Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Race Around Ireland - Officials and crew members needed

• 26-07-2010 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Preparations for the Race Around Ireland are well under way for 2010.

The Race starts in Navan on Sunday 12th September and at the moment we have 11 solo racers entered, 2 8-person teams, 4 2-person teams and 8 4-person teams.

As well as racers from all over Ireland we have entrants from England, Scotland, Wales, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Monaco and former Ironman World Champion Leslie Holton from the USA.

Some of these overseas entrants have requested help in getting crew members particularly for driving and navigation. If anybody has any interest in helping out some of these racers they can contact us.

During the race we will also have a number of marshals traveling the course. These marshals act as judges and make sure the racers and their crews are abiding by all the rules and following the route. Marshals can follow the race for the entire week, a couple of days or even a few hours in a specific place.

More or less everybody who was involved with the event last year said they were delighted to have been part of it. It's a really great way to see the country and in particular some parts of it which you may never have seen before. It's also a great way to see the racers up close and get an idea of what a human body is actually capable of. From my own point of view i have to say it was one of the most incredible experiences of my life and to be honest it's not something i really would have had any interest in before i became involved. Any help in this regard would be great.

If you are interested you can email me at emtroche@gmail.com

All the info for the race is at www.racearoundireland.com

You can join our facebook group and see pictures from last year here

Emmet Roche

Advertisement