Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

I'm bricking it! I keep thinking of what I'll do on the day. Will I find a quiet place in the school and open them to myself?

Will I rip open the envelope when I get it? Will I badger my teachers before I even get the envelope because they know my results before I do?

Will I look at my best subject first to see if I got the grade I wanted or will I look at my worst subject to see if I passed it?

Bricking it!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

last night i was freaking about what i'm going to wear that morning!! totally dreading it:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I've decided not to open it infront of anyone at the school. Might open it there or somewhere along the way home but not with people around, easier that way.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I've decided not to open it infront of anyone at the school. Might open it there or somewhere along the way home but not with people around, easier that way.

I completely agree - everybody is expecting me to do really well, and I'm not sure my LC justified the work I have been putting in over the years. I really couldn't bear everybody asking me "What did you get?" if I didn't do as well as I hope - I might open it at home, but definitely away from my parents or anybody as I really would get nervous if people were staring at me opening the envelope and trying to guage my reaction.

Also, my twin brother will be receiving results at the same time, so that won't help if he decides to open them at 9 o clock in the morning in front of everybody!

And then there's relatives ringing to find out how we did - eek.

But don't worry - we'll all do fine *deep breaths* :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

You should consider going in a bit later 9.00 am or the time set in your school (if you can wait that is). Maybe 10.30/11.00. A lot of people will have come and gone so it should be a bit quieter, hopefully the mass hysteria will be over. That's what I did when I got mine.

• Advertisement

I completely agree - everybody is expecting me to do really well, and I'm not sure my LC justified the work I have been putting in over the years. I really couldn't bear everybody asking me "What did you get?" if I didn't do as well as I hope - I might open it at home, but definitely away from my parents or anybody as I really would get nervous if people were staring at me opening the envelope and trying to guage my reaction.

Also, my twin brother will be receiving results at the same time, so that won't help if he decides to open them at 9 o clock in the morning in front of everybody!

This is pretty much my exact situation except I don't have a twin brother :cool: Horrible situation knowing people are expecting you to do so well (more my teachers than my parents) :( I think the exams are just really difficult, everything depends on how well you do on the day and the effort you put into the last few years doesn't count. That's the bit I hate. Then again nothing we can do now, just relax and wait for the results and hopefully we'll all do fine :D
    dambarude wrote: »
    You should consider going in a bit later 9.00 am or the time set in your school (ir you can wait that is). Maybe 10.30/11.00. A lot of people will have come and gone so it should be a bit quieter, hopefully the mass hysteria will be over. That's what I did when I got mine.
    Think I just might do that, thanks! Going to be a long wait though : (

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm looking forward to them, but also slightly apprehensive because my sister got 600 and it's unlikely I'll get that many.

Anything over 550 would be grand though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I'm looking forward to them, but also slightly apprehensive because my sister got 600 and it's unlikely I'll get that many.

Anything over 550 would be grand though.

Don't worry - nobody will compare you to your sister, you are two different people after all. When you're a twin, like I am, that's when people start comparing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭ru437z9t8fidq2

Anytime after 9 you should be fine,and if not,well you're gonna have more time to stew!

Same to you.What you hoping to do?

sounds like ur rapping

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Opening it on the spot, hugging whoever else is present, and then driving home at speed to tell my mother, basically.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

Think i might just wAit for the monday when the cao comes out to open them!i no i done crap even though all my teaches will be expecting well into the 5oos..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

I'm going to go in at Three and walk to my school and besides I am definitely not going to lose sleep that night over my results. I will treat it as a normal day.

Yeah I think I'll open them to myself too. This is some pain in the arse because I know like a month after results I'll probably be wondering what the nerves were all about.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

+1

I'm a good student, but I really started to lag after 5th year. Lost ALL interest in school last September :( Realistically, not going to get my maths requirement now. I probably could've crammed the night before, but I just kinda breezed through the exams. I didn't particularly care about them at all :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Don't worry - nobody will compare you to your sister, you are two different people after all. When you're a twin, like I am, that's when people start comparing :P
    You don't know some of my relatives. They thought SHE was a disappointment for not doing medicine, srsly. Thankfully I'm long past giving a fvck what they think.

You don't know some of my relatives. They thought SHE was a disappointment for not doing medicine, srsly. Thankfully I'm long past giving a fvck what they think.

That's good to hear - relatives can be quite annoying like that. I hate the whole medicine stigma - just because it had the highest points, doesn't mean it's the best. Back when my dad was doing his Leaving Cert, medicine was one of the easiest courses to get into as most of the smart students didn't do medicine - only people who had doctors in their family. All you needed was a few passes (although there were no points back then - just honours, and passes or something like that!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Kinda wish I'd studied a bit more now! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gazzacarroll

the countdown to results is on :-) 18 days to go :-)

Just think, it'll all be over in a few weeks and then we can actually enjoy being finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

im getting nervous now...............

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 gazzacarroll

Yup I agree, I still have that anxious feeling. I feel as if I'm nt 100% free until I have my results and college place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 LouiseZ

Healium wrote: »
    +1

I'm a good student, but I really started to lag after 5th year. Lost ALL interest in school last September :( Realistically, not going to get my maths requirement now. I probably could've crammed the night before, but I just kinda breezed through the exams. I didn't particularly care about them at all :/

That is exactly what I did this year, and because of it I totally screwed the LC up.I was an A student before and then I just lost all interest. Everyone seemed to notice though, on my last day at school my friend and I were walking out the door and we met our Maths teacher. She said 'good luck. I hope you do really well, you deserve it' to my best friend.....then she looked at me and just said 'And I know for a fact I'll be seeing you next year dear. You really did absolutely nothing this year didn't you?'...I actually could have hit her...:mad:...I'm tempted just to take any course next year. The thought of repeating is just...ughhhh:(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

I think it went mediocre-ly (a neologism?)
    Im dreading seeing my English teacher, I got a b1 in the mock so she may be expecting that again, and quite frankly I think I majorly BOLLIXED up my English exam to the point i went home and cried:o

Also I hate those people who are like "OMG i didnt study at all... OMG 600 points yay!" so Im not gonna hang around listening to them... i hope for around 400, but knowing me Ill prob get 380. No biggie, all the things I want to do are portfolio based so like.... *shrugs*

I think it went mediocre-ly (a neologism?)
    Im dreading seeing my English teacher, I got a b1 in the mock so she may be expecting that again, and quite frankly I think I majorly BOLLIXED up my English exam to the point i went home and cried:o

Also I hate those people who are like "OMG i didnt study at all... OMG 600 points yay!" so Im not gonna hang around listening to them... i hope for around 400, but knowing me Ill prob get 380. No biggie, all the things I want to do are portfolio based so like.... *shrugs*

Haha you actually sound exactly like me!!:) I got a b2 in English and was delighted in that, and got an A in art and history, thing is, alot of people are saying our pres were marked to easily so I think I'm not gonna do as well as I did in the pres... I got 365 and was delighted. Im more worried about port folios too..

Haha yeah, theres such a "points race" at our school. Alot of people are so competitive and you could see them feeling so smug when they got a higher grade than the person sitting beside them. I hate that so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I hate the points race. I'm delighted I don't have to join in with it -.-. I dislike how people say to me 'oh but you've got your course, it doesn't matter what you get!'. I always think 'yes but after 2 years of hard work, I do want to do Well and be proud of myself'. I'm not even looking back at mock results and comparing because I'm that paranoid that it'll jinx me.:cool:

I just can't help comparing haha! Even though i know the pres may be inaccurate...:(

Don't worry about it, everyone comes up from the pres :). and you said you're portfolio based? Where did you apply to out of curiosity?

I hope so or I'm f*cked! Am, I'm doing a PLC port folio course for the year and then applying the year after. I'm torn between Crawford in Cork and LSAD so I'm waiting a year to decide while doing out the port folio. I wanna do well in art for the confidence boost though. :(

What about yourself?:)

Ah I'm doing a PLC in BCFE myself. Didn't get the points in the portfolio for IADT so I'm trying to bring up my stuff this year too! I'm hoping the same as well but for my JC I was all 'guaranteed A for sure' and then got a C so I'm not saying so much as an estimate! That art history paper was horrible anyway!

• Advertisement

The same thing happened me, teacher was like "Oh you have an A for sure", I got a B and was hysterical haha. Anyone reading this must think I'm an obnoxious perfectionist, but art is the only subject I want to get an A in:o

What are you thinking of doing in paticular art-wise or have you thought about it?

Advertisement