Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Maths(H)=C2...was hpoing for a bit more but my course require3d only a C3 so im happy.
    English(H)=C2...never gotten a B in english so it was no surprise.
    Geography=B1...thought I deserved an A but i guess it is geography!!
    Russian=A1...biggest surprise ever!!thought I'd only get like a B2.
    DCG=B3...was hoping for higher but I knew after I did the papaer i was only going to get a low B.
    Physics=B3...pretty happy with this result considering I got a C3 in the mocks:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 ilikesunshine

Yag reuoY wrote: »
    Some of us aspire to better things. :pac:

like trying to spell things backwards properly ?? your eman should spell Yag eruoY :pac:

if you read my later posts I don't wnat to repeat for vanity it's because I don't necessarily want my first choice =p

also your name could be offensive to particular social groups :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭kmhenry

annainez wrote: »
    Most people who do well have worked hard for it and they're proud their efforts paid off. It should be ok to be proud after two years of hard work.
    Some people work extremely hard and they don't feel it paid off but they should be proud too.

agreed...people who are proud of their results should be able to post their results if they want to! the only person who knows if those people are bragging or lying is the person themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seany2k10

i only got 60 points :( now i have to repeet lol

And btw mod, you deleted my comment for the 3rd time. I just want to know why?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ClaireXx

Bookmarked wrote: »
    i only got 530 and 160 in hpat, so 690 in total :( goodbye medicine :(

i got 708 overall so i'm in the same situation as you.:( Have you considered repeating??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

seany2k10 wrote: »
    i only got 60 points :( now i have to repeet lol

And btw mod, you deleted my comment for the 3rd time. I just want to know why?
    Fine! Explain to us how you only got 60 points, then?

Especially as you seem to be waiting for your Junior Cert results?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Is that not 6 d2s(OL)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kellyr

HOBO123 wrote: »
    i got 495 today which im not to sure im happy with as i really wanted veterinary .. i am seriously considering repeating but does anyone else think that a jump from 495 to 555 or 560 is just too far-fetched and slightly ambitious?
    the subjects i picked this year were not my favourite and i would not consider repeating some of my worst ones but im still not to sure if i should just take a different course or repeat?? i think im just too worried ill not reach my goal 2nd time round :(

p.s dont get me wrong i realise that i got a fair amount of points and i did work hard all year so i am happy with what i got .. just not happy being anything else but a vet :)

I think its definitely possible! maybe drop the subjects you don't like and consider ag science and some of the 'easier' subjects, also its very relevant to veterinary (being a vet student myself). If you have your heart set on it, anything is possible!!!!!! good luck

theowen wrote: »
    Is that not 6 d2s(OL)?
    Seeing as he is in the JC forum enquiring when the results are out, and predicting his results therein, would you not be smelling fish? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Seeing as he is in the JC forum enquiring when the results are out, and predicting his results therein, would you not be smelling fish? ;)
    Indeed! Why people troll bemuses me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Dafydd Thomas

I know someone who got 45 points. That's an achievement in itself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I know someone who got 45 points. That's an achievement in itself.

Boards isn't representative of the whole LC population. For some people 45 points would be a genuine achievement. Don't be so quick to deride!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

dambarude wrote: »
    Boards isn't representative of the whole LC population. For some people 45 points would be a genuine achievement. Don't be so quick to deride!
    Not to sound like a total pr1ck here, but there's very, very few that would think that. I'd say most would be leaning towards 'impressively bad'.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Not to sound like a total pr1ck here, but there's very, very few that would think that. I'd say most would be leaning towards 'impressively bad'.

It depends on the context, but there are people out there for whom achieving enough passes in the Leaving Cert to obtain 45 points would be an achievement. Just because many people here obtain 400/500+, or others achieve less due to being 'lazy' doesn't mean that 45 points is something to be laughed at.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

There are people who do not even sit a Junior Cert.

Some of the happiest people leaving a centre close to me were adults who had left school at 13 many years ago and were now walking out with a D in OL Leaving Cert. English. They didn't apply for college, they won't be waiting on anything on Monday.

I would certainly consider their achievement as much greater than someone who is literate, from a supportive family, got grinds paid for, has their own room, possibly their own computer and got 550 points.

The world is a lot bigger than boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

spurious wrote: »
    There are people who do not even sit a Junior Cert.

Some of the happiest people leaving a centre close to me were adults who had left school at 13 many years ago and were now walking out with a D in OL Leaving Cert. English. They didn't apply for college, they won't be waiting on anything on Monday.

I would certainly consider their achievement as much greater than someone who is literate, from a supportive family, got grinds paid for, has their own room, possibly their own computer and got 550 points.

The world is a lot bigger than boards.ie.
    I would think that's rather dismissive if the effort put in by those people who got 550 points etc, to say that it is "much greater". Certainly it is dependent on the situation, and I'm not saying it isn't a great success for those who went back and did their LC after years out, but saying it is much greater than someone who worked their ass off to get medicine or whatever is a ridiculous suggestion.

And not everyone who did well got grinds paid for or owns their own computer or went to private school, either. I had none of those things and got 580.

I don't think it's fair to dismiss any result, whether it be 50 or 500 points somebody had to put work in to to get it. Obviously circumstances differ, and as Spurious has said some LCers don't have the good fortune to have the resources that others have available to them, but that doesn't mean their achievement is automatically superior.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 seany2k10

I didn't study enough?? :rolleyes: sersiously tho i dint study any thing and i failed maths irish and biology :(

And my bro and i share an account ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Xtina!!

Out of curiosity, have any statistics been published as of yet on the percentage of people who got A1s etc in particular subjects? When I sat my leaving cert last year these were out the day results came out, e.g. around 3.8% got A1s in HL english, geography and business, around 8% in HL maths, my memory is a bit hazy though so cant really remember...has there been any such thing out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Xtina!! wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, have any statistics been published as of yet on the percentage of people who got A1s etc in particular subjects? When I sat my leaving cert last year these were out the day results came out, e.g. around 3.8% got A1s in HL english, geography and business, around 8% in HL maths, my memory is a bit hazy though so cant really remember...has there been any such thing out this year?
    They were out the day of results this year too.Guess you just missed them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭lc2010

Xtina!! wrote: »

http://examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=st&sc=r10

lc2010 wrote: »

Thanks for that! Forgot all about this, was only looking at it a few months ago too.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

lc2010 wrote: »
    There's nothing on the website yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Do you get marking schemes when you view scripts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Do you get marking schemes when you view scripts ?
    Yes.

Also the marking schemes will be put up on examinations.ie on the day of the appeals for anyone curious.

seany2k10 wrote: »
    And my bro and i share an account ;)
    Accounts are free, it's just a matter of registering. Tell your brother to get his own account, show him how to set it up if necessary.

Believe me, sharing an account with someone will cause you nothing but grief ... just like in this case, mods and indeed other users will presume you're trolling / acting the b****x.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ruski wrote: »
    There's nothing on the website yet.

These are the 2010 provisional results:
    http://examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2010/Provisional_Results_2010_excluding_subjects_with_less_than_10_candidates.pdf
    (.pdf file)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

Forgot to post my results here, guess Ill just do it now. (475 points)
    All higher level subjects

English - D2 - epic fail, thought Id get a B2 or so..
    Irish - B3 - I dont know how i didn't get a B1 at least, all of it was so easy.
    French - B3 - Not bad at all
    German - A1 - easy as pie
    Maths - C2 - easy peasy, too bad I never did any work
    Biology - B3 - Impossible to do so bad with the easiest exam paper ever..
    Tech Graph - B2 - Surprise here, I guess my project was A1 then.
    Art - C1 - Worthless subject, Art history should be burned.

Very happy with 475 points without any work done in the 2 years.
    If it wasnt for german id be screwed haha! (im fluent in it)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

I was really disappointed with English as well! I got a C2, 3 grades lower than any of my other subjects! And I got a B1 in the mocks! :eek: It's really strange, all of the people in my class who were really good got C's, and the people who our teacher said had to work harder to sit Higher Level, they got B's! I don't know if i'll appeal it or not though. I don't need the points, and it's unlikely that it'd go up 4 grades, so unless it does go up 4 grades, I won't be using it. What should I do?

Advertisement