Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Miss Piggys Battle for the Big Plates

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭gymfreak

Hanley wrote: »
    Squats were REALLY nice... Good work.
    :D
    Although, now I'm starting to worry that maybe the bar was only 15kg...hopefully not:(

Friday 28th October
    Weight-53.6kg:(
    Diet went completely and utterly off the rails yesterday and today...DAMN, DAMN, DAMN.

Far, far, far too much sugary goodness in work today..avoided temptation all week..and broke at the final hurdle:(:( Ate such a ridiculous amount of sugar that I ended up home in my leaba fast asleep after work...and that has NEVER happened before!

Euuuughhh..also, tried damn hard to get out of getting my skinfolds done today..didn't work.....at all....despite quite a few attempts.

Only up 1mm in total tho, which obviously isn't good at all, but after todays and yesterdays feeding and not doing proper conditioning all week I'm kinda okay with that. Solid effort this coming week as time is ticking. Have the week off work so gonna try nail protein intake and stretching and all that boring stuff.

Spin Bike-20mins

Foamrolling and stretching..hamstrings were quite tight.

Saturday 29nd October
    Weight:53.6kg...
    but getting back on track today

kcal- Protein-

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk

Deadlifts:D
    Felt as easy as pie today:)
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    85kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    95kg x 3
    100kg x 3

105kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    115kg x 3:D
    Was SOOOO tempted to go again..but then decided to leave on a high note..instead of trying something heavier and getting annoyed...where as this sensibleness come from:confused:

So from the looks of things..looks like I'm only good to deadlift every two weeks...strange, strange, strange:confused:

110kg x 3

115kg x 3:)

Barbell Lunges
    40kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    I'm not kidding...that was like fecking cardio!! Had to use the wraps aswell cos my wrists werent too happy

Weighted Hip Pop ups
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15

DB Incline Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    17.5kg x F..wouldnt work again todayfrown.giffrown.gif
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10
    15kg x 10..like cardio too

DB Rows
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10 All at 27.5kg next day

Weighted Side bridge
    +15kg...finally decided to up the weight here..grand enough
    3 x 45/15

Back Extensions on the GHR
    4 x 15....ouch:(

I don't know whether it was the heat in the gym or my lack of conditioning lately..but that workout really took it out of me, everything felt like frickin cardio

Sunday 30th October
    Weight: 53.2kg
    Kcal: 1500 Protein: 115g..not bad

I wandered into a class in the gym, didnt know what the class was but someone told me it was like circuits. It was actually called 'Fat Burn' and was quite cringey..but I'm sure I burnt a few kcal, although might skip that one in future:)

X-Trainer-15mins

Stretching-trying to be good!

Monday 31st October
    Weight=52.8kg...phew..close enough to were it was.
    Feeling a bit tired today and want to squat tomorrow so just went to the gym to stretch..cos there would not be a hope that I'd do it at home.

Did a tiny bit of cardio just cos I was there.

X-Trainer-20mins

Stretching

20mins bike

Foamrolling AND stretching.

Tuesday 1st of November-S1
    Weight=52.4kg:)
    Kcal: 1500 Protein: 118g
    AM
    Spin Bike-10mins

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk

Squats
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 3
    45kg x 3
    50kg x 3
    55kg x 3
    60kg x 3

65kg x 2
    70kg x 1
    75kg x F...d'oh
    Cue: Putting in earphones and this time remembering to actually stand back up
    75kg x 1
    Was panicking a bit that I'd missed the first 75kg..even though I was good for it for the last comp..so decided to check out 77kg
    77kg x 1:) Teeny tiny PR but I'm happy!

75kg x 1

77kg x 1

DB RDL's
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 10
    30kg x 9...stupid grip
    30kg x 9

Weighted bridge
    +20kg..feck sake, whatever happened to bridges being a doddle
    3 x 60

Barbell Row-strict
    20kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    38kg x 8
    38kg x 8
    38kg x 8
    38kg x 8
    38kg x 8

Bent Over Rear Laterals
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

High/ Low Woodchoppers-Cable Machine
    18kg
    3 x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Happy out!

PM

30mins X-Trainer

10mins- some odd machine like a cross trainer.

Foamrolling and stretching.

Wednesday- 3rd Novemeber
    Weight: 52.5kg
    Kcal: 1600(decided to 'cheat' a bit...all good stuff minus a packet of popcorn)
    Protein:110g

Rugby
    Don't really remember what we did,we played no game of any sorts anyway. Just a lot of drills, passes, lineups and tackling the bags.
    Worked on a few set ups with partners and in groups, they were fun/highly confusing.

One of the drills involved tacking the bag, dropping to the ground and placing the ball for someone else to pick it and pop it.

Figured out pretty quickly that I'm TERRIBLE and dropping to the ground,..its like a 5step process....someday:rolleyes:

Thursday 3rd November-S2
    Weight=52.8kg
    Kcal: 1200 Protein=103g

AM-5km trot
    Had to bring my car to the garage today so that meant a 2.5km run home after dropping of the car off and another 2.5km run to go and collect the car.
    Was only plodding along slowly but managed each 2.5km in 10mins..hip flexors really started to hurt again though...and a slight knee twinge made a reappearance:( Must do a timed 5km sometime in the future..just to see!

PM
    Spin Bike-20mins

Mobility
    Wall Slides
    Scap Pull ups
    Scap Push Ups
    Cable Face Pulls
    Lots of foamrolling, especially behind my shoulders...seems to be a bit of grinding going on there

Bench
    Hanley was helping me out with the benching again today. Paused the first rep of each set and the rest were touch and go
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 3
    33kg x 3
    35kg x 3
    38kg x 3
    40kg x 3

42kg x 2
    43kg x 1...grinder...forgot to tense up properly
    43kg x 1 easy
    44kg x 1....eeeewwww...rotten rep, nearly choked myself
    44kg x 1 better
    I'm happy out with the benching...some reps felt good...others, well...:D:D

Lat Pulldown
    70kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    70kg x 10
    70kg x 10

Cable Ab Pulldowns
    43kg x 25
    43kg x 25
    50kg x 25
    50kg x 25

Close Grip BenchPress
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    33kg x 8
    33kg x 8
    33kg x 8
    33kg x 8
    33kg x 8
    shoulder was annoying me a bit

Cable Tricep Extension
    5 x 10
    @30kg
    @30kg
    @30kg
    @30kg
    @30kg

And best news of all....skinfolds down 10!!! Whoooppppeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Sports massage tomorrow...looking forward to it being over...shoulders are a bit eek, itb is tight, hipflexors are tight, calves are tight..eek

Friday 4th November
    Weight-52.5kg

Got a deep tissue massage this morning to see if I could get rid of the shoulder annoyance thats been going on. Funnily enough she said the state of my calves were nothing in comparison to my shoulders:eek: Feeling great now

A bit of LIT and a spin class this evening.

Bike-10mins

Spinning
    -30mins

x-trainer-15mins

Lots and lots of stretching:)

Saturday 5th Novmber

Deadlifting tomorrow so took it nice and handy today.

Step Class and a Cardio Kick Style Class just for the mess. Music was great in the classes but they werent up to much. Had my HR monitor on and av HR was only 114 with a max of 156.

Was just thinking its gonna be soooo strange when I ditch all the LIT and gym classes for proper conditioning again. Already trying to prepare myself for how horrifying it'll be when I see how 'unfit' I am :pac::pac: but I'm really curious as to what it'll do for fatloss seeing as I'll be so unused to it.

• Advertisement

Sunday 6th November
    Weight:53.1kg
    ...on its way back down after a bit of leptin restorage..:pac:.... kinda ****ting myself about the weigh-in next week..terrified that my scales might be off or something.

Spin bike- 20mins

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk

Deadlifts
    They all felt heavy today:(
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    80kg x 3
    85kg x 3
    90kg x 3
    95kg x 3
    100kg x 3

105kg x 2
    110kg x 1
    115kg x F...nothing was there
    115kg x F
    Following the advice of Scuba Ste I dropped back down and built up again.
    100kg x 1
    105kg x 1
    110kg x F...gave up too soon
    110kg x 1
    110kg x 1...felt fast, so left it there

Sigh...deadlifting is following the normal pattern of good one week, bad the next...so maybe there's hope for next week:) Also think I'm giving up too early when it feels heavy...must remember NOT to do that!!

Barbell Lunges
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10
    45kg x 10

Weighted Hip Pop ups
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15
    30kg x 15

DB Incline Bench Press
    10kg x 8
    10kg x 8
    15kg x 8
    15kg x 8
    15kg x 8
    15kg x 8
    15kg x 8

DB Rows
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10
    27.5kg x 10

Weighted Side bridge
    +15kg
    3 x 45/15

Back Extensions on the GHR
    4 x 15

Rugby tomorrow:)

Monday 7th November- rugby
    Weight- 52.9...still:(
    Kcal: 1200 Protein: 110g
    Not many down tonight:(

Spent a lot of time running plays, kind of funny cos I got shifted to number 9 and was supposed to call the plays. But seeing as I've never watched more than 10mins of rugby had no idea what I was doing.
    All I got from it was..girl in front takes her foot off the ball, my cue to get the ball or call a play. Only other thing I 'got' was if I run with the ball I pass quickly and let everyone else get tackled...pretty sweet deal if ya ask me.

Also learnt what 'blindside' means...hadn't got a clue what they used to be going on about before.

Tuesday 8th November
    Weight-52.9..gggrrrr
    I've started water loading...6L today.
    Spin Bike-20mins

Mobility
    Sumo Squats
    Wall Slides
    Fire Hydrants
    Scap Push Ups
    Quad Walk
    Cable Face Pulls
    Spiderman Walk

Squats
    Even though competition is on Sunday I wanted to go heavy on the squats again. My biggest problem with them is pure confidence related and wanted to get the 'feel' for a heavy weight on my back.
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 8
    40kg x 3
    45kg x 3
    52kg x 1
    60kg x 1
    65kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    75kg x F...d'oh...always miss the first one
    75kg x 1
    77kg x F...not a happy bunny, left it at that:(

Weighted bridge
    +20kg
    3 x 60

Barbell Row-strict
    20kg x 10
    25kg x 10
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8
    40kg x 8

Bent Over Rear Laterals
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

High/ Low Woodchoppers-Cable Machine
    23kg
    3 x 10/10

Bicep Curls
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10
    7.5kg x 10

Wednesday 9th of November
    Weight-52.9kg
    Kcal-1200
    6 litres of water today...so easy!

Went to rugby but they were focusing only on conditioning, loads of intervals and weighted circuits...and ****SHOCK HORROR**** I actually thought about it and decided it'd be a bad idea so just went into the gym and stretched, foamrolled and xtrainer for 30mins..just to loosen out.

What has happened to me!!!!:eek::eek:

Thursday 10th November
    Weight-52.1kg....whoop whoop:)
    8 litres of water today..once again..easy!

Spin Bike-20mins

Planned to Bench tonight but I was well and truely away with the fairies, Couldnt concentrate on anything for longer than a split second (nervous and all that..stomach was jumping) and knew I'd end up doing something stupid.

Bench
    20kg x 8
    25kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    35kg x 3
    40kg x 1
    40kg x 1
    40kg x 1...with pauses...all easy

Just worried I'll forget to tense up, push my feet into the ground and actually bench the right line..kept benching really low to start with...d'oh

Attempted nothing else as brain wouldn't function.

Foamrolled

Fats are also down another 3...so that was a whoooooop whooooooooop.

I'm excited about the weekend, cant wait to see the lads lift...but terrible nervous about my day tho..which has caused me to turn into a forgetful mess all week..too many butterflies in one little belly!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

gymfreak wrote: »
    Wednesday 9th of November
    Weight-52.9kg
    Kcal-1200
    6 litres of water today...so easy!

8 litres of water today..once again..easy!

You must have a fecking path worn to the toilet with all that water:pac:

Best of luck at the weekend, not that you'll need it.

A late, late write up of last weekend:D:D

GPC Worlds Weekend 13-14th November

Had been fretting the last week or two about making weight, I had thought it'd be a tight one but Will's plan worked fantastically well and it wasn't a tight one at all..and there was, of course no needed to be worrying:)

PLAN:
    Ate low residue foods on Wed and Thurs, waterloaded from Tues-Thursday with 5L, 6L and 8L...I actually loved the waterloading...I love water so it really wasnt a problem at all! I also had to stop eating after brekkie on Friday morning until after weigh-in on Sat.

Two of my friends that have absolutely no interest in fitness/sports or the sorts accompanied me down to Limerick on Saturday morning to show a little support and turns out they thoroughly enjoyed watching the comp..not sure whether Drifter appreciated all their questions tho!!!:D

I weighed in at 49.8kg:D on Saturday morning and then went to eat!!! Spent all of Saturday prepping for the comp.....by going shopping with the girls! Fantastic distraction.

Sunday 13th November-Competition Day
    Started warming up after 8.30 as competition was due to start at 9.30...and of course..it was me up first...surprise, surprise! The nerves had fairly kicked in at this stage..with me frozen to the spot for most of it and just moved when told to.

Hanley was an absolute legend, he looked after everything for me, loaded bars, decided on warmups, chose numbers, timed everything to perfection and kept me bloody sane!!!...Which left me with nothing to do/think about except for the easiest option of all...doing what I was told.

I don't really remember much about the comp as it all went by so quickly but here's the snippets that I do remember

Squats
    Had freaked myself out about squatting cos Drifter or Daz or someone only mentioned the night before that if you fail all of any one lift your out of the comp...hadnt realised that rule before..so was well and truely petrified
    with this new knowledge bomb.

1-70kg..grand
    2-75kg..bit of a struggle
    3-77.5kg...a hard fight...ending in a fail

75kg

77.5kg...a fail but I was happy

Bench
    1-40kg
    2-42.5kg
    3-45kg FAIL...completely and utterly...bar was headed nowhere.

42.5kg

Deadlift
    For some reason I got crazily nervous before this, hands and legs were shaken...this could be down to excessive red bull consumption :eek::eek:

1-110kg-this one got stuck a little bit in the lifting suit so was instructed by Hanley to pull it up
    2-115kg-very sloooow to lock out
    3-120kg-FAIL.....really hung on to this one but just couldn't lock it out

115kg

120kg--damn!!!

Was happy enough with the squat even if it was a fail as I couldnt of tried harder.. and same with the deadlift..I felt there was nothing more I could of done. Somedays ya have it...somedays ya dont!!

So, all in all, made no improvements at all on my total from the last competition, no PRs either. But had a great weekend-fantastic time shopping on Sat, enjoyed competing and all the support from everyone on Sunday and then getting to sit back and be a spectator on Monday when COH, VIS, Paddy and Daz were on.

**Serious, serious kudos to Hanley for all the coaching on comp day and to Will for keeping me sane in the lead up to the comp.**

Took today off from training as I'm still hyped up on sugar and caffeine...hopefully back to normal tomorrow:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

I still think you were unlucky not to get that 3rd squat. It's even more obvious on the vid now that there was a touch, but c'est la vie. I guess. I think you can legitimately claim it anyway.

I never realised how noisy I am at comps :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

I never realised how noisy I am at comps :/

You're loud in a good, encouraging way.
    Fair play to you at the weekend, from the sounds of things, you were like 16th Man Munster have at Thomond Park.

Well done on your performance at the weekend Karla.

Where to from here?
    Do you plan on competing in PL again in the future or are you gonna focus on rugby now for a while or what are you thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Turbo_diesel

Well done Gymfreak! Were there many female competitors at the event? What sort of weight was put up by the others in your weight class?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Red Cortina

Fair play to ya for that performance.

Can't believe you didn't get that squat! Totally unfair!

You're loud in a good, encouraging way.
    Fair play to you at the weekend, from the sounds of things, you were like 16th Man Munster have at Thomond Park.
    Truth. Made such an enormous difference having someone there in your corner to shout you on.
    Well done on your performance at the weekend Karla..
    A well done aint deserved today, didnt do anything that I don't do on a regular training session...as a result..a little bit of unfinished business:D

Where to from here?
    Do you plan on competing in PL again in the future or are you gonna focus on rugby now for a while or what are you thinking?

Well..I won't be focusing on Rugby cos I just do that for the craic. I find it amusing and do it purely cos I get a kick outta it. Nothing serious there at all.

Em, had thought I'd leave the PL for a while and look into other stuff just for a fun change but kind of feel as though I'm capable of a little bit more with the PL and just havent been able to show it lately so will hang in there and attempt at least one more comp.

The plan for the immediate future...aka the run up to Xmas is to get fit and lean again..and do plenty of conditioning!!! Which I'm actually ****ting cos I havent done any in about 5 weeks :O :O

Well done Gymfreak! Were there many female competitors at the event? What sort of weight was put up by the others in your weight class?

Nope, not many ladies at all competing RAW bit of a disappointment. There was suposed to be another female competitor in my weight class but she pulled out

..here are the results

KARLA IRL 49.8 52 FO 75 42.5 115 232.5 266.422 0 1ST
    SUSANNA FIN 73.5 75 FO 160 115 180 455 385.635 0 1ST
    ANNA IRL 80.6 82.5 FO 90 55 140 285 227.43 0 1ST
    SUSAN IRL 114.5 90+ FO 80 55 125 260 178.1 0 1ST

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Da Za

Oh Susanna..........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

Da Za wrote: »
    Oh Susanna..........

indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Well done. Far play for lifting so well in the middle of a disco.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Beffy

Well done missus!

Great experience i'd say.

Wednesday 16th November-Rugby Cancelled:(
    Still dosed up on ridiculous amounts of sugar.

Rugby training was cancelled tonight, only 5 showed up:(:( Ended up joining in a circuits class that was taking place in the club.

Was grand but I wouldn't be that bothered with doing it again. I need specific aims or rounds/reps/times to beat otherwise I get distracted/lose interest.

Been quite tired all week...mostly down to eating anything and everything. As soon as my diet gets back on track training will fall into place.

Looking forward to gettng back to the gym tomorrow..providing I dont have a really hectic day in work I'm gonna attempt a bit of conditioning...possibly

...hmmm or maybe a full days competition is more stressful than you thought?

...hmmm or maybe a full days competition is more stressful than you thought?

But that was yonks ago!! I'm blaming the poor food choices!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

But that was yonks ago!! I'm blaming the poor food choices!

I've been eating like a king and I still feel like I've been run over by a truck! Probably wont even think about any sort of training til next week

+1.......in bits

Im not training until I get the desire back, which will probably be next Monday and then I'll kick things off again.

COH wrote: »
    I've been eating like a king and I still feel like I've been run over by a truck! Probably wont even think about any sort of training til next week

That's ALL I've been doing is eating, eating, eating...and it's making me feel really, really tired. Kinda feel like I SHOULD be training though.
    +1.......in bits

Im not training until I get the desire back, which will probably be next Monday and then I'll kick things off again.
    Hmmm, maybe I should just give myself a wee break

Hmmm, maybe I should just give myself a wee break

til Sunday :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

If you're tired, train. If you hurt, train. If you have free time, train. If you're injured, go to the ****in hospital. If you're not injured, train.

itsallabouttheL - 2011

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

Just wondering, what does 'FO' stand for in the results? Google is giving me nothing.

G86 wrote: »
    Just wondering, what does 'FO' stand for in the results? Google is giving me nothing.

Female Open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,309 ✭✭✭COH

If you're tired, train. If you hurt, train. If you have free time, train. If you're injured, go to the ****in hospital. If you're not injured, train.

itsallabouttheL - 2011

I could not be any less motivated. Somebody wheel me home 'cause i'm not getting out of this chair.

^^ itsallabouttheL - 10 hours ago :pac: ^^

Thursday 17th November
    Went to take these words of wisdom and headed to the gym.

itsallabouttheL - 2011
    Tried to foamroll..ick, attempted to do my mobility stuff and I could barely move, was just feeling ridiculously drained. Work has been fairly demanding this week too so I'm sure that aint helping.

Decided L is pretty much always injured...so maybe his little quote aint the pearl of wisdom for some folk. Like I'm thinking, I was training 6-7 times a week in the run up to the comp and I think when you stop training for a day or two it all catches up.

Going to actually take my time over the next few days before heading back into a 6-7day training schedule :) That's the plan anyway!

Thursday 17th November
    Went to take these words of wisdom and headed to the gym.

Tried to foamroll..ick, attempted to do my mobility stuff and I could barely move, was just feeling ridiculously drained. Work has been fairly demanding this week too so I'm sure that aint helping.

Decided L is pretty much always injured...so maybe his little quote aint the pearl of wisdom for some folk. Like I'm thinking, I was training 6-7 times a week in the run up to the comp and I think when you stop training for a day or two it all catches up.

Going to actually take my time over the next few days before heading back into a 6-7day training schedule :) That's the plan anyway!

I think it'd be REALLY interesting to see what'd happen if you cut your volume down to 3/4.

I think it'd be REALLY interesting to see what'd happen if you cut your volume down to 3/4.

I know what would happen:D:D..I'd drive everyone demented

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

I went snatching the day after my last PL comp.

The begining of the end wha. :'(

Friday 18th November
    Slept for a good 11hours last night...that coupled with a nice day at work meant I was feeling more refreshed. Went to the gym to do a bit of mobility stuff and to just try and get back into the routine of GOING to the gym

Mobility Mix
    Over and Unders
    Hurdle Steps
    Scap pull ups
    Leg Swings
    Wall slides
    T-Push ups

Did half a con Session ..really don't want to ruin myself too soon and end up unable to train for the weekend..I'll leave that until next week:)

Con Block-10mins
    Sled pushes +10kg
    Yellow line-3rd yellow line ~20m
    8 up and backs in 9.45

Work block 1-15mins
    5 Goblet Squats-25kg
    5 DB Floor Press- 15kg
    5 DB row e/s 22.5kg
    9 rounds in 14.50mins
    Had to drop the weight on both squats and floor press..really couldnt do ANYTHING with the 17.5kg DB:(:(

• Advertisement

Saturday 19th November

Okay so the plan for the run up to Xmas (next 6 weeks) is to work on my pullups, get my conditioning back to a decent standard and then to act as a guinea pig for Hanley's strength thing. Not long now till Xmas:D:D

Didn't do it in the order it was intended...gym was PACKED...and the squat rack was free..so I pounced.

Squats
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    30kg x 5
    40kg x 3
    49kg x 10...I actually got a horrible fright. I hadn't expected them to feel so hard.
    49kg x 10
    49kg x 10
    49kg x 10..the rest were better

Bench
    20kg x 12
    25kg x 12
    30kg x 12...nice and easy:)..I like
    30kg x 12
    30kg x 12

Deadlifts
    Emmm...errr...REALLY don't know what to say about these. Hanley was trying to show me how to make my DLs prettier

New way of setting up was...
    set up 'MY way'
    Then push knees back..roll bar back to meet my legs
    Then ass down..make an attempt to tighten my back
    and lift...awkwardly.

60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    The amount of frickin effort it took to try get 60kg off the floor

Pull ups
    3, 3, 3, 2, 2....I REALLY. REALLY need to get my pullups back

Hanging Leg Raises
    3 x 10

DB Side Bends
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10
    22.5kg x 10/10

Sunday 20th November-Conditioning

Met up with Henners, Fullback4glin and Shane for some outdoor Sunday afternoon conditioning. Was great craic and a great way to start getting back into doing conditioning. I'll definitely be meeting up with the lads for more of this. just for the laugh.

Block 1
    Hill Sprints
    3 x doubles
    8 singles
    These were sooooo annoying!! Was trying so hard to even only be about 2 metres behind the lads..but it was impossible and wasnt happening!! My little legs just don't go any faster:(

On the positive side...the lads were dying doing the sprints where as I was grand...my duracell motor was on :)

Block 2-10mins
    30sec on/ 30 sec off
    Front squats with 10kg powerbag
    Averaging 16-18..funny how you get competitive when someone else is doing the same as you:D:D

Block 3-10mins
    30 sec on/off
    16 KB swings
    Looong time since I tried these..easy enough.
    Averaging 19 swings

Block 4-15mins
    5 Lunges e/s with 10kg powerbag
    5-10 presses with 10kg powerbag
    10 walkouts with a pushup
    No idea about rounds. Couldn'r really do the walk outs at all...have absolutely no hamstring flexibility so couldnt do them properly.

A good sesson!:)

In hindsight:
    I need to start remembering that after competitions there kind of is a NEED for me to take a good few days off and not think about anything. Had been REALLY tired all week, not motivated to go near a gym and only wanted foods that contained high quantities of sugar.

BUT..:D:Dfeeling pretty good this evening (despite a bit of DOMs from yesterdays and todays session) and my appetite for non sugary foods has come back...wahooo!! I'd confidently say my protein count was probably sub 50g all week..really had no interest in anything nutritious...so weird!!

Circle Of Pain was a great idea.

You're engine was actually sickening.

Shane and I on hands and knees about to see our breakfasts and you saying "3,2,1 GO!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

funny how you get competitive when someone else is doing the same as you

Hmmm

You're engine was actually sickening.

Shane and I on hands and knees about to see our breakfasts and you saying "3,2,1 GO!"

Yeh...the plan was to give ye no rest at all for my reps...but ye took so bloody long coming down the hill....mind ya...it took me so bloody long getting up the hill:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Yeh...the plan was to give ye no rest at all for my reps...but ye took so bloody long coming down the hill....mind ya...it took me so bloody long getting up the hill:D:D

It's one harsh hill, just what you want. I felt it was a perfect number of sprints too, literally couldn't have done anymore

• Advertisement

I was down the hill before you loads of times!

It's one harsh hill, just what you want. I felt it was a perfect number of sprints too, literally couldn't have done anymore

Yeah, was just about right.
    Next time, We'll do 15, she can do 20 with no break, clearly doesnt need one........................

Really, really going to make an attempt to cut back on training days and to see what effects it has.

Was ridiculously sore yesterday (from the hill sprints I think!) and found moving around quite difficult. Did something I wouldnt normally....I took a REST DAY:eek:

Tuesday 22nd November

Mobility
    Reverse Lunges
    Horizontal Face Pulls
    Leg Swings
    Scap Push ups
    Over and Unders-hips make the horrible grinding noises again...uck
    Hurdle Steps
    YTW..tried doing these with 3kg...and couldnt :o...back to 1kg

Bench
    20kg x 5
    27kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5
    33kg x 5...bench numbers are ridiculously easy..may have to revise this

Pullups
    Elbow was niggling me after last time, dont really want that to become a problem...and I have gained quite a few kg since Saturday...I kid you not!! Damn vicious cycle
    So settled for sets of 2
    6 sets of 2

Squat
    I was quite nervous about the squatting...legs still arent back to pain free ness..went fine though
    20kg x 8
    20kg x 8
    32kg x 5
    45kg x 3
    53kg x 8
    53kg x 8
    53kg x 8
    53kg x 8
    53kg x 8

RDLs...was supposed to be Stiff Leg Deadlift but I wasnt paying attention.
    Have to clarify EXACTLY how to do these.
    20kg x 10
    40kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    60kg x 10
    60kg x 10

Overhand BB holds
    60kg x 30sec
    60kg x 23sec
    60kg x 30sec..they are bloody hard!!

Deadlift
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    60kg x 5
    65kg x 5

Complete rushed session today!

Deadlifts and a Deadlift variant in the same session?

I'm glad you were sore after Sunday as it seemed to have no effect on you on the day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement