Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on public transport

Options
  • 26-07-2010 9:05pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anyone can give me any help/advice?

I'm heading to Dublin tomorrow, have to go to ST James's Hospital and was hoping to fit into a trip to the National History Museum.
    Any ideas on where to park and what bus/luas I would need to get. Planning on visiting museum first and then hospital.
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Presuming you're coming in from the west?

You could park at the Red Cow, get the LUAS Red line from there into the grounds of James', then once you come out of James', cross the road and get the 123 bus down Dame Street to nearly the front of Trinity and the 'Dead Zoo' is not a long walk from there. Looking at Trinity, take a right and follow Nassau Street round to Merrion Square.

Going back, you could cross O'Connell Bridge and catch the LUAS at Abbey Street back out to the Red Cow, or reverse the bus/LUAS combo.

**edit
    Oops sorry, for some reason I read that as hospital first.
    Not to worry, LUAS all the way to Abbey Street and walk over to Dead Zoo, then 123 up to James' from front of Trinity and then LUAS back out to Red Cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the luas red line serves both locations, if you are coming from the city centre get a tram heading towards tallaght

where are you staying

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

we are driving up from Limerick, is the car park safe at the red cow? or would I be better trying to park around goldenbridge?? I think thats the name of the area near Rialto?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Mara.

why not just stick with the luas, that 123 is always packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

angeldaisy wrote: »
    we are driving up from Limerick, is the car park safe at the red cow? or would I be better trying to park around goldenbridge?? I think thats the name of the area near Rialto?

Carpark is safe and always plenty of spaces. Depending whereabouts in Rialto/Fatima you plan on parking, you'll find it hard to find places they aren't pay and display.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

thanks for everyone's advice. decided to chance finding a parking space, found one near suir rd? luas station and got luas in to abbey street. got lost trying to find Natural history museum, but found it eventually, what a great place. the national gallery is next on the list for the next visit. managed to get the 123 back, wasn't too busy. headed to phoenix park then for a picnic. what a lovely day enjoyed the sunshine and all went well.
    thanks again for help

Advertisement