Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Animation or nothing :L. I have my heart set on it! Are you doing anything specific?
    For my mocks I got the highest in my class for the art history section with 107/150 and this really obnoxious pr*** in our class got 87/150 and was all 'How did I not get 150!My answers were perfect!'. Both me and him got tied best results in the class as well :cool: I was just shocked at myself more than 'oh i'm THAT good' like he was. But still not comparing anything, the mocks was the mocks nothing else :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

Ooh animation!:D I was thinking Fine Art at first and now I'm going more along the lines of digital art and graphic design. Have a year to figure that out.

Yeah I was surprized how well the pres went, it has to be too good to be true like! And where the hell was Newgrange on that paper!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    the mocks was the mocks nothing else :L

I'm positive my results from the Leaving will be lower than what I got in my mocks. Even though I studied so much harder things just didn't go well when they needed to.

I sort of want my results now instead of waiting another 2 weeks, the wait is killing me!

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

Newgrange is evil. I had a really strong suspicion they'd tie in either bronze or iron in with it anyway so I studied all three but still, it was a lot of Luck =/.
    Fine arts sounds really interesting though! I'd love to do it in the future if I could afford it!
    Eeek nearly two weeks til the results now =(. The suspense and pressure is killing me now..it's becoming worse than the actual leaving!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 I Found Nemo

I thought I was the only one thinking I've done worse in the actual Leaving Cert! In a way I want them now, and in another I dont want them at all. Boland and Newgrange betrayed me haha. Thank god I studied Rich!

I went with the whole "A woman poet has to come up" and studied them two the most. Stupid gamble!

I like Fine art but I'm beginning to think it might be too confining somehow:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

i like pie wrote: »
    last night i was freaking about what i'm going to wear that morning!! totally dreading it:(

Brilliant! This is exactly what I would say, I don't see the point in worrying about the results because good or bad, what's done is done and we can't change that.

Goold luck everyone though anyway.

=)

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i dont if people have visite some college websites but I have looked at ucds website and they have timeteable for oranation week(spell) and other things abt that week
    http://www.ucd.ie/incomingstudents/o...imetables.html

i want to ask how many pple have science in ucd down and where on the cao did you put it?...like first choice etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

This day three weeks we will hopefully be accepting our CAO offers.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

ORLALADUCK! Im doing animation drawing studies in bcfe.......
    want to be my friend???hahah
    :cool:

I hope I do well in Art just to piss off my teacher...
    I did really well in the mock (highest in the class:D) and my teacher had called me a slacker to my parents and told them I wasnt doing any work... so i hope I get the same again, mwahahah.. Ooh second of August already :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭Cook!eMonster

oh god I hadnt really thought of it. I was one of those people who "actually didnt care" and my god am i regretting it big time now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

ayumi wrote: »
    i want to ask how many pple have science in ucd down and where on the cao did you put it?...like first choice etc

I have it fifth, don't know if i'll be doing it or not but wouldn't rule it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

Want them. Don't want them. AAARRGGHHH why didn't I work more?!

Want them. Don't want them. I wish time would hurry up. I wish time would stop going so quickly!

The above describes pretty much all that I've been thinking since the LC ended...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 repeat92

jesus christ im like actualy ****tin a brick man.. last yr when i went to get my results i was nervous but i think this yr im gonna be even worse.. theresw nothin like the feeling of dissapoinment when u dont get the points you want. i hope this year i get what i want.. im gonna be pessemistic about my results that way if i do **** i wont be dissapointed..

people dont compare your mocks results to the actual l.c.. the mocks were way easier and this yr exams are gonna be marked harder.. the bell curve has been removed because there has been such a high failure rate.. especially english..if u think u did well i would suggest u lower your expectations about what you got in tht subject!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

repeat92 wrote: »
    this yr exams are gonna be marked harder.. the bell curve has been removed because there has been such a high failure rate.. especially english..if u think u did well i would suggest u lower your expectations about what you got in tht subject!!!!!!

You obviously didn't read that thread over in the teachers forum, where does who were correcting exams said that the marking schemes were very "student friendly".

Relax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Absolutely ****tin it!! If I was getting my results the week after my last exam I wouldn't have lost any sleep, now though, its a completely different story! Usually whenever I think I did well I do worse than expected and vice versa, like 9 times out of 10 I dont get anywhere near what I'm expecting. That's really bad because I thought I comfortably got my points halfway through my last exam (Primary Teaching)! The only upside is that no one is expecting me to do well (including my effing mum). Like I got 415 in the mocks and cheated in 2 exams and kind of lost interest after that - thought there was no point in trying like! But I skipped school in May and went studying in the college library with a few lads and that literaly SAVED my leaving cert!!! Urgh, I cant bear the thought of repeating - makes me uneasy!! Really, REALLY regretting taking the piss out of the repeats last year! ................ And i know, I'm the last person that deserves my course!!

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

The only exam i'm actually worried about is OL maths just praying I scraped a pass ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Duffman'05

Can't take any more waiting. Must. Have. CAO. Now.

How do you kill the slowest 19 days of your life??:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Duffman'05 wrote: »
    Can't take any more waiting. Must. Have. CAO. Now.

How do you kill the slowest 19 days of your life??:rolleyes:
    Alcohol, drugs, parties, pubs, clubs, sleep, and the Internet.

Or you could do something productive, but where's the fun in that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

James_LWAU wrote: »
    The only exam i'm actually worried about is OL maths just praying I scraped a pass ;)
    I'm the exact same. It's the only subject I fear I failed. I don't exactly feel overly confident about OL Irish but I think I did enough to get a pass atleast.

Can't believe the results are two weeks from tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sarahelizabeth

hurry up cao offers 19days il b up at 6o'clock. need 2 no were im going to college its doing my head in. ive been thinkn bout the results everyday since i finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

im really on the edge right now,i have passed the sumer but now 2 weeks to the results im nervous and thinking back on the exams and what I have of achieved in them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 sarahelizabeth

i passed the summer fine to but its jus now that i no there so close im jusg really anxious i thought about them everyday but i never worried. i jus really want them now

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I'm the exact same. It's the only subject I fear I failed. I don't exactly feel overly confident about OL Irish but I think I did enough to get a pass atleast.

Can't believe the results are two weeks from tomorrow.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Sony0050

Cian92 wrote: »
    You obviously didn't read that thread over in the teachers forum, where does who were correcting exams said that the marking schemes were very "student friendly".

Relax.
    could you send me a link for the teacher's forum please:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31 repeat92

Cian92 wrote: »

Relax.

sorry to burst your bubble there cian but my aunt corrects exams and she told me herself.She is on the god damn examining commitee.They are only saying they are going to be "student friendly" to make us all feel better.wait and see :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Your aunt is taking the piss. Both my mom and aunt are teachers, my aunt corrects papers (chemistry) and I know several teachers who correct papers (accounting, geography and English) and all of them told me how easily marked they had to make the exams.
    Regardless, it really doesn't matter from a points perspective how easily or how tough the papers are marked. There will still be the same (roughly) amount of college places, so the best X number of students who apply for a course will still get it, regardless of whether they got 300 or 500 pts. If your "doom and gloom" predictions were accurate, everyones results would go down, so it doesn't matter (unless you are applying for UCAS of course, and require a specific grade).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

why would they remove the bell curve??:confused: that makes absolutely no sense as the point of that is to make sure that half of the country doesn't fail! the marking schemes are adjusted accordingly if there are too many fails and not enough higher grades! sorry but i find that really hard to believe! :rolleyes: anyway a hard exam is better for students rather than an easy exam so stop trying to freak us out please!!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cen92

Do they give the results as:
    English B3
    Maths C1 etc.

or do they give the points you got?
    and do they add up the points or should you bring a calc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Cen92 wrote: »
    Do they give the results as:
    English B3
    Maths C1 etc.

or do they give the points you got?
    and do they add up the points or should you bring a calc.?

Yes, the results are in the format where the subjects are listed and the corresponding grades are opposite. Your results sheet contains no mention of points so I'd definitely advise bringing a calculator to add up your points, although your school may provide some.

I remember last year I opened my results, was horrified, didn't bother adding up my points and when I got home I did it twenty times because I was in complete disbelief. Such a bad day, hopefully this year will be better. :/

Good luck everyone by the way. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

If I recall from last year, there was a table with the documentation that gave you the grade-point breakdown, so you'll only need a calculator to tot it up. I don't know why they don't just do it for you, maybe just some antiquated viewpoint that the Leaving Cert and the CAO are separate entities.

I remember last year, I was happy to calculate that I got 395 points, well over what I had expected. However, I found that I had counted both of my Ordinary level subjects, all seven, rather than the best six that you count. The crippling disappointment of only getting 335, well under what I needed, is still fresh in my memory. Make sure you only calculate your best six - I found it easy to forget with the excitement of it all.

Thankfully, I decided to repeat. Once again, I find myself looking nervously looking forward to the results day, but I learned a lot this year and, more importantly, felt I definitely put the work in. Good luck to everyone getting results - it'll be a memorable day, one way or the other! :pac:

Advertisement