Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Will Heffernan

gymfreak wrote: »
    It felt like the way I always deadlifted in IP
    I'll check it out later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 1diego0

good god with all this video analysis'im actually afraid to take a video of my deadlifts'my back hasnt poped yet or felt sore so hopefully im doing them right!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

1diego0 wrote: »
    good god with all this video analysis'im actually afraid to take a video of my deadlifts'my back hasnt poped yet or felt sore so hopefully im doing them right!!!

If I haven't got anyone to tell me I'm doing it wrong in person..videoing it is the next best thing:D

I actually rarely take offence to anything..so feel free to critique away.

Although, secretly I might just be filming cos I love myself.... rather than to see the lifts:P

Friday 20th May-C2
    I just realised today that my niggling shoulder and elbow pains have vanished..haven't felt anything in well over a week:)

Time to start foam rolling my ITB though..I keep putting it off..and it'll be back to haunt me:(

Con Block-10mins
    Bike Level 5
    5.33 km=10mins:)
    This was very uncomfortable and my legs felt like they were swollen after.

Work Block-15mins
    10 DB Squat, Clean and Press 7.5kg
    10 inverted rows
    12 rounds in 15.22:D
    Arms were seriously pumped after, forearms killing me..but sooo close to getting 12 in 15mins:D

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-level 5
    Wasn't as uncomfortable as the first one..tried to keep a constant pace for the first 5 mins before going hell for leather.
    5.29km in 10mins:)

Work Block-15mins
    10 inverted rows
    12 rounds in 15.16..only kills my forearms
    Was fully recovered going into this block cos I waited 10mins for a rack to do the inverted rows..I know I could of done supported rows instead but really wanted to give the block another shot.

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 5
    5.32km-10mins:)
    Paced myself better on this too.

Session wasn't as hard as I thought it was gonna be. The bike is DEFINITELY waaay easier than the treadmill..it gave me a bit of sanity..got the 5km target on all three bike blocks too:D

Friday 20th May-C2
    I just realised today that my niggling shoulder and elbow pains have vanished..haven't felt anything in well over a week:)
    ...and you think this is just a coincidence of course.

• Advertisement

...and you think this is just a coincidence of course.

Funnily enough...not this time. :) I was trying to figure out what you'd taken out/put in to stop it though

Saturday 21st May-S1
    Squats
    20kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    50kg x 8
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    Struggled on a good few reps...and concentrated on pushing through my legs instead of taking the easy option.

I did forget to change the position of my arms/elbows to get them more perpendicular to the floor...next day.

Lying leg curl
    Skipped cos my legs don't like it.

Weighted Bridging
    +10kg
    3 x 60secs

Barbell Rows
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5

DB Flat Bench Press
    16kg x 10...a bit of a struggle
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10

Overhead Plate Arches
    10kg
    3 x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10

Had to rush...arsed round all morning..and then when I finally got up and went to the gym..it turns out it closes early on a Sat!

*vids to follow in a few minutes

Damn! I thought I was pushing through my heels for most of the reps(not the 3rd rep)..but my back is still parallel to the floor...DAMN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

You're hitting parallel on most of them - which is deadly. But, you've to keep your upper body big and tight. "Think playboy, arse out, chest out" - this works on this squats as well :)

It sucks the first few times you try it, but then you realise all you have to do is stay tight then sit into it you'll do it every time. You'll get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

The whole sitting into for raw squatting is over played. It's mainly for geared squatting!!! Just tighten ur upper back, tuck ur arms and arch ur back as hard as possible!! Squat squat squat.........

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭gstack

Karla
    This is how to squat
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CndPxADNDs

http://performancemenu.com/gallery/video.php?videoID=41

I posted this on your youtube page and I hope you dont mind me saying it again . Anyone disagrees please feel free to correct me .

You are ending up parallel to the floor because you from the moment you rack the bar your back is never vertical .

1. Please stop racking the bar the way you do:
    A. the bar should be higher , its too low at the moment
    B. rack the bar by standing directly underneath it with feet parallel and just stand up straight .

At the moment you are racking the bar one foot in front of the other your torso is inclned forward and stays that way . Check the vid again your knees are locked, legs vertical and your torso is inclined forward before you even start to squat .

You squat too fast , you need to establish a vertical torso at the start go down slow consciously trying to drop between the hips and pushing back against the bar , then at the bottom drive up as hard as you can . When you have decent squat technique you can go down as fast as you want add bounce etc .

I would not bother going beyond parallel at the moment until you can stay somewhat upright . I would also start off with just the bar and do triples max .

So to reiterate please find someway to establish a vertical start position . Try videoing your squats from the side to see what Im talking about .
    Anyways hope that helps

• Advertisement

gstack wrote: »
    All that stuff.
    Agreed.

who would have guessed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

Your back looks fully rounded from start to finish as far as I can see.

I dont think its rounded just bent forward

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

I think your upper back is rounded from start to finish cause :
    a.Shoulders aren't locked back and chest isn't out
    b.Your arse looks to be very high when you actually get the weight off the floor,which may be compressing your form,if that makes any sense.

Gstack wrote:
    Wow
    I posted this on your youtube page and I hope you dont mind me saying it again . Anyone disagrees please feel free to correct me .
    Nope, fire away:)..like I could shut you up if I tried:P
    You are ending up parallel to the floor because you from the moment you rack the bar your back is never vertical .
    I can see this, hadn't paid any attention to it before..but I can def see what your saying.
    1. Please stop racking the bar the way you do:
    A. the bar should be higher , its too low at the moment
    B. rack the bar by standing directly underneath it with feet parallel and just stand up straight .

At the moment you are racking the bar one foot in front of the other your torso is inclned forward and stays that way . Check the vid again your knees are locked, legs vertical and your torso is inclined forward before you even start to squat .
    Oh
    You squat too fast , you need to establish a vertical torso at the start go down slow consciously trying to drop between the hips and pushing back against the bar , then at the bottom drive up as hard as you can . When you have decent squat technique you can go down as fast as you want add bounce etc .
    I actually squat fast cos I'm semi-terrified of killing myself..trying to get it over and done with as quick as possible is the general mentality here..slow and steady..ok..got it:(
    So to reiterate please find someway to establish a vertical start position . Try videoing your squats from the side to see what Im talking about .
    Anyways hope that helps

Sunday 22th May-R2

*sigh...had a good few things on this week and made the mistake of eating quite a bit....weighed in at a colossal 57.6kg this morning:(:(O dear

So, that's it! Diet properly, properly begins as of today..nearly 9weeks to get to 52kg..so thatll be no chocolate, icecream, biccies for the near future..except for a bit of a cheat on the weekends..same strategy as last time..cut down on all sugary foods..fruit included..cos it just sets off my sweet tooth:(

Warm up

x-trainer level 9/10
    25mins

Mobility stuff

Leg Press (High)
    40kg x 12
    40kg x 12
    80kg x 10 (5 sets)
    I'll try up the weight next day

Reverse Lunges
    used a barbell
    25kg x 10/10
    30kg x 10/10
    30kg x 10/10
    30kg x 10/10
    30kg x 10/10
    Grand

Ab Roll outs
    3 x 20

Neutral Grip Pulldowns
    25kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    40kg x 10 (5 sets) 60sec rest

DB Incline Fly
    12.5kg DBs
    5 x 10

Half DB Get Up
    12.5kg
    3 x 10/10
    Grand

Preacher Curls
    E Z Bar + 5kg
    5 x 10
    I'll try up the weight here next week

Xtrainer-20mins....outta pure guilt

Session was grand...the weight gain was not. Ah well!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Sunday 22th May-R2

*sigh...had a good few things on this week and made the mistake of eating quite a bit....weighed in at a colossal 57.6kg this morning:(:(O dear

So, that's it! Diet properly, properly begins as of today..nearly 9weeks to get to 52kg..so thatll be no chocolate, icecream, biccies for the near future..except for a bit of a cheat on the weekends..same strategy as last time..cut down on all sugary foods..fruit included..cos it just sets off my sweet tooth:(

Do you mind me asking why 52kg? Werent you holding maintenance at 55KG for a long time while your BF was dropping?

Do you mind me asking why 52kg? Werent you holding maintenance at 55KG for a long time while your BF was dropping?

I'm aiming to compete in the 52kg class on the 24th of July. Have actually pretty much always settled easily around 55kg..without dieting but I definitely feel and look much better 53-54kg..that's my happy place:)

I knew I'd be starting to watch my diet for the coming weeks..hence the blow up last week..didnt expect it to be THAT bad:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭howtomake

I'm aiming to compete in the 52kg class on the 24th of July. Have actually pretty much always settled easily around 55kg..without dieting but I definitely feel and look much better 53-54kg..that's my happy place:)

I knew I'd be starting to watch my diet for the coming weeks..hence the blow up last week..didnt expect it to be THAT bad:(

Oh how exciting! Is this your first PL competition? When and where?

• Advertisement

howtomake wrote: »
    Oh how exciting! Is this your first PL competition? When and where?

Yup...fingers crossed I don't chicken out..Gonna try stay strong:D:D.

July the 24th in Limerick.

Yup...fingers crossed I don't chicken out..Gonna try stay strong:D:D.

July the 24th in Limerick.

Bah! You are not going to chicken out. Gotta get in there some time.

Monday 23rd May-C1

Con Block-Row
    10 x 150m with 45sec rest
    same session as last week in an attempt to actually do it properly...strangely enough, times weren't all that different:confused:

1. 35.4
    2. 34.9
    3. 35.1
    4. 35.0
    5. 35.2
    6. 35.5
    7. 35.4
    8. 35.4
    9. 35.9
    10. 36.0
    where have all the 34sec gone:(:(

Work Block
    5 Goblet Squat 27.5kg..hard
    5 Floor Press 15kg
    5 DB Row 20kg
    10 rounds in 15.55
    Had to go back to 15kg on the floor press...17.5 wasn't working today, after 2 failed attempts I cut my losses.

Con Block-rower
    10 x 150m with 45sec rest
    1. 36.6
    2. 36.4
    3. 36.4
    4. 36.3
    5. 36.6
    6. 36.6
    7. 36.3
    8. 36.7
    9. 35.7
    10. 36.2
    Some of these times were worse than last week.

Work Block
    5 Reverse Lunge e/s 15kg
    4 Chin ups
    10 pushups
    9 rounds in 16.05
    A bit slower than last week:( I blame it all on the chin ups..they were hard..doubles and singles again.

Con Block
    10 x 150m with 45 sec rest

1. 36.9
    2. 36.8
    3. 37.0
    4. 36.7
    5. 36.9
    6. 36.5
    7. 36.5
    8. 36.9
    9. 36.5
    10. 36.2

Have to say was actually pretty fatigued starting all the blocks, normally the 5mins rest is grand enough to get me started again..today..weird.

Tuesday 24th May-S2
    Warm up
    Bike-20mins level 3/4

Mobility Stuff-It actually took me ages to do this, was quite sore/stiff/tired..not sure what from though

Deadlifts
    Back to my old way of deadlifting:) Much easier
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 8
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5

1st set 90kg x 5...took a while to get used to it, felt like I was crumbling/being crushed

5th set 90g x 5..felt much better

Leg Extensions
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 40kg Ouch:(
    10 x 40kg

Side Bridge
    +10kg
    3x 60/60
    This is actually hard

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    42.5kg x 3..was too chicken to try go for any more reps
    42.5kg x 3
    42.5kg x 4
    42.5kg x 4
    42.5kg x 3..went for 4 reps but wasn't strong from the start..ended up pinning myself. One of the gym staff stood at my feet watching whilst I rolled the bar down my belly lifted it off and dumped the plates...maybe I am pinning myself too often..whoops

Bench just feels like a disaster these days..had been getting 42.5kg x 5 easily about 2 weeks ago:(

Low Row
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    I'll be sticking at this weight for a while.

Plate Russian Twist
    15kg 3 x 10/10

Cable Tricep Extension
    1 x 10 @ 17.5
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20

Was quite tired/sore starting the session and ravenous my the end. Going to go back to having a protein drink before I train..it might make a difference:)

Wednesday 18th May-R1
    Weight-54.9kg..
    down from 57.6kg on Sunday. It would appear that my body is ridiculous at storing water after a refeed.

Been working off 1500kcal since Sunday but might up it a bit to 1700 cos I've been wrecked going into all my sessions this week

Warm up
    20 mins-xtrainer level 10
    Calves getting a little tight so will foam roll this evening.

Mobility stuff

RDL
    30kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10 ITB started to flick for these sets...yuck
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    Found it hard to cling on to the bar with the 60sec rest in between sets..I'll try go heavier next week though and see

Step Ups
    5 x 10 with 7.5kg

45deg Side Arches
    3 x 10/10

Bench Press
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    35kg x 10 too heavy
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    Concentrated on pushing my feet into the floor..it could just be my imagination but I think some of the benches are set at different heights..felt much more comfortable benching today..racking and unracking it

Seated Row Machine
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    35kg x 10
    These were actually grand this week. I'll try up the weight next time

Hanging Leg Raises
    5 x 10

Overhead Tricep Press
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    I'll up the weight next time.

Grand session:)

Friday 27th May-C2
    Wasn't in the humour to do conditioning today..for no reason..wasn't tired or anything..just didn't want to do it. It's funny though cos once I get started I'm happy out and enjoy it.

Con Block-10mins
    Bike Level 6..went up a level
    It was hard keeping the rpm above 80..it meant I couldn't slack at all..not even for a few seconds
    4.78 km=10mins

Work Block-15mins
    10 inverted rows
    12 rounds in 15.25 ...same
    Forearms were seriously pumped after..like seriously and a lot of grunting was had..that block is hard.

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-level 6..up a level
    Felt much harder than the first block..quite uncomfortable.
    4.78km in 10mins

Work Block-15mins
    10 inverted rows
    12 rounds in 15mins:D:D BOOM!!!
    But I bloodywell struggled to carry the 7.5kg DBs back across the room when I was finished..my arms/hands may have been a teeny bit tired.

Con Block-10mins
    Bike-Level 6
    4.98km-10mins....sooooo close
    Very uncomfortable but my legs weren't like lead after so that's a plus!

Grand session:) Was supposed to run today instead of the bike..maybe next time..it's just waaaay harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Saturday 28th May-S1

Warm up
    20 mins bike level 3/4

The plan for today was
    -to lower the weight and try to get myself more upright
    -to attempt to put the bar higher on my back..this didnt really work out..tried to high bar it but it was crazily heavy..in the end I think I settled for it being a fraction higher than usual
    -to unrack it with both feet under the bar.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    40kg x 5
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    reps were touch and go..some I 'backed up' and others I was upright. 50kg felt heavy though..and I'd normally use it as a warm up weight:(:(

50kg x 5 1st set side view
    I actually like this vid cos ya can see exactly where I shift my weight and depend on my lower back strength.
    I was going too fast in it and wasnt really thinking about what I should be doing..it was the 1st set afterall :)

50kg x 5 5th set
    1st rep was okay, the rest..not so much...although..I never noticed I had hamstrings before..:D

Lying leg curl
    Skipped cos my legs don't like it.

Weighted Bridging
    +10kg
    3 x 60secs

Barbell Rows
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    45kg x 5
    45kg x 5
    47.5kg x 5
    47.5kg x 5
    47.5kg x 5

DB Flat Bench Press
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10
    16kg x 10

Overhead Plate Arches
    10kg
    3 x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10
    9kg x 10

*vids to follow in a few minutes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I have absolutely no idea how you can expect to totally change your form and technique, use the same weight you have been using for previous efforts and expect it to be anything but bone crushingly difficult.

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    I have absolutely no idea how you can expect to totally change your form and technique, use the same weight you have been using for previous efforts and expect it to be anything but bone crushingly difficult.

I wasn't using the same weight though. I dropped down to 50kg which I'd normally use as my warm up weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

Okay I've watched the squat videos.

If you're going to sit back that much... then.. you have to use a wider stance... and.. don't force depth.

What's happening is.. you're trying to sit back back back.. and then in order to force depth... you have to cave forward otherwise you'll lose the bar backwards...

What the wider stance will do.. is let you sit back, like you're trying to.. without forcing you forward.. however.. if you force depth then you'll probably cave forward... just rely on heavier weights taking you to depth.

On the other hand... if you want to keep the close stance.. and get mad depth.. then you need to not sit back like that at the start.. just arch your back and go straight down.. bar position will probably need to be higher to do this.. otherwise again you're caving forward to not lose it backwards.

Right now you're mixing up power and oly squats and ending up with a dodgy goodmorning. They're actually two completely different lifts.

note: i am in no way qualified to give out advice.

Kev M wrote: »
    Okay I've watched the squat videos.

If you're going to sit back that much... then.. you have to use a wider stance... and.. don't force depth.

What's happening is.. you're trying to sit back back back.. and then in order to force depth... you have to cave forward otherwise you'll lose the bar backwards...

What the wider stance will do.. is let you sit back, like you're trying to.. without forcing you forward.. however.. if you force depth then you'll probably cave forward... just rely on heavier weights taking you to depth.

On the other hand... if you want to keep the close stance.. and get mad depth.. then you need to not sit back like that at the start.. just arch your back and go straight down.. bar position will probably need to be higher to do this.. otherwise again you're caving forward to not lose it backwards.

Right now you're mixing up power and oly squats and ending up with a dodgy goodmorning. They're actually two completely different lifts.

note: i am in no way qualified to give out advice.

I get what you mean. Was just watching the video that Garrett posted up again and I can see what you mean about me putting my ass back, back, back instead of just sitting down.

I guess I'll just have to keep messing about with it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Mary28

Karla this is garrett on a friends account

Get Hanley to show you what to do he can lay the hands on !
    Or maybe Wills Not gone yet.
    I think you have improved ever so slightly for 1 whole rep you stepped under the weight to unrack it and dropped your arse down instead of back .
    After that you did the whole torso lean thing which I am going to call stripper squats .

I think you should invest in a pair of weightlifting shoes , they really will help keep you upright they look cool and will last forever .

I think Kev M was spot on with his comments as well . You really need to think of dropping your hips between your legs not sticking your bum back and down ala stripper squat
    This would be much easier to show than explain , can you get Hanley or Will to show you ?

Anyways I wouldnt worry too much about it
    Try this stretch for a few weeks before squatting , after squatting , in the shower , etc
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_D1oldwQBmkU/R0MbHHNgpfI/AAAAAAAAABk/rTF7z4yytYs/s1600-h/IMG_1077.JPG
    Read his blog as well

and then get someone to show you how to squat
    If theres someone in your gym whos squats uprights watch them

So to summarise

head up , chest up , hips straight down between legs

GStack wrote:
    head up , chest up , hips straight down between legs
    Okay, got it. I can see now what ye are talking about alright.

And I shall look into getting some weightlifting shoes..the wraps helped my wrists immensely so hopefully the shoes...might help:)

Thanks

Sunday 29th May-R2

Started off the week great dietwise but that got abandoned for the last three days:( Starting off again today..plan is 1500 kcal again and then cheat on a Saturday..back on track on a Sunday.

Weight-55.6kg..not bad at all for the amount of eating I did

Warm up

x-trainer level 10/11
    20mins

Mobility stuff

Leg Press (High)
    40kg x 12
    40kg x 12
    90kg x 10 (5 sets)
    First set felt ridiculously hard..but the rest were grand..stupid mind!!

Reverse Lunges
    used a barbell
    35kg x 10/10
    35kg x 10/10
    35kg x 10/10
    35kg x 10/10
    35kg x 10/10
    Practised highbar position for these and brought my grip in a bit..felt comfortable enough.

Ab Roll outs
    3 x 20

Neutral Grip Pulldowns
    25kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    45kg x 10 (5 sets) 90sec rest
    grand

DB Incline Fly
    12.5kg DBs
    5 x 10

Half DB Get Up
    12.5kg
    3 x 10/10
    Grand

Attempted a few reps with 15kg but it was taking me ages..seeing as it isnt a strength session I dropped back to 12.5kg to bang out the reps.

Preacher Curls
    E Z Bar + 7.5kg
    5 x 10
    Hard

I like Sundays..and I like R2.:)

• Advertisement

Karla
    Just wondering if you have tried front squatting before your backsquats even a couple of sets at weights not too challenging but that you have to stay upright might help before you backsquat

gstack wrote: »
    Karla
    Just wondering if you have tried front squatting before your backsquats even a couple of sets at weights not too challenging but that you have to stay upright might help before you backsquat

I can certainly give that a go:)

Monday 30th May-C1
    Weight-55.0kg

Con Block-Row
    10 x 150m with 60sec rest
    I like the 60sec rest :)
    Times are once again **** though...can't figure it out. It's like the 40kg prowler push confusion....whether to try go as fast as possible or try to just pull really powerfully..tried both ways and neither is making a difference:(
    1. 35.8
    2. 35.8
    3. 35.4
    4. 35.6
    5. 35.9
    6. 35.2
    7. 35.7
    8. 34.9
    9. 35.0
    10. 34.9
    Damn

Work Block
    5 Goblet Squat 27.5kg
    5 Floor Press 17.5kg..they worked today:)
    5 DB Row 20kg
    10 rounds in 16mins:D
    Up a round..and back to the 17.5kg DB's...which happened to be the ones that smashed my newly filled ipod...DAMN..I'm really not surprised.

Con Block-rower
    10 x 150m with 60sec rest

1. 35.9
    2. 35.0
    3. 35.6
    4. 35.8
    5. 35.6
    6. 35.3
    7. 35.6
    8. 35.5
    9. 35.5
    10. 35.9
    grrr

Work Block
    5 Reverse Lunge e/s 15kg
    4 Chin ups
    10 pushups
    10 rounds in 15.34
    Up a round..and the chinups didnt feel rock hard today:)Quite pleased.

Con Block
    10 x 150m with 60 sec rest

1. 35.3
    2. 35.2
    3. 35.2
    4. 35.6
    5. 35.3
    6. 35.5
    7. 35.4
    8. 35.3
    9. 35.6
    10. 35.6
    Did this on a different rower so times were slightly better than before.

Grand session:)

Tuesday 31st May-S2

Weight-54.6kg
    This is crazy cos I ate 3000-4000kcal on Thur, Fri and Sat..yet my weight didnt bounce up. Also, am full of energy this week and I'm thinking it's from all the food:) Aiming for the 1500-1700kcal mark for most of this week as a trial.

Warm up
    Bike-20mins level 3/4

Mobility Stuff-

Deadlifts
    60kg x 8
    70kg x 8
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    90kg x 5
    Deadlifting felt easy today..absolutely flew through it. 1st reps always look HORRIBLE..but the rest look alrightish enough.

1st set 90kg x 5

5th set 90kg x 5..I was trying not to laugh at the guy in front of me

Leg Extensions
    10 x 40kg..these felt strangely easy today.
    10 x 40kg
    10 x 40kg
    10 x 45kg
    10 x 45kg

Side Bridge
    +10kg
    3x 60/60

Bench
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    42.5kg x 4..nearly scared myself ****less
    42.5kg x 4..felt much stronger..set myself up better
    42.5kg x 4
    42.5kg x 4
    42.5kg x 3 + a pinning...true to form..I pinned myself again.
    Damn..wanted 4 reps for all the sets

Low Row
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    10 x 35kg
    I'll be sticking at this weight for a while.

Plate Russian Twist
    15kg 3 x 10/10

Cable Tricep Extension
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20
    1 x 10 @ 20

Grand day. Feeling in flying form:)

I'm going to make a prediction. You'll miss your max attempts when the bar gets about 4 inches past your knees.

• Advertisement

Wednesday 1st June:DYAY!!!-R1
    Feeling great at the moment...full of energy..long may it last!:D
    Eating pretty clean all week ~1500/1600kcal a day

Warm up
    20 mins-xtrainer level 10/11

Mobility stuff

RDL
    30kg x 12
    30kg x 12
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    50kg x 10
    Grip was really going on these..will be sticking at this weight for a while.

Had a bit of a eureka moment..my back was automatically tightening itself before each rep..not something I used to do before..maybe might even carry over to my deadlift..fingers crossed:)

Step Ups
    5 x 10 with 7.5kg
    these werent half annoying today:)

45deg Side Arches
    3 x 10/10

Bench Press
    20kg x 12
    20kg x 12
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    32.5kg x 10
    Bench felt hard today:(

Seated Row Machine
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    These were tough. Grip was going on this aswell.

Hanging Leg Raises
    5 x 10

Overhead Tricep Press
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10

Happy out!:)

Had a bit of a eureka moment..my back was automatically tightening itself before each rep..not something I used to do before..maybe might even carry over to my deadlift..fingers crossed:)
    :)

:D:D I had a bit of eureka moments myself this week, it is nice isn't it when your body and mind come together.

I didn't want to bother you since everyone else who knows more than me was giving advice, but it did seem like you just needed to set up/start the correct way.

I'm going to make a prediction. You'll miss your max attempts when the bar gets about 4 inches past your knees.

Interesting:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭cmyk

I completely agree. It all stems from your setup imo.

Pause the top video at .21s and the bottom vid at .17s. You shouldn't be pulling from that position and you're finishing the lift with your back. Hard to tell as it's quite dark and you're wearing high visibility black, but you actually seem to bring your hips in better with subsequent reps.

Your initial pull off the ground is your major issue though, please get some face time with Will or Hanley if you can, and to a lesser extent I'm happy to try to help but it'll mean getting your passport out for the southside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Loads of touch and go reps are definitely the best thing to do when you're having a problem with your initial set up off the ground.

I'm adding a smilie to that above post :rolleyes:

I'm getting a lot of feedback from uploading the vids, comments here as well as PMs. I'm really liking all the advice, suggestions and critisms. In case ye think that I'm ignoring all the advice, I'm not. But as you can see, there's a lot of fixing needed with my lifts..so it's just gonna take time:) Will is still programming for me and watching the vids and giving advice but it's a case of slow and steady for me and fixing one thing at a time.
    cmyk wrote: »
    I completely agree. It all stems from your setup imo.

Pause the top video at .21s and the bottom vid at .17s. You shouldn't be pulling from that position and you're finishing the lift with your back. Hard to tell as it's quite dark and you're wearing high visibility black, but you actually seem to bring your hips in better with subsequent reps.

Your initial pull off the ground is your major issue though, please get some face time with Will or Hanley if you can, and to a lesser extent I'm happy to try to help but it'll mean getting your passport out for the southside.

Thanks for the advice. Yup I can see how dodgy the initial rep/s are and it's definitely something that's going to take a loooooong while to iron out:(

I'm adding a smilie to that above post rolleyes.gif
    I'm glad you did..I hadn't got a clue if you were serious or not:pac:

Amazing how you could do so much damage in a few weeks..

Amazing how you could do so much damage in a few weeks..

Hey,
    That's not fair..

you haven't seen me in months, how do you know I've gotten fatter:D

Hey,
    That's not fair..

you haven't seen me in months, how do you know I've gotten fatter:D

For once, he wasn't calling you fat.

• Advertisement
Advertisement