Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

Easier said than done! I don't care what everybody else thinks but I've spent the last 6 years with some teachers and they know me inside and out. They know how I did in class tests and mocks and they know how hard i've worked and what grade I'd be expecting to get.

I'd obviously be disappointed if I didn't get certain results in certain subjects but my teachers would be too. They've worked with me and pushed me to do well so I do care if I've made them a little disappointed. It's not the end of the world and it won't last too long but I think it's acceptable to want them to be happy with my grades after all of the work I put in.

aww!! i think i can guess what teachers you're talking bout here!! :)
    i REALLY don't wana disappoint them either!! We really had some amazing teachers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

Guys i'm 21 and this is my third and final time as the old man says "thank god you're not aloud to sit the L.C anymore its costing me a fortune", the scabby ****er!!. Basically I'm like really nervous but whatever its only the L.C and i'm going to the summmer blowout leaving cert party 2010. whooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

aww!! i think i can guess what teachers you're talking bout here!! :)
    i REALLY don't wana disappoint them either!! We really had some amazing teachers....

Yeah I think you can! It's true, we've had some pretty amazing teachers :cool: I'll definintely miss it. Hoping we won't disappoint but they're pretty understanding and know it was difficult. Nothing we can do now, it's a waiting game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭pfannkuchen

I dreamt last night that one of my favourite singers, Chris Daughtry, was collecting his results with me. Losing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

4 days, 15 hours, 1 minute, 10 seconds..................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Would it ever hurry the fúck up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

ayumi wrote: »
    4 days, 15 hours, 1 minute, 10 seconds..................

We know but we don't need such an over the top countdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

unknown13 wrote: »
    We know but we don't need such an over the top countdown.

Ah, we do. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

I got a letter from my school today saying not to come in for results before 10 o'clock... like wtf? :confused: i was going to find it hard enough to wait til 9 never mind 10! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Ditzie wrote: »
    I got a letter from my school today saying not to come in for results before 10 o'clock... like wtf? :confused: i was going to find it hard enough to wait til 9 never mind 10! :eek:

oh god that's so annoying and unfair:( waiting until nine is going to be hard enough but i don't think i could handle until ten!! i'll be at the school before nine i'd say:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 theverminator5

thank god i done ty or id be getting them

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

I'd rather be receiving them than just starting 5th or 6th yr :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Ditzie wrote: »

That's because they have to process the results within the school first.
    Are there a lot of people in your year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm so nervous, this is absolutely ridiculous. I shouldn't be so anxious!

Are any schools letting us come in before 9??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

Are any schools letting us come in before 9??

it depends what time the post is in, how early the school will collect the post (or get it delivered), how many teachers will be around to put the results into the envelopes and how many students are in the year! most schools give nine as the earliest time the results will be ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

i like pie wrote: »
    it depends what time the post is in, how early the school will collect the post (or get it delivered), how many teachers will be around to put the results into the envelopes and how many students are in the year! most schools give nine as the earliest time the results will be ready.
    I'd imagine the results come by courier rather than the post - imagine if they got lost:eek::eek::eek:!!!

THFC wrote: »
    I'd imagine the results come by courier rather than the post - imagine if they got lost:eek::eek::eek:!!!

That would be hilarious. You know those steel boxes the exams come in? The ones that look like they've been shot at and been involved in numerous bomb blasts?

Maybe that's what happens with the results. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

That would be hilarious. You know those steel boxes the exams come in? The ones that look like they've been shot at and been involved in numerous bomb blasts?

Haha, nice. I think they're from the First World War. :D

They certainly look it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nadia4

what happens if you forgot to put your exam number on a paper? the superintendent surely would have noticed and fixed the problem? as they have to file then numerically?...:) slightly worried..advice please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

This is the first time I've had the balls to properly venture into this forum since my last exam. I've just read the whole thread :)

Seriously think I might just wait until 12 and read them online. By myself, in my own house with a cuppa is probably preferably to being surrounded by people, teachers and the "Got 6A1s and I did SFA study" sh*t. Maybe it's just me, but I'd NEVER ask someone "what you get?" I'd feel like like a pr*ck if it turned out they didn't get what they needed or wanted.

Think I'd prefer if the SEC sent out the results to your house via registered post or something. Next Sunday night should be fun-ish. Sure we'll all be here into the wee hours! I remember last year I was browsing a CAO offers thread and it was buzzing all day and night and even though it wasn't my LC it was fun to watch coming up to 6am! Although maybe thats because I was observing, I'll probably find it torture this year.

Good Luck Guys:)

nadia4 wrote: »
    what happens if you forgot to put your exam number on a paper? the superintendent surely would have noticed and fixed the problem? as they have to file then numerically?...:) slightly worried..advice please

Very good question.. Also what if you put the wrong exam number down..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I just feel apathetic about it today. Probably will be stressing out beyond belief again tomorrow though. Ah, I just want to get it over with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 nadia4

Very good question.. Also what if you put the wrong exam number down..?

i would assume they surely have some kind of system in place to deal with this. the corrector would work on the papers in order so if one was out of place it would immediately be noticed and fixed...they have the marking sheet as well i think with all the numbers! if there is a massive mix up..possibly they go back to your teacher and ask for an average grade from class tests, xmas tests, pres etc..
    It would be the superintendents responsibility though to ensure there in proper numerical order etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Does your results have your CAO points score on them, or do you have to stand there for a minute after you get them figuring out how many points you got?

I'll bring a calculator with me:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

No, AFAIK it doesn't, as the CAO is a separate institution. So bring a calculator!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

It definitely doesn't have the points on it. Bring a calculator, and maybe even a printed sheet with what each grade is worth - you might not be able to think 100% logically when you are looking at results and wondering are they enough for your course(s).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

It definitely doesn't have the points on it. Bring a calculator, and maybe even a printed sheet with what each grade is worth - you might not be able to think 100% logically when you are looking at results and wondering are they enough for your course(s).
    Well, whether or not they are enough cannot be known for sure until the offers come out, of course... :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

THFC wrote: »

They come by post but most delivery offices in recent years send out a special 'results only' postman/woman to make sure the schools get them as early as possible.
    In some schools the Principal, Deputy Principal or an Assistant Principal goes and collects them from the delivery office.

Advertisement