Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭citizenerased1

whats done is done theres no goin back now boyos!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A Changer wrote: »
    I don't know why they don't just do it for you, maybe just some antiquated viewpoint that the Leaving Cert and the CAO are separate entities.

They are, not everyone who does the Leaving Cert. applies for CAO (or any) college places.
    Maybe on boards.ie, they're all headed to college, but thankfully, boards is not representative of the population as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭HOBO123

you guys have me in panic mode :O
    i know i didnt get what i want so its basically a count down til i see it on paper that i wont be getting what i want :(

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I'll be absolutly bricking it opening the envelope, first result i'll look for is maths if I pass that i'll go buck mad !;)

Anyone know what the failure rate of maths was last yr?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Cian92

Sony0050 wrote: »
    could you send me a link for the teacher's forum please:D

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=66848598

I can't view it anymore, i think they moved it because a load of LCers were coming over and annoying them. You can however still view it if you know a few tricks. Or another way is just google this

anyone else correcting exam papers? boards student friendly

and you can see the sentence which says the exams are being corrected in a very student friendly fashion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

Surely all the exans would be corrected by now?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

spurious wrote: »
    They are, not everyone who does the Leaving Cert. applies for CAO (or any) college places.
    Maybe on boards.ie, they're all headed to college, but thankfully, boards is not representative of the population as a whole.

That's true. Still, without any research, I'd assume the people not applying to the CAO, especially with the job situation, are probably in a great minority. I think I'd probably speak for a few when I say, with the excitement of getting the results, I'd love to get that figure delivered to me straight, rather than potentially having the soul-crushing experience of calculating it wrong. I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

James_LWAU wrote: »
    Surely all the exans would be corrected by now?

Yes, the results are usually needed in Athlone for inputting (which is a 24 hour operation) by the end of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

Yeah I did my leaving cert last year and usually your principal will have looked at the results beforehand. He will smile at you if you did good - beware.

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

13 days. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

For the people worried about calculating the points on the day; you wont know how many points you actually needed until the offers come out on the 23rd so theres no need to worry how much you got straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Einstein?

For the people worried about calculating the points on the day; you wont know how many points you actually needed until the offers come out on the 23rd so theres no need to worry how much you got straight away.

lol this reminds me, getting a b1 in hl maths and couldn't add up for shit on the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

I've decided not to open it infront of anyone at the school. Might open it there or somewhere along the way home but not with people around, easier that way.

woo, i wanted to do that too but i didn't wana be the only 1!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

woo, i wanted to do that too but i didn't wana be the only 1!! :)

Hannah!! No you won't be. I'm getting my results(and debs tickets), talking to as few teachers as possible and finding somewhere quiet to do it. I'd say we could do it together but that defeats the purpose :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

i will be avoiding teachers completely!! :(

I'm wondering how many teachers will be there.. but I know the Vice Principal will be giving us our results and as she is my teacher i'm not exactly looking forward to it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

I'm definately really nervous, but i'm not at all worried that I won't get my first choice, because it's fairly low points. The thing that's really bothering me is the expectations of my mom, relatives and the other students! Because I got a little over 500 in the mocks, I think that they all expect me to do better than that. I'll be delighted with whatever I get, I know i've put in the work and i'll get what I get. But I do think i'll be lucky to scrape 500. I'm dreading other people coming up to me asking me what I got and if I get something like 450 (which I think is brilliant), i'll have to watch their faces drop. UGH. Anyone else feel like this? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

Cian92 wrote: »
    Im not sure if I should go in or not... In our school you get called into the principals office, he chats with you and then gives you your results :(. A friend was telling me he went in a few years ago and the principal asked him what did he want to do, he said Veterinary, and then the principal replied well there is no way you will be doing that anyway!

I don't think I want to go through that trauma!

Your poor friend - that is horrible, not to mention unprofessional. Just go in, smile and say "i'm off to open this now, see you later!". It's your big day, your principal shouldn't do that. Best of luck next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭teacher30

i will be avoiding teachers completely!! :(

Don't worry, most teachers don't (bother to!) turn up. Those who do go won't judge you on your results, so please don't be in a panic. We go to watch the happy faces or to support those who are disappointed. Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

LL92 wrote: »
    I'm definately really nervous, but i'm not at all worried that I won't get my first choice, because it's fairly low points. The thing that's really bothering me is the expectations of my mom, relatives and the other students! Because I got a little over 500 in the mocks, I think that they all expect me to do better than that. I'll be delighted with whatever I get, I know i've put in the work and i'll get what I get. But I do think i'll be lucky to scrape 500. I'm dreading other people coming up to me asking me what I got and if I get something like 450 (which I think is brilliant), i'll have to watch their faces drop. UGH. Anyone else feel like this? :confused:
    Yup. I overachieved in the mocks and I know for sure my points have gone down. I'm still fairly satisfied about how things went because I reckon I still got enough points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Yup. I overachieved in the mocks and I know for sure my points have gone down.
    i am the same!! i got the highest points in my school in the pres, but i know i didn't do as well in the lc:rolleyes: teachers are expecting a lot from me, one even told me what she wants me to get and i know that paper didn't go well:( pressure from your parents is bad enough, but from a teacher?? so annoying:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

i like pie wrote: »
    teachers are expecting a lot from me, one even told me what she wants me to get and i know that paper didn't go well:( pressure from your parents is bad enough, but from a teacher?? so annoying:mad:

I know exactly how you feel! My English teacher has deluded herself into thinking that I've some sort of gift and has my whole future planned out for me. Degree from "Trinners" (as she calls it), Masters from Cambridge or Oxford, and Doctorate from Harvard.

I know that I haven'[t got the points for Trinity, and I'm more worried about her reaction than I am about my parents'! It's absolute madness, but the pressure is horrible :(

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I wonder who will be first to post their results on boards.ie !

what time are pple planning to go and get their results ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

ayumi wrote: »

Around 9.30ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭bubblz

not going in to get mine.. not even going to bother going online to see them cuz i know that i haven't done well just gonna wait for my offers on the monday morning

last year when i went in to get my results my career guidance teacher was there & she was like "come in on monday so we can discuss your options.." knew there and then i didnt get my course... :/

I'm going to head in for around 9ish. I've to get my debs tickets and it'll be great to see people (and decide what we're doing that night). When they start to open their results I'll head home and do it somewhere along the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

ayumi wrote: »

11 at the earliest. I am opening the results on the school's pitches.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I agree! I want to see people I haven't seen for a lot of the summer, but I don't want everyone asking me what I got. People are expecting me and another person in my year to do the best, even the teachers, which I know I won't do near as well as I did in my pres, so I fear people will be more interested than usual to know what I got.

I'll go in at 9am and possibly open the results in the car. My mother is saying that what normally happens is the parents wait in the cars outside while we open our results inside with everybody else, but to hell with 'what usually happens'. I'm driving myself and my brother in - having a parent waiting in a car outside will just make me more nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

Oh dear, 8 days :(

• Advertisement

I agree! I want to see people I haven't seen for a lot of the summer, but I don't want everyone asking me what I got. People are expecting me and another person in my year to do the best, even the teachers, which I know I won't do near as well as I did in my pres, so I fear people will be more interested than usual to know what I got.

I'm hoping people will be too preoccupied with their own results to ask me how I did but I do plan on not opening it around people so even if they ask I won't have an answer for them. I'll probably end up talking to my teachers but i'll try to stear the conversations away from the results.
    I'll go in at 9am and possibly open the results in the car. My mother is saying that what normally happens is the parents wait in the cars outside while we open our results inside with everybody else, but to hell with 'what usually happens'. I'm driving myself and my brother in - having a parent waiting in a car outside will just make me more nervous.

I'd love to be able to drive! It's the bus and a long walk for me. All the more time to think about the results : ( Both my parents are in work but i'll have to ring them and let them know eventually.
    shblob wrote: »
    Oh dear, 8 days :(

Just think what we'll all be like this time next week :eek:

Advertisement