Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Further studying in Architectural Technology

• 26-07-2010 8:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am after finished studying Architectural TEchnology in LYIT and got a good distinction ordinary degree from my three years there. The thing is now, am unsure weather to go and do an honours Architectural Technology degree in Napier in Edinburgh or to do an honours Fire Safety Engineering degree in LYIT. All advice and experiences would be most appreciative.

Has anybody studied this honours course in Napier? Or anywhere else? What do people think would be best to do considering I currently have an ordinary degree in Architectural Technology?

For example, in an Architects practise (at home or abroad eg England), which would be the best combination in terms of job prospects and annual salary - Ordinary degree Architectural Technologist with a Honours Fire Safety Engineering degree or an Honours degree Architectural Technologist?

I am undecided which course to study and would welcome other Architectural Technologists advise / opinions aswell as any Fire Safery Engineers. Obviously at the minute, many Architects don't have much work on, so would one be better to study a Fire Safery Engineering course and have more of a job prospect? confused.gif

Also, is there anybody who has studied Architectural Technology and now works in England.. If so, how do you find workin there compared to working in Ireland in terms of the kind of work, responsibility and salary?

Any replys would be greatly appreciated, thank you.smile.gif

Advertisement