Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭

how do get rid of that fu~king add for a scratch card flashing in the top right hand corner

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

jwshooter wrote: »
    how do get rid of that fu~king add for a scratch card flashing in the top right hand corner

Gamblers anonymous?

All I'm seeing is an add for holidays :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I use the Mozilla Firefox browser. One of the most popular add-ons is a wee thing called Adblock plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

That or subscribe to boards.ie (there's a fee-paying subscription that turns off the ads).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

Sparks wrote: »
    That or subscribe to boards.ie (there's a fee-paying subscription that turns off the ads).

i thought we were subscribers to boards ,how much do i have to pay to turn off the flashing adds

In your User Control Panel, on the menu on the left at the bottom, it's "Paid Subscriptions". €5 for 1 month, €13 for 3 months, €50 for one year. And you get more PM space and one or two other things I think (I'm not sure - I signed up for one a few years ago more because I'd seen the hardware the site was running on and wanted to help buy something better so it was more a range chip-in than a magazine subscription).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

were seeing more and more adds the flashing ones are pissing me off .

maybe they should change the line to .

"Boards now your making money "

Hmm. Nearly twenty servers and several full-time staff to keep them running and hundreds of thousands of posters to talk to, and all you have to do is tolerate an ad on the page?
    I'd call that value for money...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Should there not be a warning for people with epilepsy JW? :P
    Cousin had that as a child, scary sh1t

Advertisement