535.. absolutely over the moon! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I was just thinking it was a great thread.

Well done, Pete.

Though in 2 or 3 years time your Leaving Cert results will never matter again, save when you're looking back offering advice on internet forums...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 MadRush

475, mightn't be enough for french and russian in trinity...

why isn't monday tomorrow!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

240. Got me into college, it's all I care about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭clived2

What did you get in Irish since you failed to post

I will guess C1 in pass, not that it matters what you get
    but since you failed to mention it, I am pretty sure it was your worst result
    How shallow of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

455...50 more than i need...very happy right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

clived2 wrote: »
    leave the poor guy alone

He obviously doesn`t have any friends to tell

Which is so much worse than being too ashamed to talk to one's friends about how disappointed one is with one's results...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭brianw1

i think the people that are really dissappointed are the ones who expected high points and didnt get them. on the other hand people like me hoped for 300ish and ended up with 410

OVER THE GODDAMN MOON RIGHT NOW **** YES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

btw I did my leaving last year was very happy with my results :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Threads merged.
    Please keep all results in the results thread.

Obviously inflammatory and PIA posts will be deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Pete29

How shallow of you

I got a D2. Apologies, I only mentioned the results I counted.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

Got 475! A 140 point increase over last years'! Delighted with my improvement, and my A1 in HL English. Sadly, it probably won't be enough to get English Studies in Trinity, which I was hoping for, but it'll probably let me do History in same. Both courses looked amazing, so I'll be happy either way, I think, and that's all that matters to me. If not, I have plenty of similar courses in Maynooth that'll be just as good, so it looks like I'm safe this year. :D

Sympathies for those who are disappointed. I know the feeling, and the apparent success of everyone here doesn't help. Almost makes me feel disappointed with my own success. Remember, there's no shame in repeating if you really want something - if anything, it is nothing short of admirable. Deciding to grasp your own destiny rather than be swept away in the flow is one of the most courageous things anyone our age can accomplish, so power to those who decide to retake the plunge. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭ceol18

500 on the dot, so so happy as that was kind of a personal goal thing for me! =) i only needed 375 but i set myself the goal of 500 and i actually got it spot on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

i got 495 today which im not to sure im happy with as i really wanted veterinary .. i am seriously considering repeating but does anyone else think that a jump from 495 to 555 or 560 is just too far-fetched and slightly ambitious?
    the subjects i picked this year were not my favourite and i would not consider repeating some of my worst ones but im still not to sure if i should just take a different course or repeat?? i think im just too worried ill not reach my goal 2nd time round :(

p.s dont get me wrong i realise that i got a fair amount of points and i did work hard all year so i am happy with what i got .. just not happy being anything else but a vet :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Scuid Mhór

How shallow of you

aw man calling someone out like that makes you look so hardcore

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Got 590, obviously Im delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

A girl in my year got seven A1s and was on the news. I'm so jealous lol. I sat behind her so she obviously copied me... somehow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

tigerblob wrote: »
    A girl in my year got seven A1s and was on the news. I'm so jealous lol. I sat behind her so she obviously copied me... somehow :P

I saw a ginger guy on the news last year and he was like "a little study a lot rather than a lot of study a little". Stuck with me ever since.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I got 375 points. I'm hoping to go to maynooth to study accounting. After seeing that a few here got 400 above I'm beginning to think I might nit get the place there.

This is my results.

Maths. Ord. C2
    English. Higher. D1
    Geog. Higher. A2
    Engineering. Higher. C2
    Business higher. B3
    enterprise merit
    French ord. B2

Disapoined at English I expected C3
    It's the same with business I expected B1.

Nonetheless pleased and hopefully I'll officially be a mayboothian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

HOBO123 wrote: »
    i got 495 today which im not to sure im happy with as i really wanted veterinary .. i am seriously considering repeating but does anyone else think that a jump from 495 to 555 or 560 is just too far-fetched and slightly ambitious?
    the subjects i picked this year were not my favourite and i would not consider repeating some of my worst ones but im still not to sure if i should just take a different course or repeat?? i think im just too worried ill not reach my goal 2nd time round :(

p.s dont get me wrong i realise that i got a fair amount of points and i did work hard all year so i am happy with what i got .. just not happy being anything else but a vet :)

From my experience its doable, I went from 440 to 550. If you felt you did poorly in a couple of subjects, or that say having to do english/irish took up a lot of your time then you've every chance. If you don't think you could have done any better its a big jump.

I went up in everything I kept, and got As in two new subjects. If its what you want it can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

515!....delighted!

English B3
    Maths B2
    Irish B2
    Biology A1
    Chemistry B1
    German B2
    Economics A2

Economics and maths in TCD better stay below 515!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

Oh you poor thing! I feel so sorry for you because 495 is an incredible score... but when ur hoping for so much more... it feels like a failure.
    Trust me... being someone in your very position now and who threw the towel at my dream career and went off and took the first offer i got *which i think was my 6th choice..., I lived to regret it! Meant 4 years of pissing about in college just looking to pass every exam... no interest in the lectures and it was as though my social life was the number 1 thing in my life. Then followed the jobs after college and now, years on... here i am looking at going back in again to do something totally different!

Had I known all this that day i spent crying my eyes out in my room looking at my results in horror and dismay... I would have repeated!!! A repeat year is a unique experience. For one, its a year of revision... you wont have to waste time on subjects that have two papers like Irish and English and really get to focus on the one paper subjects! (Thats HUGE - unless of course those are your best subjects but an entire new set of plays and novels to read in 1 year... when its not necessary?).
    Second of all... most first year students in courses that have very high points are all repeat students! It used be something like 65% or something. Thats the reason the points are so high to begin with.
    ANyone I know who repeated got 600 or not far off it the second time around! Its because all the revision is burned into the brain... new exam skills are learned and when you spend that many months doing exam question after exam question in preparation... its only natural that more exam technique is mastered.
    Ok you will have to turn around and redo the project part of the courses... but you know... if you really really want your first choice... better off giving it a second shot; let all your peers move on if they wish... that peer competition wont bog u down as a distraction the second time.

People also fear the getting too old thing... trust me... im not 30 and looking at doing the whole 4 years of a degree thing again! I cant believe it but its one of the few options I have right now.
    SO dont end up like me! REPEAT!!!!!
    People always wonder where the extra points would come from... but dont throw away a years hard work when you can double that amount of work and nail it the second time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GoWesht

Reillyman wrote: »
    YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

F*CKING DELIGHTED!!! 4 A's 3 B's, 490!!!!!!!!

A2 in Maths & Economics!!!

Have to say it here because I'll be a "prick" apparently if I announce the fact that I'm happy on Facebook!

WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Youre a "prick"!:D

No really youre an abosulte waanker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

Irish (H) - C2
    Maths (O) - C3
    English (H) - C2
    Geography (H) - B1
    Music (H) - B3
    French (O) - B1
    Art (H) - C2