Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

whos 18 ?
    just to see whos the youngest on this forum getting their results...im 18 and a month.I know many whos still havent turned 17 yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I'll be 19 in November. I've been told i'm quite old >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I'm not 18 til december and thats after me repeating 5th yr :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

19 in December but what relevance does this have to our results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Im not 18 till February :( My friends who repeated tell me i am too young for 1st year....but to hell with that:D roll on college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

I'll be 20 early next month, so I'm probably amongst the oldest in these here parts.

There's a girl in some of my classes that's still only 16. Being 17 is fine! Though I know some people who were 17 last year decided to defer and do a PLC for the year. It all depends on whether you feel ready, not what age you are.

I'll be getting my results at 09:00. I want them as fast as I can get them, and I'll be leaving as fast! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I turned 19 on the same day as Maths Paper One. Worst. Birthday. Ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

18 in a month! I was 16 last year for the results so I decided that it was probably better off for me to repeat..I was waaay too young for college.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I'm so lucky in the fact some of my parent's friends are visiting from australia on results day so they won't give that much attention to it. I hope :cool::cool:. Seriously beginning to freak out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ChristianLC

I can only imagine the butterflies I'll have in my stomach this day next week. I'm getting really impatient now about the results, I just want to know already. I never knew that some of the teachers will be in the school when we're getting our results. I'll probably talk to a few of them and head home to open my results.

There's so many people from my year that I haven't seen all summer though so more than likely I'll just open the results at the school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

I can only imagine the butterflies I'll have in my stomach this day next week. I'm getting really impatient now about the results, I just want to know already. I never knew that some of the teachers will be in the school when we're getting our results. I'll probably talk to a few of them and head home to open my results.

There's so many people from my year that I haven't seen all summer though so more than likely I'll just open the results at the school.
    i havent seee any of my classmates since the laste exam i had which was economics!

only a week to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

I'll be 19 in November. Out of interest, why is it taing so long to release the results? Surely they have all been marked by now, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭LL92

I'll be 18 the day of the results! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Does anybody else feel more nervous when they read this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭kev9100

Does anybody else feel more nervous when they read this thread?

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

One thing that's nagging me, besides the hurricane in my stomach over the results, is the fact that we have to wait a further week to find out if the results we get are enough for our courses.

Cause I know it'll kill me if I get the points I want then find out in a weeks time that the points have gone up and I didn't get in after all...

Ps. I'm nit 18 till the end of sept

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

How do you think we'll all feel this time next week?;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

Im not worried about these results next wednesday, the CAO offers on the 23rd are all that matter to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

James_LWAU wrote: »
    How do you think we'll all feel this time next week?;)

REsults will be the last thing on my mind...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

This time seven days I'll literaly be sh*ttin myself...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 bnm

I've never been more nervous in my entire life. Haven't slept in a good 72 hours. I know for a fact I won't be able to open that envelope. I'll just be so bitterly disappointed if the last 2 yrs have been in vain, although I more than suspect they have. Bleeeugh the wait is absolute hell :(. PLEEEASE PLEEEASE PLEEEASE let me be somewhat happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i just wish they were out tomorrow, just to get it over with:o but no, we have another week of agony:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I've a feeling this will be the LONGEST WEEK EVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Sure just think if you get your course choice you'll have another 3+ years of the same thing with college exams :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Better that than repeating though!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Ian Beale wrote: »
    Sure just think if you get your course choice you'll have another 3+ years of the same thing with college exams :D

at least you know you can repeat those exams in august! there is no comparison!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

My plan is to get in as early as possible, open 'em alone or with some good friends around, and if anyone asks how I got on; "I'm happy," "I'm content", "I'm a bit disappointed." Basically, I'm not telling randomers how many points I get...I hope. Depends how much of a state I am. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

i like pie wrote: »
    at least you know you can repeat those exams in august! there is no comparison!!!

You can also repeat the lc :cool: if you feck up in college and don't pass an exam and have to repeat the year then your liable for nearly €7000 in fees :eek: A good post on what college exams are like link
    Honestly though lads and lasses, there's plenty of ways to get the course you want even if you don't get the points you need, whether you have to repeat or do a plc course or all the other access routes, there's plenty of options available so try and not stress to much and best of luck to you all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 327 ✭✭zoom!

I dunno why people are so scared... I completely forgot about my results over the summer. I just read it was 7 days away there and I was like wut? If you honestly feel you did ur best then theres nothing to be afraid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

it's hard not to be nervous i guess but the way I see it there's nothing that we can do about it now anyway!!

Advertisement