Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RESULTS 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭A Changer

On the page with your results, the opposite side will have a grade to point table. There's no need to bring your own. Unless flipping the page over and over annoys you, which is likely, considering the excitement on the day. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Maybe_Memories

How is everyone killing the next three days? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

i'm staying away from the computer because i'm only getting annoyed by ppl on facebook who are destined for 600 points saying "oh i did so badly, i hope i didn't fail anything" it's so annoying:(

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭stainluss

Watching films takes my mind off of it, I'm not going to the pub again until Wednesday;)
    i like pie wrote: »
    ppl on facebook who are destined for 600 points saying "oh i did so badly, i hope i didn't fail anything"

I would love to beat these people with a large stick :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Hannah Emilie

Is anyone else noticing that it seems to take about a week for 1 day to go by??? Wtf wednesday... stop hanging around and hurry the hell up!!!!!:confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Going out tonight, spending tomorrow evening with my girlfriend, have to get doctor's and opticians' reports for my provisional license Monday, going to the Fleadh Cheoil in Cavan on Tuesday. My week is nicely planned out. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I should probably spend the next three days searching for money for going out Wednesday night. I always feel bad withdrawing money from the savings account (you know that one that we've all had since our Communion!)

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Orlaladuck

I should probably spend the next three days searching for money for going out Wednesday night. I always feel bad withdrawing money from the savings account (you know that one that we've all had since our Communion!)

LMAO I have that account as well still..It's never been empty so it's still got the communion money as well lol.
    I have my bf over until friday and I'm sorting everything out for my debs which has taken my mind off everything but still dreading it D=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭Ditzie

spurious wrote: »
    That's because they have to process the results within the school first.
    Are there a lot of people in your year?

not really, there's 70

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Conor108 wrote: »
    Sure we'll all be here into the wee hours! I remember last year I was browsing a CAO offers thread and it was buzzing all day and night and even though it wasn't my LC it was fun to watch coming up to 6am! Although maybe thats because I was observing, I'll probably find it torture this year.

I did the exact same thing!! I didn't have an account yet but I was on the threads every two minutes, definintely seemed a lot easier last year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Conor108 wrote: »
    Think I'd prefer if the SEC sent out the results to your house via registered post or something. Next Sunday night should be fun-ish. Sure we'll all be here into the wee hours! I remember last year I was browsing a CAO offers thread and it was buzzing all day and night and even though it wasn't my LC it was fun to watch coming up to 6am! Although maybe thats because I was observing, I'll probably find it torture this year.

Good Luck Guys:)

I don't think it will be that crazy. Last year we had alot of issues with the LC, IE the Cancelled paper. I can't see many staying up until 6am tbh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Hopefully the points will be posted up on the internet, from one of the papers beforehand. That way we will know what to expect.

I'm probably just going to stay up all that night. Although I wouldn't want to accidentally accept my Level 7 offer when I meant Level 8 due to sleep deprivation, but it probably wouldn't happen!

This time 3days nine hours.... i'll prob be passing out!!

This time 3days nine hours.... i'll prob be passing out!!

I'll be there to catch you! Maybe.. depends, what time you going in for? :P

Hopefully the points will be posted up on the internet, from one of the papers beforehand. That way we will know what to expect.

I hope I don't see them because I'm under DARE and I haven't got a clue what the situation is come offers time.

haha, dunno!! probably early enough coz i'll just wana get it over with! mayb between half 9 and 10? do you know if you're defo gonna go in?

You aren't going to lose your place if you go to bed and wake up at a reasonable hour on offers day but you could really fúck it up if you do stay up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

ah i cant wait! wish it was just here ffs!:D
    cant see myself sleeping at all on tuesday and sunday night! hope everything goes to plan for everyone....:) we'l do great!

haha, dunno!! probably early enough coz i'll just wana get it over with! mayb between half 9 and 10? do you know if you're defo gonna go in?

I've to go in and get the Debs tickets so i'll probably go in for about 9, depending on the bus and all that. Sure i don't have much to do after that until 6ish so i might stay around and see you, not going to open until I leave though :D

I've to go in and get the Debs tickets so i'll probably go in for about 9, depending on the bus and all that. Sure i don't have much to do after that until 6ish so i might stay around and see you, not going to open until I leave though :D

i haven't decided where i'm gonna open them! i just know i'll wana be by myself... maybe in the toilets!! haha :P

• Advertisement

i haven't decided where i'm gonna open them! i just know i'll wana be by myself... maybe in the toilets!! haha :P

So if you don't show for the hard rock later that day i'll know you've passed out in the toilets? :pac:
    I'm not sure either, might do it on the bus and scare some random people by crying/laughing or screaming! Ok no i'll do it on Gracepark more than likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭stacexD

150 something in ours and every year the principal and year head call you in one by one to the office and give you your results! Then the principal asks you if your gonna open them there and if you want him to add up the results while the year head stands there with a box of tissues lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

If your school is one of the ones where you have to go into the principals office and they give you your envelope, make sure you add up the points yourself! I know a good few people from school last year who were told a wrong figure, either giving them false hope about getting their course or making them really upset....and some of them didn't even bother to double check it and didn't cop til the offers came out! Clearly maths wasn't the principals strong point...:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,118 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

unknown13 wrote: »
    I don't think it will be that crazy. Last year we had alot of issues with the LC, IE the Cancelled paper. I can't see many staying up until 6am tbh
    Well im not because im going out saturday night so i'll be fast asleep at 6am!
    unknown13 wrote: »
    I hope I don't see them because I'm under DARE and I haven't got a clue what the situation is come offers time.
    Im under that too, I think that as long as you meet the minimum entry requirements you get the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭i like pie

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Well im not because im going out saturday night so i'll be fast asleep at 6am!

offers don't come out until monday morning at 6am!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

IIRC, the points were scanned onto boards at about 4am last year, offers were made on the CAO website at 6 and the hard copy came in the post at 12 or so. there's the timeline. :p

All nighter in store, woot!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Sophia91

So wat exactly happens with the offers? like do we call up the college to see if we get in or do they call us or do you look up something on the internet?? I'm very confused lol!!!:D

IIRC, the points were scanned onto boards at about 4am last year, offers were made on the CAO website at 6 and the hard copy came in the post at 12 or so. there's the timeline. :p

All nighter in store, woot!

Thanks! I'm definitely staying up all night in that case! The thought of the offers make me just as nervous as the results!
    Sophia91 wrote: »
    So wat exactly happens with the offers? like do we call up the college to see if we get in or do they call us or do you look up something on the internet?? I'm very confused lol!!!:D

You log into your CAO account after 6am and it will tell you which courses you have been offered. Have a look at the CAO sticky at the top of this forum it explained everything to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Sophia91 wrote: »
    If you're talking about the CAO, then you just check the website, you'll be able to see your offers and accept them there. If you're talking about UCAS though, I have no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭James_LWAU

****! I forgot my CAO number :confused:

Advertisement