Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

full-time physiotherapists course cork???

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi I'm living in Cork if anyone knows is there a full-time physiotherapists course? If anybody has any information that would help me please let me know as i have looked at some courses and they are mostly weekends, and I work on sat and sunday.

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

aedooma,
    The only Physiotherapist courses are in Dublin or Limerick.

There are Physical Therapist courses around but there is a difference between the two.

I can't help with these though as i've only looked into them in limerick.

Brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ni churraoin

I dont know about the physical therapy courses im afraid, but Triangle is right the only places you can do Physiotherapy is in UCD Trinity and UL. They are full time 4yr degree courses and as far as I know Physical therapy is only 1 year private course....so as you can imagine there is a big difference between the 2qualifications!! its actually a bit of a sore point with the physiotherapists in this country at the moment........in most other countries Physiotherapists also go under the heading of Physical therapists but not here+they want that 2be changed+ to be regulated. So just make sure that its Physical therapy you actually want to do because its a different qualification+job to a Physiotherapist. Best of luck with it anyway:)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There is a thread there discussing the differences. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055946064

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 aedooma

thank you all for the info

Advertisement