Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Are there any papers with good analysis of the Results today? ( Not: "omg loadsa people failed maths and stuff")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Are there any papers with good analysis of the Results today? ( Not: "omg loadsa people failed maths and stuff")

I'm sure the Irish Indo will have good analysis

Ya the times and indo are usually good but i dont want to pick one up today and find about 3 lines just repeating the maths figures from yesterday :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Especially if they get a chance to slag off teachers.

The Indo's a bit of a rag, tbh, if I was looking for any sort of sensible treatment, I'd look at the Times. The LC results are not uppermost in most people's minds though, so they may not bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

I got 410 points :D Really happy seen as I missed so much school due to illness! Wow, a lot of people got over 500 O.o Well donee everyone.

• Advertisement

I suppose, cant wait for the times cao table, im one of those weirdos who loves lookin at all the numbers :p

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Boardzee

Irish B1
    English A2
    Maths A2
    French B2
    Biology A1
    Chemistry A2
    Economics A2

545, genuinely shocked myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

Biology - A1
    Home Economics - A2
    Geography - A2
    English - A2
    German - B1
    Irish - B2
    Maths - C3

sorta disappointed with German.. was hoping for an A.. completely ecstatic though! :) Pats here I come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Irish (O) - C1

Maths (O) - A1
    English - A2
    German - A2
    DCG - B3
    Biology - B1
    Music - B2

I was never counting Irish but genuinely shocked I passed but don't know how they awarded me a C1 for the rubbish I wrote down.

Also I thought I got a C3 in DCG so thrilled with that.

Really wanted A1 in German but delighted with everything else. Got 480

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

the results still haven't sunk in yet!! yesterday seems like a dream:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

felic wrote: »
    not trying to be mean, but thats the most ignorant thing anyone has said in a long time. I hope your first choice course jumps to 545 after u saying that!

tbh Id be dancing a jig if that happened !!
    I failed to clarify I don't actually want my first choice ..... I didn't think about it properly

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭annainez

LadyGaga! wrote: »
    To be honest, I don't think anyone needs/wants to post their results. Anyone who does post them is either bragging or lying, imo.

Most people who do well have worked hard for it and they're proud their efforts paid off. It should be ok to be proud after two years of hard work.
    Some people work extremely hard and they don't feel it paid off but they should be proud too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

I failed to clarify I don't actually want my first choice ..... I didn't think about it properly

Same here, not sure if I want my number one at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I wanted Medicine but only have 709 points. Was delighted with my HPAT but I'm completely disgusted with 2 subjects. GUTTED to say the least :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

lol. Fair enuf. But are you sure? I guess you'll know better come Monday when the offers are out. If you really dont want to do a course anymore, dont do it. U wont have the interest in it enough to really do well in it and then after college, you'll be stuck in a career you don't want to be in.
    Ok I kind of understand a bit better knowing that. You wont need to repeat the whole year though with that number of points. Maybe do a year abroad program or something? And reapply to the CAO next year? But if you really want to repeat, Im sure you will nail the 600 next year.

(sorry if I was seemingly picking at you... I just was under the impression that you were pouting over not getting all A1's because everyone expected you to get that).

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭ihavequestions

Eng(H) C2 -GUTTED
    Maths(O) A1
    Physics(H) A2
    Biology(H) A1
    Home Ec(H) A2
    Spanish(H) B2
    Con st(H) B1

Graaaand total of 510 !!! So shocked! Sooo confused, may now take th year out and apply to England for physio as I have the grades for over there!One bad thing is that I'm a repeat and DYING to go to college! It all comes down to Mon, physio in RCSI was 510 random selection last year...but tipped to go up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

Irish-A2
    Geo-A2
    Bio-A2
    Eng-B1
    Ag-B2
    History-B3

=510 :D

Only disappointed with History. Thought I might get a B2 or higher. Oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MunchkinKid

Irish B1
    Home Ec A2
    English A2
    French A1
    Chemistry A1
    Biology A1
    Maths A1 (O)

Got 565 which was an absolute shocker!! Was expecting maybe 540 at the least.. got 515 in the mocks!

Hopefuly my points will be enough for physio in trinity! 520 last year and it will prob go up too but still i should be ok!

ihavequestions - best of luck i hope u get physio in rcsi!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

Geography-A1
    Economics-A2
    Accounting-A2
    English-B1
    Maths-B1
    French-B2
    Irish-B3
    LCVP-Merit

All at honors apart from Irish so it added up to 530, was a bit annoyed at missing out on A1's in Eco and Acc felt I did enough work to get them but in the end I didn't need the points:D

Snap 3A's 4B's also...well done

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Biology (H) -B3
    Economics (H) - C2
    French (H) -B2
    English (H)- B3
    Maths (O)- B1
    Ag Science (H) - C1
    Geography (H) - B1

Delighted, although i got A1 in Economics in the mocks :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 EabhaMae

GVNDNN wrote: »
    Biology (H) -B3
    Economics (H) - C2
    French (H) -B2
    English (H)- B3
    Maths (O)- B1
    Ag Science (H) - C1
    Geography (H) - B1

Delighted, although i got A1 in Economics in the mocks :(

Same thing happened to a lot of economic students in my year, including me! The Economics paper was so weird this year. I was so disappointed when that International Trade table didn't come up!! I love those! :( I got a C2 aswell!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

Oh come off it. Im a bit long in the tooth to be jealous over what someone got in their Leaving Cert. 540 as I said.. is an incredible result and something to feel proud about. He assumes hes getting his first choice for college yet considering repeating cos he didnt get 600! Thats just asking for a good kick up the you know what! Reminds me of someone I knew who got 590 and had the paper they got the A2 in rechecked!!!! Its just really annoying to hear such idiotic behavior from people who are meant to be the cream of the crop of Leaving Cert graduates!!!

I can see where you're coming from, my sister got 580 when she did her exams ans she was miserable. She only needed something like 390. But you have to realise that it means different things to different people. I know If I was 10 points off 600 I would probably get my English rechecked. Repeating is of course ridiculous if you have your course and I guarantee you that anyone who says they would, even though they have their course are talking crap.

I can see where you're coming from, my sister got 580 when she did her exams ans she was miserable. She only needed something like 390. But you have to realise that it means different things to different people. I know If I was 10 points off 600 I would probably get my English rechecked. Repeating is of course ridiculous if you have your course and I guarantee you that anyone who says they would, even though they have their course are talking crap.

I am not talking crap I don't want my 1st course tbh it's very uncharacteristic of me to do somethin like it that'd be the main reason why i'd repeat ... if I will I prob won't be allowed so . . .

lol. Fair enuf. But are you sure? I guess you'll know better come Monday when the offers are out. If you really dont want to do a course anymore, dont do it. U wont have the interest in it enough to really do well in it and then after college, you'll be stuck in a career you don't want to be in.
    Ok I kind of understand a bit better knowing that. You wont need to repeat the whole year though with that number of points. Maybe do a year abroad program or something? And reapply to the CAO next year? But if you really want to repeat, Im sure you will nail the 600 next year.

(sorry if I was seemingly picking at you... I just was under the impression that you were pouting over not getting all A1's because everyone expected you to get that).

Thanks I started to beat myself up so then I was like okay I didn't mention that which is a pretty important part lol !!!

I hated when ppl were like :eek::eek: you're NOT going for medicine too .... I mean I'm not a carbon copy of my sister ffs :mad::mad: ! .......

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Same here, not sure if I want my number one at all :/

It's an awful feeling .... I'm thinking of repeating but I haven't told any1 apart from here dont think itd go down well @ home =(

It's an awful feeling .... I'm thinking of repeating but I haven't told any1 apart from here dont think itd go down well @ home =(

I've been going over and over this in my head for the last week or 2 and I think I'm staying with my first choice, because maybe I've just been over thinking this because it's actually here, ya know?
    But if you know for sure you don't want to do your first choice, then there's no point in sticking with it. In 5 years when you have a job in the career you were pushed into, it's gonna be YOU living it, not your family. They'll understand when you explain it to them, don't worry :)

Awh that's nice Aoifey !! I think I'll think about it sime more ... I kind of am allergic to it and could never see myself working as a qualified person in the area but maybe the course would open doors and different careers ..... I'll have to research it 1st . . . .thanks though I hope you like your 1 =]

Okay, well let us know what you decide anyways, good luck with it :)

Aoifey! wrote: »
    Okay, well let us know what you decide anyways, good luck with it :)

thanks Aoifey! I will :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 shenry

English - A1
    Irish - B2
    Maths - B2
    French - B1
    Chemistry - B1
    Biology - A2
    Geography - B2

A grand total of 520 points!! I'm really happy as my intended course (Education, Religion and English - Second Level Teaching at Mater Dei) was only 410 in 2009! My maths and geography teachers want me to appeal, as they are convinced I got higher, but I'm delighted with what I have (despite the fact that I got A1's in Chemistry and Geography in my mocks). I hope everyone else is happy with what they've earned!!:D

Advertisement