Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

was anyone at bray dog show?stolen dog with a new owner!!!

Options
  • 26-07-2010 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

think i have lead to where he is so there is no need to have the link up thank you to everyone who helped !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 traci doyle

sorry that address was not valid please reply or pm me if you saw benji at the show

Are you absolutely sure that's the dog? You could contact the organisers regarding the picture.

I am 100% i wouldnt be trying to find him this way if i wasnt its not just me my family my boss my friends everyone saw it and hes not a yorkie hes an australian silky its not a common breed the vets we went to all over wicklow said they dont see many of them and he has a distinctive nose too so we are sure its him he was seen been taken in to a van so he most likely got sold to the girls family

i contacted the organisers the photographer we even went around bray askin had ppl seen him at the festival i spoke to the judge and she sed it was the little girl who entered him in to the show and he won the fancy dress but thats all she could remember

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I hope you manage to find the family and get him back.

It must be a HUGE weight off your mind to see him happy and with a family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

maybe your dog was stolen and roamed off trying to find you, and was rescued by some centre, then that little girls family rehomed it
    or
    it was stolen and sold on to this little girls family, was it chipped,

We were so happy to see him alive but we are so p'#t off to know someone would sell our dog to a family with kids thats gonna make it hard for us to get him back and then theres ppl who will say ye know hes happy leave him where he is etc but i have a 6 yr old and a 9 month old and if a stranger took my kids and let them do wat they wanted for a few weeks and bought them anything they wanted etc they would probably have a great laugh but i wouldnt let a stranger keep my kids! its not exactly the same but it would be justifying ppl stealing dogs this is wat happens

he was chipped but in a previous owners name i was finding it difficult to change it in to my name because the person passed away and i couldnt get permission if he was rehomed with them then the wspca and other rehoming centres would have known he was my dog because we rang every single county and every sanctuary and pound

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Contact the Bray people, the photographer will probably have a name from when he took the photograph.
    If the dog was stolen and you reported to the gardai, you will be entitled to get it back, much the same as if someone mistakenly buys a stolen car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Jinxi

Well if you know the previous owners details then you will have proof if it comes down to it that it is Benji.
    I'd bet the organisers have a name but prob don't want to get involved in such a mess. GOod look in your search.

• Advertisement

we have a name of the little girl but its not much use when noone really knows who she is we just know her dad is irish thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Hope you get your dog back.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭declanobrennan

Ask the Bray People to do a story on it. Like an appeal from you to the family. I'd say they would do it. Local papers are always stuck for stories.

that might work actually im getting a bit fed up with the whole thing i now because we think we have found him then it turns out we havent got any further because we dont have a clue where these ppl are

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭MoonDancer

Maybe if you ask in the Wicklow forum, someone there might know?

i didnt know there was one i will do thet now thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

MoonDancer wrote: »
    Maybe if you ask in the Wicklow forum, someone there might know?

I was just about to suggest this :)

Maybe even post in the South County Dublin forum too? Just to cover all the bases :) Someone might recognise the little girl

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

I really really hope that the OP is 100% sure that this is her dog, even then should people be posting other people's contact details on here, as in names, addresses and phone numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Folks ... I've deleted two posts which contained names, addresses and phone numbers.

I don't think it's right to be publishing that kind of detail about someone who has no idea that this thread exists.

Please don't publish someone elses personally identifiable information ... even if it's publically available (phone book etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

People, you're aware that you potentially posted address and contact details for a little girl on a public forum? Please have some cop on - think about what you're posting before you post it.

OP, it's possible that the little girl is a model, particularly given that she seems to appear in stock happy shots in newspapers in the independent group. One of their photgraphers probably uses her on a regular basis for shots of family trips, etc.

If you can get a hold of a paper copy of the bray people, it should say the name of the photographer under the photo. Otherwise ring up the newspaper and ask for his name on the pretence that you want to book him for a christening. He should be able to tell you if that dog actually belongs to the little girl or if she was a model.

If the dog won any part of the competition, the competition organisers will have it written down somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Just a suggestion ... if you still have the microchip registration details, i.e. the chip number, you could ask a local vet to look up the number and see if it had been re-registered somehow by the new owner. I don't know whether they'd do this .. data protection act and all that, but it might be worth a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

This thread is now premoderated. The reason for this is that posters have been posting private personal information. Also certain accusations have been made with no proof to bak them up.

could the mods please correct this i did not put any details up a idont know any or id have the dog back wouldnt i the pic is in the wicklow ppl all i know is the name which is on the front page of the paper so please can ppl stop attacking me over a rediculous comment someone made if ppl are too lazy to read the thread dont reply to it please....ps where is the phone number ?i dont know these ppl?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hi traci, another poster put up contact details which have since been removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Bear in mind that the only proof of ownership that is likely to be legally accepted is a dog licensed issued prior to the dog going missing. If a new owner has a license from when they got the dog & you do not then it would be extremely difficult to prove ownership.

Did you report the dog as lost or stolen to the Gardai ?.

If you knew that the dog was chipped then surely you have the chip number ?. If the dog is carrying a chip that is not registered to you then at very least you would need to be able to give the chip number.

Advertisement