Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week #67

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

We had a landslide victory this week with Deicide's Legion being firmly pushed into the runner up spot by Mastodon's Leviathan.

Here's the breakdown of the votes. As usual, only albums with more than one vote are listed.

Dream Theater - Train of Thought - 3
    Deicide - Legion - 6
    Mastodon - Leviathan - 11

This is a damn strange video. I may have to watch it again when I'm not quite as tired.

Mod Note: Let's focus on discussing Mastodon's album here. I don't want to see a load of posts about bloody Deicide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

WHALECORE!!!

Great album. A brillant mix of powerful riffs, skitzophrenic drumming, heavily distorted bass and lyrics inspired by the epic Moby Dick. What is there not to like?

This is the first song I heard by Mastodon and probably one of my favourite songs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

WHALECORE!!!

Great album. A brillant mix of powerful riffs, skitzophrenic drumming, heavily distorted bass and lyrics inspired by the epic Moby Dick. What is there not to like?

This is the first song I heard by Mastodon and probably one of my favourite songs.

same for me, this is the song that got me into Mastodon, that riff replays forever in my head after i hear this song.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Brilliant album, my second favourite from Mastodon after Blood Mountain. Not only is it a great album but inspired great bands like Baroness and Kylesa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

This is a holy disgrace.. But i do love this album.. We better do it this week lads..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

This is a holy disgrace.. But i do love this album.. We better do it this week lads..:cool:

I shall be standing at the gates waiting to repel you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

this is getting ridiculous now. People are voting for other albums just so deicide doesnt win!

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Morbid Angel - Blessed Are The Sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Max Power1 wrote: »
    this is getting ridiculous now. People are voting for other albums just so deicide doesnt win!

And the Deicide Six keep voting for Deicide in just as stubborn a manner. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Snake Pliisken

What an album, and it made it cool to like metal again :rolleyes:

Brann is a hero and the guitar work is the best the bands ever done, with some guitar duels reminiscent of SFTD-era Queens of the Stone Age but still as bludgeoning as Remission in parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Totally love this album and anthing by Mastodon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭fortuneg

white_whale1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

Max Power1 wrote: »

fuckin right we are

quality album!

Advertisement