Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

september 28th, a tuesday

Options
  • 26-07-2010 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭

Universe is returning and as ive been hearing itll will on on tuesdays this year, i think this is a good move for syfy, tuesday should deffinately draw in better ratings,

also it will run with season 3 of santcuary, which also has 20 episodes this season,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

yeah, it's on a tuesday. should mean better ratings than the death-slot on fridays anyway, though it means it's got more competition for ratings as well.

63 days, 23 hours, 53 mins, 30 secs to go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

whiteman19 wrote: »
    yeah, it's on a tuesday. should mean better ratings than the death-slot on fridays anyway, though it means it's got more competition for ratings as well.

63 days, 23 hours, 53 mins, 30 secs to go :D

So long to go.... so very very long!

now-is-the-winter-of-our-discount-tent.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I'm not uber excited like i am for other shows, but as stated i like SGU much more then the other SG shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Jaysus I didn't realise how soon its back. 2 months is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Just had it in my head it wasn't till next year. Delighted.

Wish they'd bring out the bleedin soundtrack.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭builder22

GSPfan wrote: »

Wish they'd bring out the bleedin soundtrack.

Agreed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,350 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I just hate how they put it at the very rectum of September just so they could say COMING IN SEPTEMBER to get you all hyped up stupidly premature.

I prefer to think of it as October. And then you're like Oh, Octobers a coming and then its like Oh wait its not even October! This is Awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Wait, what??

Am i getting this all wrong or am i just delerious from lack of sleep.....................................but wasn't Series 1 of SGU on Tuesday nights anyway on Sky1, or am i missing something??

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Wait, what??

Am i getting this all wrong or am i just delerious from lack of sleep.....................................but wasn't Series 1 of SGU on Tuesday nights anyway on Sky1, or am i missing something??
    It aired in the US on Fridays and in the UK on the following Tuesday.
    Now it will air in the US on Tuesday and in the UK.... we don't know yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Ahhhhhh, ye were talking about the US airdates.....sorry, my bad.

Cheers for the clarification ixoy

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

we nearly there :D me so happy :D that 3 month mid-season interval makes all the more sense now :D

• Advertisement

but were NOT there. And you're a day early for my usual countdown..

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

Overheal wrote: »
    but were NOT there. And you're a day early for my usual countdown..

Well my countdown is better cause its already begun :P we're so close i can almost see it ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Don't forget to obey the charter rules when discussing new episodes!

Chevron 1 Encoded

Chevron 1 Locked

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Chevron 1 Locked
    please dont watch season 2 till youve at least watched the 10 seasons of SG-1, i am embarresed for you :D:o

don ramo wrote: »
    please dont watch season 2 till youve at least watched the 10 seasons of SG-1, i am embarresed for you :D:o
    shu'up. i'm sick and not thinking straight :P though they occasionally change the words for variety - http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Chevron
    also it's the way they say it in the film (though they also say chevron 1 is holding in between as well).

and i'm on season 3 of SG1 but getting bored of it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

shu'up. i'm sick and not thinking straight :P though they occasionally change the words for variety - http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Chevron
    also it's the way they say it in the film (though they also say chevron 1 is holding in between as well).

and i'm on season 3 of SG1 but getting bored of it

Everyone knows only the last chevron locks, unless you're talking about the movie. They phased out a lot of the stargate mechanics/physics stuff from the movie. Most of it, in fact. People dont freeze on exit, they don't actually track transit (they did it a couple times in season 1 and I think the last time they did it O'Niell dialed the 8th Chevron for the first time back in the 2nd season). Theres also no cone of water at the back of the gate, and there are DHDs. The gates don't shake, even the ones that are canon-wise meant to shake, because they're free-standing in a cargo hold or something, with no special writer-clamps, or writer ancienty-gate-platforms of ancientyness.

Chevrons though, I suspect they learned quickly, in script rehearsal, that hearing the word chevron 7-8 times an episode was enough, nevermind 14. Even later they wondered, why at all?

Chevron 2 Encoded

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Overheal wrote: »
    Chevron 2 Encoded
    Urgh, already bored of nerd style count down. We get it already. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

250px-Chevron.JPG
    Chevron 3 encoded:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Chloe...still boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

More excited about this than any other returning show. The show just oozes quality. Can't wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

What the F is that at the end of the trailer. Looks like destiny blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I for sure can't wait for the episode with mckay. I just know that is going to be epic!!!

McKay???!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Spoiler alert! But.... McKay!! \o/

Trailer is very exciting, and as to be expected, they set up the characters and now are going to introduce the unifying plot that I had critiqued the first season about.
    What the F is that at the end of the trailer. Looks like destiny blowing up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Future episode called twin destinies so I hear from one of the gatecon interviews... think that episode of star trek tng with the different enterprises, and bla bla bla

Chevron 4 Encoded

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Really really looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,622 ✭✭✭token56

Really cant wait for this now, I think I'm definitely going to enjoy it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,011 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Any news on when Sky will show it?

Want to record it and watch it on the big telly, rather than download and watch on my PC.

EDIT: To answer my own question, Tuesday 5th of October at 22:00.

http://sky1.sky.com/new-us-shows-on-sky1-hd

Advertisement