Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭leavingcert

I dont want mine...
    They can keep them! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

I feel ill when I think about that moment opening the envelope... :( oh god. :(

I know its all done and theres nothing I can do but still its really scary.. I feel like I am dissappointing my parents so much. ugh. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

How cruel would it be if the school used see-through envelopes :p

(I'm aware it doesn't make any sense!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

by the time i've opened the envelope i'll have been crying so much that the sheet will just be a blur:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭barry181091

Anyone else seriously considering not going into the school and just waiting 'til there online ?

The way my summer sleep patterns are, I don't think it will be a problem waiting until 12am :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

How cruel would it be if the school used see-through envelopes :p

(I'm aware it doesn't make any sense!)

Or if they used no envelopes :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

I'm envisioning getting an envelope, and opening it to realise there's nothing inside... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

*voice from The Ring*

Sevennn dayyysss.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Apparently our principal calls us into her office and talks with us then gives us our results.I'm prayin to god its not true.I'll die there waiting

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Doodle53 wrote: »
    Apparently our principal calls us into her office and talks with us then gives us our results.I'm prayin to god its not true.I'll die there waiting

That had better not happen in our school! I can imagine the principal saying something like 'well done' and me getting my hopes up, only to realise that I don't have enough points for my first or second choice.

There's over 140 in my year, so I'm not sure that it's feasible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

I'm getting more nervous as the days pass :(

I'm not 18 til March 23rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭whelpy

Orlaladuck wrote: »
    Don't worry about it, everyone comes up from the pres :).

I agree, however when you compare the pres and the real papers this year, seems as though the real papers were written by a rabid badger IMO (''cough art history chemistry maths).

Guess thats a bit ott but shur the marking scheme was kinder ''touch wood''

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 monkeybusness2

im absolutly terrified abot opening my results :( feel like crying even thinking about it but for a different reason many people are nervous about..i know i should get my course of arts in galway as i got the points for it in the mocks but the thing is i changed my first choice of primary teaching in marino at the last min to arts as i was so unsure if i wanted to be a teacher and the fact that i always loved the thought of going to college in galway and the plain reason that i dont know what i want to do with my life!!and arts gives you the choice to do many things..i was going to do arts in ul as its smaler lectures and the points are about average 70/80 more than other colleges because of limited places but i went with galway,1 of the lowest and largest arts coures..im terrified that i get points that would mean that i could have went to marino or limerick because i will begin to think ive made a mistake and as well my father made me feel like i made the biggest mistake of my life by not chosen primary or arts in ul.i just dont want to be looking back in 4yrs time when im finished and regeting not going for primary..i just hope i havent made 1 of the biggest mistakes of my life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

im absolutly terrified abot opening my results :( feel like crying even thinking about it but for a different reason many people are nervous about..i know i should get my course of arts in galway as i got the points for it in the mocks but the thing is i changed my first choice of primary teaching in marino at the last min to arts as i was so unsure if i wanted to be a teacher and the fact that i always loved the thought of going to college in galway and the plain reason that i dont know what i want to do with my life!!and arts gives you the choice to do many things..i was going to do arts in ul as its smaler lectures and the points are about average 70/80 more than other colleges because of limited places but i went with galway,1 of the lowest and largest arts coures..im terrified that i get points that would mean that i could have went to marino or limerick because i will begin to think ive made a mistake and as well my father made me feel like i made the biggest mistake of my life by not chosen primary or arts in ul.i just dont want to be looking back in 4yrs time when im finished and regeting not going for primary..i just hope i havent made 1 of the biggest mistakes of my life :(
    Hey don't worry about it. Just because you plumped for Arts instead of Primary does not mean that you are therefore barred from trying to become a Primary school teacher.There are so many ways into it. And Galway is a WONDERFUL city to live in,it's always buzzing and if nothing else you will have a great time. And another thing, nobody should make you feel like you made a mistake.And look it,Repeating isn't so bad. After all,I repeated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Im considering going in later then the rest of them on the day tbh...
    I cant be arsed dealing with the whole "OMG i got 6 A's and didnt even study" sh*te that goes on on those sort of days... :mad:
    Whats worse though is that my principal is a gobby sort and would be one of the "come into my office and we'll have a chat about the results" types... uuugggh the effort! :p

Anywhoo G.luck peep's of boards! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

i will begin to think ive made a mistake and as well my father made me feel like i made the biggest mistake of my life by not chosen primary or arts in ul.i just dont want to be looking back in 4yrs time when im finished and regeting not going for primary..i just hope i havent made 1 of the biggest mistakes of my life :(

You can do primary teaching as a graduate following your Arts degree.
    There is ALWAYS more than one way to get the course you want.

Your father is trying to help I'm sure, but look at the effect he's having on you.

Even if you did a four year course in basket-weaving, you could still go back and do primary teaching. It is really not worth getting yourself distressed over.

There is always another way.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

5 days, 20 hours, 56 minutes, 14 seconds...................

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Im considering going in later then the rest of them on the day tbh...
    I cant be arsed dealing with the whole "OMG i got 6 A's and didnt even study" sh*te that goes on on those sort of days... :mad:
    Whats worse though is that my principal is a gobby sort and would be one of the "come into my office and we'll have a chat about the results" types... uuugggh the effort! :p

Anywhoo G.luck peep's of boards! :)

Being dreading that myself. But i'm just not going to listen to them. Just going to look at my results all i want is 300 and if i get it i will be delighted, f*£k people gettin 500points.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭felic

I remember that on the morning i went to get my results. Was disgusted with what i got and the principal didnt help by asking 'what were uhoping for... hmmm.. well u didnt get that!'. Felt like an utter failure! And it didnt help that the secretary came along when we were waiting our turn to go in and took the only 2 people who got over 550 points away to take pictures!!!!
    Then coming out almost on the verge of tears and everyone looking at me.. 'so did u get all A's?'. I was allergic! Id say if you can get them online.. do it that way... alone in a room with a closed door so u dont have to deal with the nosey people wanting to know before u even know urself!!!

But whatever... the results arent the be all and end all and there are so many options available to people right now. And just because you might think you have the right level of points... u still wont know if its enough till the cao offers start coming out.
    SO deep breaths, relax.. dont panick.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i have read the posts before and I agree,I feel that alot in exams etc and I would like to add something,everyone is different and they may get points lowere then othes but thats what they were aiming for and wanting to this amount of points.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    You can do primary teaching as a graduate following your Arts degree.
    There is ALWAYS more than one way to get the course you want.

Your father is trying to help I'm sure, but look at the effect he's having on you.

Even if you did a four year course in basket-weaving, you could still go back and do primary teaching. It is really not worth getting yourself distressed over.

There is always another way.

i know your right,its just a very stressfull and confusing time.im nearly a 100% i made the right choice as i didnt even know if i wanted to be a teacher.im just going to get the most out of and make the most of my course,thats all i can do...thanks for the advice

Hey don't worry about it. Just because you plumped for Arts instead of Primary does not mean that you are therefore barred from trying to become a Primary school teacher.There are so many ways into it. And Galway is a WONDERFUL city to live in,it's always buzzing and if nothing else you will have a great time. And another thing, nobody should make you feel like you made a mistake.And look it,Repeating isn't so bad. After all,I repeated!

i definly dnt want to repeat as im 19 now,20 in may..im going to make the most of my course and enjoy galway,thats all i do.i wasnt even sure if i wanted to be a primary teacher:/no point worrying about it now i suppose..tanks for the advice

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

I'm dreading going in, not only because I don't want them back but because my Vice Principal is one of my teachers and I'd rather she didn't see my results >.< I know she'll have a lot on her mind and my results arn't exactly the most important thing for her but if I've been getting great results for the last two years she'll be expecting something great. :(

Why do you give a **** what she thinks? It's nothing to do with her, their your results so **** what anyone else thinks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sarah93

That had better not happen in our school! I can imagine the principal saying something like 'well done' and me getting my hopes up, only to realise that I don't have enough points for my first or second choice.

There's over 140 in my year, so I'm not sure that it's feasible.
    I don't think it happens in schools where there are several hundred of students receiving results, for example, last year there was 250+ students at my school who are getting their results and the principle just handed them out at reception.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Why do you give a **** what she thinks? It's nothing to do with her, their your results so **** what anyone else thinks!

Easier said than done! I don't care what everybody else thinks but I've spent the last 6 years with some teachers and they know me inside and out. They know how I did in class tests and mocks and they know how hard i've worked and what grade I'd be expecting to get.

I'd obviously be disappointed if I didn't get certain results in certain subjects but my teachers would be too. They've worked with me and pushed me to do well so I do care if I've made them a little disappointed. It's not the end of the world and it won't last too long but I think it's acceptable to want them to be happy with my grades after all of the work I put in.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Apparently our principal does the same. If he even tries I'll just walk away.
    I don't care that much, but if I do useless and have him act snooby then I'mma be really mad.
    The following Monday is the day I can't wait for.

According to some of my friends, the Sunday papers publish the points needed for the courses the day before! Is this true? Will we know that we will/won't get an offer before CAO actually offer / don't offer our courses to us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

I remember last year people got the Monday morning supplements early and posted them up on here..i think after/about 1am onwards. Let's hope the same happens this year:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

This morning I was leaving a house full of people after the Debs. As I left someone said "Good luck on Wednesday" and about 3 or 4 people said "Why? What's on Wednesday?"

Now really, isn't that the way we all should be?

(I hope they all remember to get their results on Wednesday)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

I dreamt last night I got terrible results, but it turned out they gave me my pre results again by mistake. :/

Advertisement