Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions on 3 Bikes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

mkdon05 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,
    Long time since Iv been aroun these parts, but trying to get back into the cycling. Have picked out the following 3 bikes for your opinions or possibly recommend something else in the price range.

Basso Devil
    http://duffcycles.com/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Devil_4b0ae962affb0.jpg - Campy mirage xenon derailler, mirage shifters and mirage breaks. Cost -1225 (Possibly 715 if I can get the Biketowork)

Giant Defy
    http://www.duffcycles.com/about-shop?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=143&category_id=22 - Upgraded brakes to shimano 105's. Cost - 1125 (Possibly 635)

Focus Cayo 105
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/Focus_Cayo_105_Compact_2010/5360045299/ Cost - 1235 (Cant get Bike to work online so full whack)

Would love the cayo but would it justify the extra cost?? My level of fitness is very low these days and bike would be used to try build it up.

wiggle had 400 pounds off focus road bikes last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

They still have money off the Focus, 1235 is the sale price, down from 1850.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

mkdon05 wrote: »
    They still have money off the Focus, 1235 is the sale price, down from 1850.

Ah, now surely a Cayo 105 was never €1850.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,460 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

that is the 2010 model with a bb30 bottom bracket remodelled frame (tapered head tube) and 500 quid off

(the ltd is last years frame) which i have and find it a great comfortable ride

having a nice bike does make you ride more, but as someone pointed out getting a focus is so last year (i'd still buy one though)

Lumen wrote: »
    Ah, now surely a Cayo 105 was never €1850.
    they seemed to have upped the frame spec (i guess not having one ) but its the same price as last years at the mo so...... is the new frame that much better ?????????????????????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

hard to beat that .

• Advertisement

Im kind of leaning towards the Boardman comp now.
    It seems like a good bike although I dont really like Halfords.
    Anyone got an opinion on them? Shimano 105 rear mech and tiagra front mech and shifters.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭olmo

I bought a team carbon from Halfords in Swords and had no issues. Guys there race so they know what they're doing. Anyway how bad can it go wrong? You're always going to check over a bike no matter where you get it from. When your spending that money you should at least know the basics of how the bike works or learn by checking things on it. Halfords do the bike scheme and 15% off with an Axa policy. They told me they don't do the 2 together but chance your arm as I did!

I was in the one in swords and was talking to one of the lads there, He was clued in alright. More interested in peoples thoughts on the Boardman bikes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭olmo

I can't comment on the Boardman Comp but my Team carbon is great. No probs at all, I really like it

Well I said F**K it and ordered the Focus. Cant wait for it to arrive now!!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

Got a focus team replica last week. It is brilliant. The only diff is the colour and mine is SRAM force and yours is 105 and different wheels I think. You won't regret it. Arrived after 1 week with just the handlebars to attach to the stem. They even pumped up the tyres. The gears were perfectly aligned and indexed.

Arrived today, very pleased with it. Looking forward to getting out regularly now!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Best of luck with it, got yourself a nice bike there!

Advertisement