Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a pub/hotel to hold a 60th party in Letterkenny

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭

Anyone know of any decent pubs that will section an area of the pub off for a private party? Reason I want it to be a pub thing is cos I don't want to hire a huge room and then ending up only half of it being used plus it means I have to hire a DJ and stuff.

Want it to be in a pub, cornered off, enough for approx 40 people and does food. I don't mind it being in a hotel but only if it's got a smallish room and kinda links with the rest of the bar if you know what I mean.

It's for my father and he wants it in the Ramada or Gallagher's hotel but their rooms are huge and I doubt it'd even fill up a third of that. I know Josie's Bar does it but my Dad goes to that pub every month and we know the owner quite well and I think my Dad wants something different for a change.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

maybe the small bar in the brewery, but could be a tight fit. also upstairs in tri na og can be used for private parties

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Just checked out pics of Tir Na Og, not bad but would prefer a bit more in the centre of the town. Will check them out tomorrow.

Keep the suggestions coming folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Trish2007

What about the Hideout? I think the Orchard now has function rooms as well. I havent been in the orchard yet so not sure of the size.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭nmg_ire

Orchard has a small function room just of the main lounge now, Tir na og has a nice place upstairs, Mc Carry's bar has a small room out the back that they do parties in if Gallaghers is too big. Dillions sometimes cordon off the rear area behind the dj box. Arena 7 also has a function room catering for small parties

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭Pique

nmg_ire wrote: »
    Orchard has a small function room just of the main lounge now, Tir na og has a nice place upstairs, Mc Carry's bar has a small room out the back that they do parties in if Gallaghers is too big. Dillions sometimes cordon off the rear area behind the dj box. Arena 7 also has a function room catering for small parties

+1 for Arena 7. The small function room is perfect for 20-40 people. It's got a bar of its own too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭donegalgirl28

Not too keen on Arena 7. Was in there before, didn't have the right atmosphere, felt it was too cut off from the rest of the bar.

Advertisement